It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Good game, Sodorblom looked solid in Toronto.

hawks brass are praying. i'm sure mrazek will be gone after this season...hawk mngt. need and want soderblum to be the #1. i believe mngt. has spoken to richardson and richardson has become a friend of the program. soderblum and mrazek with 2 starts each after 4 games.

D tinordi appears the odd-man out. zaitsev back. none of the rookie D have done anything to get scratched. fantastic start for this group. collectively, the FWDs aren't at leaf-level, but they literally skated their blades off for richardson last night.

I really like what I'm seeing from the 3 young dmen. But that said, #44 is a bit out of control and could definitely use some more seasoning in the minors or wherever he goes back to if doesn't stick with the parent club.

How does it work with #55? Everyone keeps saying he has 9 games, but I don't know what that means. Does that mean that if you keep him longer than 9 games it will affect his future contract status?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
shakes wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

hawks brass are praying. i'm sure mrazek will be gone after this season...hawk mngt. need and want soderblum to be the #1. i believe mngt. has spoken to richardson and richardson has become a friend of the program. soderblum and mrazek with 2 starts each after 4 games.

D tinordi appears the odd-man out. zaitsev back. none of the rookie D have done anything to get scratched. fantastic start for this group. collectively, the FWDs aren't at leaf-level, but they literally skated their blades off for richardson last night.

I really like what I'm seeing from the 3 young dmen. But that said, #44 is a bit out of control and could definitely use some more seasoning in the minors or wherever he goes back to if doesn't stick with the parent club.

How does it work with #55? Everyone keeps saying he has 9 games, but I don't know what that means. Does that mean that if you keep him longer than 9 games it will affect his future contract status?

If he plays 9 games, he can be sent back to juniors. 10 games with the Hawks and he has to stick. He cannot be sent to the AHL because he’s too young (I think he needs to be 20 years old). It’s a stupid rule that I wish they would change.

He’s playing well so IMO, they shouldn’t send him back to juniors.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
May as well just give 55 and 44 the minutes that Jones and Murphy get and let them learn. Sick of seeing Jones and Murphy so much at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
The Division wrote:
shakes wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

If he plays 9 games, he can be sent back to juniors. 10 games with the Hawks and he has to stick. He cannot be sent to the AHL because he’s too young (I think he needs to be 20 years old). It’s a stupid rule that I wish they would change.

i think it's a kris bryant type deal.

if korchinski plays more than 9 games with the hawks - at his age (currently 19) - one year will be removed off his entry level contract. korchinski has a 3 year entry level contract that he signed last year. the same thing occurred with the hawks 1st pick of 2017 or 18, the finnish D-man. the next year, at the 19-20 age with an entry level contract, he played more than 25 games. the fact the 1 year elapsed off his contract didn't bother the hawks, they traded him to buffalo for nylander.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:37 am 

shakes wrote:

I really like what I'm seeing from the 3 young dmen.

still have some big D in the system: phillips/allen/rinzel/del mastro.

Quote:

yes. korchinski signed an entry level contract of 3 years, last aug. he's currently 19. ages 19-20 on an entry level contract - if they play more than 9 games in the nhl at ages 19-20, one year will get erased off their contract.

i think this is a no brainer and this guy will get bigger $$$ in 2 years. don't think the hawks mind too much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:03 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
The Division wrote:
shakes wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

i think it's a kris bryant type deal.

if korchinski plays more than 9 games with the hawks - at his age (currently 19) - one year will be removed off his entry level contract. korchinski has a 3 year entry level contract that he signed last year. the same thing occurred with the hawks 1st pick of 2017 or 18, the finnish D-man. the next year, at the 19-20 age with an entry level contract, he played more than 25 games. the fact the 1 year elapsed off his contract didn't bother the hawks, they traded him to buffalo for nylander.

The contract probably plays into it but the thing that makes it "challenging" from the Hawks point of view is if you send him down, he must return to juniors. The question then becomes, does he have anything more to prove in juniors? Or maybe the question is, will he develop more in juniors as opposed to the big club?

If he could be sent to the AHL, I'd totally agree it would be all about when that first contract starts. The fact that he cannot go to the A right now makes it more interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:05 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
shakes wrote:

I really like what I'm seeing from the 3 young dmen.

still have some big D in the system: phillips/allen/rinzel/del mastro.

Quote:

yes. korchinski signed an entry level contract of 3 years, last aug. he's currently 19. ages 19-20 on an entry level contract - if they play more than 9 games in the nhl at ages 19-20, one year will get erased off their contract.

i think this is a no brainer and this guy will get bigger $$$ in 2 years. don't think the hawks mind too much.

I agree and he'll probably get a new deal in the 1.5-2M range, depending on performance. So far, so good...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:13 am 

they were due a stinker and a stinker it was. reichel, softer than baby poo, -2...weak on the puck, shies away from the puck when a hit is coming. just do something on the PP. i thought the PP would be a strength. slow start to the PP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:15 am 

End of a 5 game road trip to start the year. a really young team. no surprise they struggled. Still see a lot to be positive about

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:24 pm 

they would've been better off forfeiting the game, coming home early and getting some rest in advance of tomorrow's home opener.

This has to be the most brutal opening schedule I've ever witnessed especially for a team that isn't going to be a playoff team. And it's not like it lets up just cause they come home. Vegas/Boston/@ Vegas (ill be in attendance!)/@ Arizona

Zona is weak, but it still gonna be a tough game after spending the weekend in Vegas.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:46 pm 

Korchinski hit his 10th game. He’s not eligible to return to juniors, not that he needs to. He’s been really good so far.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Nice bounce back from the debacle in Arizona, need to finish the weekend with a win over the Devils.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:19 am 

Has Bedard finally started to play well?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Brick wrote:

5 goals and two assists in 10 games (and scoring a goal in each of the last 3 games) isn’t bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:02 am 

Not great for an exceptional Canadian though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Brick wrote:

5 goals and two assists in 10 games (and scoring a goal in each of the last 3 games) isn’t bad.

Nice goal last night, but shouldn't have been a star of the game...Mrazek held off the Panthers in the third.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:02 pm 

Hawks now 2-0 with me in the building with wins vs the two teams who competed for the Stanley Cup last spring.

Also Bedard has scored in both games...and at the end where I was sitting.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:00 pm 

Sounds like Connor finally had a good game. Good to see.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:05 pm 

Never even heard of Corey Perry.

Go Hawks! Bedard and those other guys!

Now I know what it feels like to be a Cub fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:15 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Never even heard of Corey Perry.

Go Hawks! Bedard and those other guys!

Now I know what it feels like to be a Cub fan

RIP to Chandler Bing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:19 pm 

Do I start watching now or no?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22