It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Can they Ohtani him and play him a shift at C and when he'd normally go off the ice he plays goal to rest up for his next shift? I assume he's good enough to play goal with regular hockey gear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
KDdidit wrote:
Can they Ohtani him and play him a shift at C and when he'd normally go off the ice he plays goal to rest up for his next shift? I assume he's good enough to play goal with regular hockey gear.

Just make an action figure of him as a transformer.

I am really interested as to what they are gonna do with the 2nd 1st round pick. Davidson has said they are not gonna make all those picks they have, and they haven't traded any of those 2nd rders.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
DAC wrote:
Cashman wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
a lot of "experts" said Kane would be too small to succeed in the NHL prior to him being drafted. All Kane has done is not only prove them wrong, but change the game to where guys his size can hang and play in the league and have some measure of success. With everything else Bedard has going for him, I expect him to be extraordinary.

I think the problem might be, will Bedard hold up at Center?

There hasn't been a #1 pick since Kane whose key attribute was skill. Hughes's best attribute is his skating.

And I don't know that Kane changed the game as much as it was changing already with rules legislating head shots and blindside hits out of the game. Plus, with the number of fights going down and the overall shift towards skill over brawn, Kane just came along at the right time to take advantage of the game opening up.

You are correct, however it wasn't the removal of head shots/blindside hits that changed the game. It was NHL's decision to start calling the actual rule book and get rid of the hooking, holding, clutching and grabbing that plagued the game. THAT is what allowed skilled players like Kaner to flourish. Headshots/blindside hits don't affect a guy like Kane who probably was on the receiving end of a big hit less than 5x in his entire career.

But yes, that massive change came around right around the time Kaner showed up. Perfect timing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:56 pm 

KDdidit wrote:

I know you're joking, but there is some merit to the start of the idea. Don't know if it works in the NHL or if anyone has ever tried it, but what about having Bedard play center on offense, but take a winger position on the defensive side? I used to do something similar to that on one of my teams when I started getting up in age. played with a great player 20 years younger than me. He hated taking faceoffs and I'm good at them. So we used to have me center the draws and then move into a winger position on defense so I could just guard a point and eh could go into the corners and do all the dirty work.

Similarly, you want Bedard in the middle of the ice on offense.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
Cashman wrote:
a lot of "experts" said Kane would be too small to succeed in the NHL prior to him being drafted. All Kane has done is not only prove them wrong, but change the game to where guys his size can hang and play in the league and have some measure of success. With everything else Bedard has going for him, I expect him to be extraordinary.

There hasn't been a #1 pick since Kane whose key attribute was skill. Hughes's best attribute is his skating.

And I don't know that Kane changed the game as much as it was changing already with rules legislating head shots and blindside hits out of the game. Plus, with the number of fights going down and the overall shift towards skill over brawn, Kane just came along at the right time to take advantage of the game opening up.

You are correct, however it wasn't the removal of head shots/blindside hits that changed the game. It was NHL's decision to start calling the actual rule book and get rid of the hooking, holding, clutching and grabbing that plagued the game. THAT is what allowed skilled players like Kaner to flourish. Headshots/blindside hits don't affect a guy like Kane who probably was on the receiving end of a big hit less than 5x in his entire career.

But yes, that massive change came around right around the time Kaner showed up. Perfect timing.

You're right. The NHL deciding to call those penalties after the 2005 lockout definitely helped the skaters and the skilled players. But I also think that removing all the head shots and blind hits gave players to freedom to not be as fearful when on the ice. I'd love to see some statistics about concussions. Seems like the number of concussions has gone way down over the last 15 years or so.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:06 am 

Cashman wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Just make an action figure of him as a transformer.

I am really interested as to what they are gonna do with the 2nd 1st round pick. Davidson has said they are not gonna make all those picks they have, and they haven't traded any of those 2nd rders.

help a bandwagon brother out here, why would a team not make as many high round picks as it could during what is being reported as a stacked draft?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
good dolphin wrote:

help a bandwagon brother out here, why would a team not make as many high round picks as it could during what is being reported as a stacked draft?

Not sure. It could be as simple as having the philosophy of moving up to get better prospects. Quality over quantity. Personally, unless you are talking about the top of the draft the dropoff between the end of the 1st round to the 2nd round is not that great. I'd rather have more picks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
DAC wrote:
shakes wrote:
DAC wrote:
Cashman wrote:

You're right. The NHL deciding to call those penalties after the 2005 lockout definitely helped the skaters and the skilled players. But I also think that removing all the head shots and blind hits gave players to freedom to not be as fearful when on the ice. I'd love to see some statistics about concussions. Seems like the number of concussions has gone way down over the last 15 years or so.

More about the subtle hook or grab the good teams will use on the cherry picker types to slow them down and keep them from building speed as they try to gain the zone, this is used to slow these guys down by team with sound D structure or with good D forwards.

Guys like Panerin tend to disappear in the playoffs unless they have a winger with size that can create space, Kaner with Big Buff on the wing was much different than Kaner with Artem Anisimov.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
They are back BIGLY on Facebook. Apparently the Blackhawks did something good tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:57 am 

So we drafted two centers? What is Scotty Bowman thinking?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:05 am 

Brick wrote:

It sounds like Davidson is valuing skating. I have 100% confidence in Davidson as a GM. He is making some great decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:07 am 

Cashman wrote:
Brick wrote:

It sounds like Davidson is valuing skating. I have 100% confidence in Davidson as a GM. He is making some great decisions.

I don't. They are just going to get in each others way being in the center of the ice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:21 am 

Brick wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Brick wrote:

I don't. They are just going to get in each others way being in the center of the ice.

I think he is gonna construct this team centered around building through the middle, and getting bigger guys via FA. I think they have enough DMen in the system, but not saying they can not add more. This is a deep forward draft. You can see how much talent he is drafting the last 2yrs. I suspect, they will draft a goalie by their second 2nd round pick. This is a deep draft and is gonna be very exciting if they draft all four of the 2nd round picks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
Don't know if this is real or not, but kinda funny if it is

https://awfulannouncing.com/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-kyle-davidson-hockey-interview-draft.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:52 am 

Cashman wrote:
Brick wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:10 am 

Cashman wrote:
. I suspect, they will draft a goalie by their second 2nd round pick. This is a deep draft and is gonna be very exciting if they draft all four of the 2nd round picks.

Took one with the 1st, 2nd round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Cashman wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yep, they showed that they valued skating with their first round picks last year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I like getting Moore as a potential future 2C, but can also see him having to be a winger when Auston Matthews gets signed next year. No way he wants to stick in Toronto after next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
shakes wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Brick wrote:

The pause before answering what he would change is great. You can see him calculating the fine in his head if he says what he probably wants to say. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:42 pm 

Do we have a guy who can fight to protect this kid like a Probert or Carcillo type?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:43 pm 

Brick wrote:
Do we have a guy who can fight to protect this kid like a Probert or Carcillo type?

Corey Perry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick wrote:

Brad Aldrich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:41 am 

Every sports team in Chicago sucks, so let's start this back up

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:22 pm 

Bedard's regular season debut tonight, who's watching?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Caller Bob wrote:
Bedard's regular season debut tonight, who's watching?

I guess I'll begrudgingly give it a go. I kinda swore off the hawks after that grape shit.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I'll at least start it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:33 pm 

I'm watching. Bedard seems to stumble a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
The words "Mrazek" and "Making great saves" are ones I've never thought I'd hear as he is typically a tank commander.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I'm declaring it now: Bedard = Bust!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I'm finding myself saying "who" far too often when I hear a Blackhawk name mentioned.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next