It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:55 am 

doesn't sound promising

stayed at the bandwagon stop rather than boarding and waited for a later bus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Darkside wrote:
Crawford is done. Keith is done. Seabrook has been done. This 21 year old coach is a blithering twatmuffin.
Toews is killing the team with salary and lack of production. The defense in general was horrible last year and might o only get a tick better but probably not.
They're probably not a top 8 contender.

I agree, we have no goalie. Why is the coach a blithering twatmuffin?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Darkside wrote:
Crawford is done. Keith is done. Seabrook has been done. This 21 year old coach is a blithering twatmuffin.
Toews is killing the team with salary and lack of production. The defense in general was horrible last year and might o only get a tick better but probably not.

Crawford had some solid performances last spring when he came back. If he can stay concussion-free, there is no reason why he can't be an above-average goalie. Keith could still be an effective 2nd pairing dman if he gives a shit. Yeah- Seabrook is done. His contract is easily Bowman's biggest blunder.

Those that are criticizing Toews are clearly not paying attention. He had his statistically best season last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:

This is kind of where I was going....Darko said it better.

They're in a really bad cap position...Stan's doing. Toews may have bounced back, but he's still not earning his cap hit. Same with Seabrook.

The Crawford situation is a complete con job. in the 2017-18 he sat out Dec. 23rd through end of the season. The rehab rumors were everywhere...then they cam up with the "oh, he's had Vertigo like symptoms". He didn't play for over 3 months. If there was a concussion, it had to have been a good one. 2018-19 season, he get yet another concussion and misses time....THEN HE COMES BACK?
Bullshit. If the 2017-18 concussion was as bad as it was advertised, the 2018-19 concussion would have made him a fucking vegetable.

None of this matters. What does is what Darko described....Crawford is done. They don't have a legitimate starting goalie. The Defense is old, expensive, and slow. Duncan is not Duncan anymore. Hammer is long gone and they don't have anyone close. Despite some incremental upgrades, this not going to cut it. Even if they somehow make the playoffs....that defense won't be able to do jack shit in the game that is the NHL playoffs.

They're only hope is to somehow shed Seabrook's contract and then magically get Crawford off the books. Then they'd actually have to find a way to sign the right stud defender(s)....not so easy.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Seabrook should easily resolve itself though. There is going to be a lockout next year and just as with the previous lockout, there will be penalty free compliance buyouts when it ends. Guess who is #1 in line to receive one?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:41 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Seabrook should easily resolve itself though. There is going to be a lockout next year and just as with the previous lockout, there will be penalty free compliance buyouts when it ends. Guess who is #1 in line to receive one?

My God....they would be that foolish to do another lockout, wouldn't they. smh.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Are we good in 2019-20?

If so, middle of the playoffs good or contending good?

I feel like I want to like hockey more this year.

Jonathan Toews takes a huge portion of the salary cap and is a 3rd line center. He hasn't been "Toews" since 2015.

Goalie is a problem - Crawford is done.
Defense is old, slow, and expensive.

Stan is trying to dig his way out of the cap mess he created, but I just don't see the defense where it needs to be. That's taking nothing away from Patrick Kane playing out of his mind awesome.

Toews literally posted the best season of his career last season...

Casual fans just remember the last 'hot take' narrative they heard and parrot it. Toews was good last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
wdelaney72 wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

My God....they would be that foolish to do another lockout, wouldn't they. smh.

It's the NHL, how else do you think this will play out?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:20 am 

IMU wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Are we good in 2019-20?

If so, middle of the playoffs good or contending good?

I feel like I want to like hockey more this year.

Jonathan Toews takes a huge portion of the salary cap and is a 3rd line center. He hasn't been "Toews" since 2015.

Goalie is a problem - Crawford is done.
Defense is old, slow, and expensive.

Stan is trying to dig his way out of the cap mess he created, but I just don't see the defense where it needs to be. That's taking nothing away from Patrick Kane playing out of his mind awesome.

Toews literally posted the best season of his career last season...

Casual fans just remember the last 'hot take' narrative they heard and parrot it. Toews was good last year.

Toews has one of the highest cap hits in the NHL....all players. Was he even a top 5 center in this bounce back season? I don't pretend to be the biggest NHL or Blackhawks superfan, but I know ANYONE that has that kind of cap hit in the NHL has to earn it. Toews has not. As I already said....3rd line center may have been a bit harsh, but Toews is not the 2015-earlier Toews. There are other problems on the Blackhawks. Toews and his cap hit are one of them...bounce back season or not.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:00 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

This is kind of where I was going....Darko said it better.

They're in a really bad cap position...Stan's doing. Toews may have bounced back, but he's still not earning his cap hit. Same with Seabrook.

The Crawford situation is a complete con job. in the 2017-18 he sat out Dec. 23rd through end of the season. The rehab rumors were everywhere...then they cam up with the "oh, he's had Vertigo like symptoms". He didn't play for over 3 months. If there was a concussion, it had to have been a good one. 2018-19 season, he get yet another concussion and misses time....THEN HE COMES BACK?
Bullshit. If the 2017-18 concussion was as bad as it was advertised, the 2018-19 concussion would have made him a fucking vegetable.

None of this matters. What does is what Darko described....Crawford is done. They don't have a legitimate starting goalie. The Defense is old, expensive, and slow. Duncan is not Duncan anymore. Hammer is long gone and they don't have anyone close. Despite some incremental upgrades, this not going to cut it. Even if they somehow make the playoffs....that defense won't be able to do jack shit in the game that is the NHL playoffs.

They're only hope is to somehow shed Seabrook's contract and then magically get Crawford off the books. Then they'd actually have to find a way to sign the right stud defender(s)....not so easy.

The Hawks are not in a really bad cap position. Obviously, Seabrook's contract is atrocious and the worst in the league IMO but they are well under the cap right now and can easily resign their RFAs (Debrincat and Strome) next season. If they keep this year's space and trade Saad next offseason they can resign both of them.

How do you and Darko know that Crawford is done? That's just speculation. While he was rusty last season after coming back, he showed glimpses of his former self. Crawford only has 1 year left on his contract so his performance will work everything out. Naturally, it is in his best interest to have a good season if he has aspirations of another contract. I would like the Hawks to sign a veteran goalie on a 1-year deal a la Ward in case Crawford goes down again. I don't trust Delia with a full workload. He had a good start last year but faded badly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Assuming Crawford doesn't simply atrophy with age and wear like any NHL goalie tends to do (he'll be 35 next winter), let's consider his "concussions".
If they were really concussions, hes gotten his bell run more than Notre Dame cathedral and every NHL forward is looking to play Quasimodo. Now, more troubling are if the rumors are true. If hes been rehabbing and fucked up and rehabbing and fucked up... well it's not popular to say but he can't be trusted to lead a team to the playoffs and the final.
When hes on, he can't be beaten. But hes past his physical prime. Hes potentially dysfunctional or very close to scrambled egg brain.
Either way, I stand by my saying hes done. He can certainly have a few good games. Maybe a few good months but I'm not ready to consider this dude a top tier goalie on a top tier contender and of top tier reliability.
In other words, done.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:13 am 

Darkside wrote:
Assuming Crawford doesn't simply atrophy with age and wear like any NHL goalie tends to do (he'll be 35 next winter), let's consider his "concussions".
If they were really concussions, hes gotten his bell run more than Notre Dame cathedral and every NHL forward is looking to play Quasimodo. Now, more troubling are if the rumors are true. If hes been rehabbing and fucked up and rehabbing and fucked up... well it's not popular to say but he can't be trusted to lead a team to the playoffs and the final.
When hes on, he can't be beaten. But hes past his physical prime. Hes potentially dysfunctional or very close to scrambled egg brain.
Either way, I stand by my saying hes done. He can certainly have a few good games. Maybe a few good months but I'm not ready to consider this dude a top tier goalie on a top tier contender and of top tier reliability.
In other words, done.

exactly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:52 am 

slow your roll boys, this is the bandwagon fans thread

This discussion is far too in depth.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:55 am 

Can I get a status on this. Are we pushing for a playoff spot?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
good dolphin wrote:

In the hunt. Recent Hawks teams love first round exits, so all signs point to an 8 seed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: Favorite Pizza Place
IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

In the hunt. Recent Hawks teams love first round exits, so all signs point to an 8 seed.

How horribly things changed in the last few weeks. :x :x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
PortageP_Chi wrote:
IMU wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

How horribly things changed in the last few weeks. :x :x

They're dead, Jim.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:49 am 

Jumping back on for my playoff bound Blackhawks.

Rick, you need a hand jumping on?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 am 

This is stupid. I get that they wanted to salvage a playoff bracket, but it should have been fewer teams, not additional teams.

Jump off the wagon...the Hawks are awful

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:48 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

You have to think we are one of the favorites. Can we bring back Coach Q?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:41 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
This is stupid. I get that they wanted to salvage a playoff bracket, but it should have been fewer teams, not additional teams.

You won't be saying that when they hoist the Cup :wink:

I get what you are saying and if this was during any other time I would be agreeing with you.

But man I want to see some Chicago sports, so if that means I get to see a Hawks playoff series when they do not deserve to be in the playoffs then so be it.

Bring on the Hawks!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:45 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You have to think we are one of the favorites. Can we bring back Coach Q?

I think we really have a great shot. Sure we are old but now the legs are fresh. Our stars get hot, as they are likely to do and we will be a tough out. Is Crawford still playing? If so, he will stand on his head...not because he will play well in goal but because he has vertigo and thinks he is standing on his legs

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:54 pm 

BigW72 wrote:

It was estimated the NHL would lose 1 billion dollars if the rest of the season and playoffs were cancelled. By going with a 24-team playoff and including Chicago and Montreal, it would include the 2 of the biggest markets in the NHL. It is understandable why the NHL did it. Each team might win a round but they are no threat for the Cup.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:26 pm 

It's a money grab. It really won't determine who was the champion of a season that hasn't existed for months

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Shit...that's right...we still have Colliton

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
It's a money grab. It really won't determine who was the champion of a season that hasn't existed for months

Of course it's a money grab. Professional sports are a money grab.

The Cup will count in my mind. All teams played 70 or so games and the champion will have to of gone through the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:57 am 

anyone know where I can buy a cheap jersey to wear to the office on game days and the championship parade?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:24 pm 

I only wish Rick were alive to experience this

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:57 am 

so what does this all mean

should I put the bandwagon in storage for a few years?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 651 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next