It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:45 pm 

Saad to get shot at #2 Center. I like this move. He can skate, is responsible and plays a good two-way game. He has a good chance to succeed in my opinion.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blackha ... ine-center

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Saad wilted in the playoffs at his natural position, and Shaw's production went down when given wider reponsibility. Let's get a center to play center.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:03 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Saad wilted in the playoffs at his natural position, and Shaw's production went down when given wider reponsibility. Let's get a center to play center.

I see your point but feel Saad's will take his play to another level. I think he's young enough in his career to one day be a good center. I think he's already a decent playmaker and will continue to get better on the draw.

CH, who would you like to see get the first shot at#2 center? Pirri? I wouldn't have an issue w this but feel Saad would be a nice fallback if BP doesn't pan out.

I honestly don't listen much-Reared On The Score Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 pm 

The best thing you could probably do is move Sharp back to #2 center, since he looks like he's stuck at #2 left with Bickell or Saad providing forechecking and net presence for Toews and Kane/Hossa. That allows you to put Bickell and Saad in the top six at their natural positions, and play Sharp at a position that, while not his best, is still something he can do well. With your top six set, or as set as it can be with Q, you can ease Morin and Pirri in on the fourth line and wean them onto top-six minutes as earned.

I like what Fels had to say:
Quote:
I’m not sure where people are getting this “Saad is a great playmaker” storyline that was thrown at me when I questioned the idea. Does Saad make things happen on the ice? Of course. But mostly he does that by being a tenacious forechecker and physical presence on the ice. That’s hardly the same thing as being able to float a backhand pass through three guys to open space right in time to find a streaking teammate. He’s certainly not going to win any faceoffs — not that Pirri would either (LeBlanc might) — but the Hawks have proven they don’t really need that center too, I guess? Defensively, Saad is very aware as a winger, but it’s a whole new ballgame at center. And being there would rob the Hawks of his most precious skill (or at least one of them) as he would not longer be the first one into the attacking zone to make things happen below the net. And it might rob him of some finishing opportunities, which he’s shown a nose for, no?

Maybe the Hawks feel the need to keep Bryan Bickell — assuming his multiple procedures to make him the new Bionic Man go well – on the top six with that contract. With him and Sharp taking the two left wing roles, that would move Saad to the 3rd line. And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Saad would be an excellent checking winger for this year, and might lower the pressure on a sophomore campaign that many players have found a much bigger challenge than their rookie one.

Bickell - Toews - Kane
Saad - Sharp - Hossa
Kruger - Handzus - Shaw
Morin - Pirri - SmithHayesBeachBollig-wingstravaganza

VERY LATE EDIT: I don't see Brad Winchester on the capgeek roster. Is he only under contract to the IceHogs? If he's two-way, he could easily end up being a security blanket for Q on the fourth line.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
One year at $110,000/$550,000 for Beach. That's nothing. Looks like a make-or-break year for him. I'll take break.

On waivers, not sure if he cleared yet.

McNeill, Clendening, Olsen, and one of the Broadhursts to Rockford. Ryan Hartman returned to juniors.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
not sure if this warranted it's own thread but I thought this was hilarious...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ho ... 1518.story

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hank Scorpio wrote:
not sure if this warranted it's own thread but I thought this was hilarious...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ho ... 1518.story

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The bad thing is, though, because of that, now I can't hate him as much :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 am 

Well, Beach cleared waivers, so I guess he's still in Rockford for now, but you've gotta think that as a guy who couldn't get through the entire preseason, he's too low on the depth chart to ever make it with the Hawks. Another brilliant Dale Tallon draft pick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 pm 

Shaw signs 2 year extension at $2 million AAV

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7