It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm Not Feeling It
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Two incredible playoff series. A cup. A celebration. A parade.

I feel empty.

I don't understand why. At the end of the game 6 in 2010, I cried like a little girl. At the end of the game Monday, I did a fist pump and went to bed.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who felt like Monday was anti-climatic.

Post subject: Re: I'm Not Feeling It
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Yep. I've been trying to figure that out as well.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 pm 

I think I expected to feel the same way I did in 2010. This just seemed like a relief. Maybe I'll feel differently over time. It really was some of the most incredible hockey I have seen during the Bruins series. Overall, I haven't seen many more resilient teams. So many role players stepped up this year it was amazing. A

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
This is when Mac determined he was clinically depressed, when everyone sees joy in something yet he didnt.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I was just as excited. The first Cup was really exciting because during the Dollar Bill days it felt like this team was never going to win a Cup. When Rocky took over and we finally won one it was a magical feeling. This Cup was just as special though to me. It's proof that we have something special here. A core that can win multiple Cups and GM and front office that can keep putting the right players around them to keep winning more. In a way, winning the 2nd Cup feels like just the beginning of pro-longed greatness, something I didn't feel after the first Cup.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I was very concerned 2010 would be one and done especially after the purge. I'm very happy they won another and they are set up to keep winning more titles.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:45 pm 

I enjoyed it.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I enjoyed it more since I was actually in Chicago watching it on HD on a big screen and not on some 19 inch tube piece of shit tv in some lame hotel in Virginia.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I enjoyed it and it was awesome.

The ending was weird though. After weeks and weeks of battling where I thought the Hawks were dead (3-1 to Detroit) and going to die (after game 3 against Boston....I had prepared myself for an epic winner take all game 7. Then in a matter of 17 seconds it was over. The pendulum swung so fast that emotions could not keep pace. I needed to watch lots of post game for it to sink in because it was just over so fast.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Only way I would've enjoyed it more is if I was watching it with my uncle, a fellow diehard. It was an admittedly very stressful but exciting playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:30 pm 
Hoffy I'm with you. For the 2010 Cup I was out with friends and only the confusion of the ending kept me from weeping at the end. ( I took care of the weeping at the Bon Jovi show when Kid Rock had Duncs and others bring the cup out during his set). Celebratory stogie was in my pocket and was smoked shortly thereafter.

This time around I was at home, I was mad, then jumped for joy when they tied it. Sat on the couch begging them to hold the tie. The winning goal was more shock and "oh my god don't blow this!!", then as the clock hit zero it was more relief than celebration.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:15 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I enjoyed the Hawks winning this cup much more than 2010. Not sure why. Maybe because my Wife & kids were all Hockey crazy this year and we all watched almost every minute of every game together. I felt that there was more buzz & interest in the Hawks this year from fans & media than in 2010. This one just felt like a bigger event.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Hoffy, you are in shock. Also the high expectations of a great team were met. It IS different from 2010. Three years ago, that team was unproven and trying to put together another playoff run after being smashed by Detroit in 2009. Look at the two runs.

Almost blow it against Nashville, beat rival Vancouver, sweep San Jose, and then beating low seed Philly, which felt like an easy task. This year a lot of emotion was spent before making it to the Final. Mopping up the Wild, the epic series with the Red Wings, beating defending champion the Kings, then coming back on the "better team" with the "hot goalie". Also the two goals at the end of game 6 this were different than an overtime Cup winner from 2010.

This is what a great organ-I-zation looks like. Winning a second title. Having a championship be the standard. Like you said, winning the first was an outpouring of pent up pain and misguided hockey rage. The Cup being raised is Chicago is something not seen in our lifetime and only remembered by jimmypasta and Dr. Ken's butler. You ARE feeling it, it just feels different.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I was in LaGuardia Airport getting ready to get on a plane when they won, so I missed the chance to enjoy anything. I'm thinking about reading one of those Hockey for Dummies books so I can really get into it and know what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Basically, the NHL went down the shitter when they made everyone wear a helmet and let in all the funny sounding names from other countries. The NHL should be 82% Canadien,14% American,4% other countries. The league should also eliminate about 4 (American) Teams.

30 some years ago, Bobby Hull said of helmets: "It's going to destroy our individuality. Nobody will be able to tell us apart on the ice."

He was right.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:27 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Basically, the NHL went down the shitter when they made everyone wear a helmet and let in all the funny sounding names from other countries. The NHL should be 82% Canadien,14% American,4% other countries. The league should also eliminate about 4 (American) Teams.

30 some years ago, Bobby Hull said of helmets: "It's going to destroy our individuality. Nobody will be able to tell us apart on the ice."

He was right.

Maybe Bobby Hull should of gave his wife a helmet to wear before he beat the shit out of her.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:29 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

He was right.

Maybe Bobby Hull should of gave his wife a helmet to wear before he beat the shit out of her.

that's not supposed to be funny but it made me laugh. now I feel ashamed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
jimmypasta wrote:

He was right.

This is a bit, right?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
I actually enjoyed this run more than 2010. Even though the Hawks rolled the league this year I wasn't as confident they'd win the Cup as in 2010. These playoffs a lot more nerve racking and enjoyable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:04 pm 

No sadly that is just our Jimmy.

Spmack if you want hockey for dummies just PM scorehead. He can help you out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:05 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Thank you for sitting in judgment from your odd house in the deep woods of mizzou.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I enjoyed the everloving shit out of this season. I loved every minute of the postseason.
The last gaame was magnificient. Just awesome.
Still got the post championship glow.
Feels great.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:38 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Thank you for sitting in judgment from your odd house in the deep woods of mizzou.

How did I judge you?

In fact, I pretty much complimented you on just being you and the fact that you are part of what makes this a unique place to be.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RFDC wrote:

I'm pretty sure that you have me mixed up with the guy who thinks Q sucks & should be fired.

If you care to debate any of my Hockey posts, that's fine...lets go.

Do you even know how many innings a Hockey game is?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:58 am 

It's because it doesn't really matter if they ever win the cup again. I said similar things about the White Sox and the Bulls. I've seen them win it all and it doesn't really matter if I see it again because it would just be a repeat. Now, clearly I want them to win it all again because I'm a fan. I don't know for certain, but I imagine that type of feeling lasts 20 years at least. While I want the White Sox to win it all again, I think I'd actually enjoy it more if the Cubs won a title more. I'm not old enough to remember the Bears so that's clearly #1 on the list. Then, it's just a life spent waiting for my college team to finally win something knowing that it will never happen.

That's why that post that was made before as to why anyone would be a Mets/Jets/Nets/Islanders fan when you could be rooting for the Yankees/Giants/Knicks(well, not the Knicks)/Rangers was so dumb. I'd rather win one title rooting for a team that doesn't win many titles than jump on after the fact and win meaningless titles.

Blackhawks fans are rightfully spoiled now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:

I feel empty.

I don't understand why. At the end of the game 6 in 2010, I cried like a little girl. At the end of the game Monday, I did a fist pump and went to bed.

Was it because it happened in a lockout season, and it doesn't feel like a real championship?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

I feel empty.

so weird, I feel the same way. I think its because there was so much pressure to win for this team and anything less than a Cup would've been deemed a failure. I felt the pressure as a fan and felt relief when they won games, not joy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:08 am 

bigfan wrote:
This is when Mac determined he was clinically depressed, when everyone sees joy in something yet he didnt.

Very possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:10 am 

Douchebag wrote:

I feel empty.

Was it because it happened in a lockout season, and it doesn't feel like a real championship?

Oh God... :safe:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 am 

shakes wrote:

I feel empty.

so weird, I feel the same way. I think its because there was so much pressure to win for this team and anything less than a Cup would've been deemed a failure. I felt the pressure as a fan and felt relief when they won games, not joy.

Maybe that's it. It was also crazy how confident I felt that this team was going to win. Yet, I felt confident in the second Bulls championship and felt the emotional high after it. Was a kid back then, but still.