It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Opening night against the Washington Capitals...

Cheapest SRO ticket = $147.00
Cheapest 300 seats = $205.00
Cheapest 200 seats = $580.00
Want to sit on the glass? = $2000.00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'd be alarmed if it didn't cost a lot of money to watch our team raise a banner for their second championship in four years.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:34 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Opening night against the Washington Capitals...

Cheapest SRO ticket = $147.00
Cheapest 300 seats = $205.00
Cheapest 200 seats = $580.00
Want to sit on the glass? = $2000.00

These are prices on the secondary market, right?

Tickets just went on sale a couple days ago. Prices will fall-off.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 pm 

prices reflect market demand, just as buyers expect wolrd-class product. good for the blackhawks, they deserve the money.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 pm 

But I paid money to sit through the Jeff Hackett years! Now I can't afford to go to even one damned game. Funk dat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 am 

Dis Jon McPIMP guy just cares about da money! At leas wit Wirtz, ya knew dey were loyal to the season ticket holders!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:18 am 

I know I shouldn't look at it this way, but I invested as a college kid. Spent a lot of money to go to games, drink and watch the other team's backups kill the Hawks night in and night out. Seriously, Colorado doesn't need to play Roy. Just put in Aebischer and he will throw a shutout. I continued to spend a lot of money through 2009, which was the last time I went to a game. Couldn't afford to go to the cup games. Tried to see the cup three times in 2010, but each time there was a four hour wait of bandwagon fans. Its fucking depressing to look on your timeline and see people who don't give a flying fuck about hockey and couldn't name one damned player on the team standing there and touching it. Since 2009, the only game I saw was a game against Nashville... in Nashville. I'm not asking for a reach around or anything. I just want to touch the damned cup. Look at the names engraved. That's all. It would end all my frustration. Like the time I decided to spend the $125 for glass seats only to see Belfour let up 5 goals in the first period against Ottawa. I assume he was drunk. I want my $125 a ticket back. If I total it up, I've invested probably well over $10,000 in Blackhawk tickets. That should be enough to get five minutes to see the damned trophy, right?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 am 

But you didn't invest anything. You completed a transaction of money for entertainment, and you got what you paid for. Surviving the dark ages doesn't entitle us to anything but the bragging rights. It sucks that the supply/demand curves have shut people out, but I'd rather watch champions on TV than losers in person.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
But you didn't invest anything. You completed a transaction of money for entertainment, and you got what you paid for. Surviving the dark ages doesn't entitle us to anything but the bragging rights. It sucks that the supply/demand curves have shut people out, but I'd rather watch champions on TV than losers in person.

I'm emotionally invested! I am being entertained, but that said I don't think its worth the amount being charged now just because they won a few championships and marketed to big corporations to buy large chunks of tickets.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Curious Hair wrote:

I'm emotionally invested! I am being entertained, but that said I don't think its worth the amount being charged now just because they won a few championships and marketed to big corporations to buy large chunks of tickets.

Those BIG CORPORATIONS just may be ticket brokers. I played the damned ticket game in the Playoffs. Sold Game 5 of the Finals and went to Boston for Game 6. Every once in awhile you would see 8 seats in a row pop up for sale in both the U.C. and TD Garden on the ticket sites. Those are brokers who own the seats, not corporations. Corporations like suites.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Curious Hair wrote:

Look at the Division the Hawks are in. It is like the 1980s. Why spend a fortune on some circle jerk banner raising when you surely will be able to get weeknight tickets against Dallas and Minnesota for a decent price. Go see the Calgary Flameouts. The Stanley Cup Banner will be in the rafters and you missed 30 minutes of backslapping speeches.

WOO LIFE!!!!