It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well I am sorry not to have been able to share this triumph with you comrades. As it turned out I went to the Sox game to watch them get roundly crushed. Was a fun time. Sox and Hawks jerseys everywhere. Watched the first period and a half sort of with the Chicago guy in front of me on an Ipad.

Then mid second period off the to the awesome bar in PNC with a Hawks crowd to see Keith's magic. Chanting Conn Smythe with a bunch. In between second and third we exited the park and ran to a bar we like. Filled again with mostly red sweatered brethren to finish it off and watch the presentations etc.

Only question I had was is it common that they made a point that Keith was the unanimous choice.

Another fine summer of memories. Don't shit on it Bernsie (I know you will find a way).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Jimmy, is that Britney Spears on ice skates?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:56 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:
Don't shit on it Bernsie (I know you will find a way).

Señor wrote:
Everyone's talking about John McDonough turning the Blackhawks around. Why isn't anyone talking about Jerry Reinsdorf? If the Bulls don't win their championships, the United Center isn't there to generate the revenue they needed to sign Toews and Kane.

The Wizard of Ahhhhhhs wrote:
Hey Dan. Dan. Remember the girls who got raped and got pregnant two years ago, Dan? Maybe they'll get raped again, Dan. Then the kids won't know who their siblings are either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:57 am 

Chicago delivers record 41.0 HH rating and 57 share, best ever; Tampa posts 15.2, 2nd-best ever
Top 5 markets for last night's series-clinching SCF Game 6 on NBC: Chicago 41.0; Tampa 15.2; Buffalo 10.5; Milwaukee 7.9; Denver 7.6
Markets 6-10 for Stanley Cup Final Game 6 on NBC: Min/StP 7.5; Boston 6.7; Providence 5.8; St. Louis 5.8; Las Vegas 5.1

Milwaukee's time has come as an NHL town. Don't build the Walkerdome, let the Bucks move, and let the Bradley Center host NHL hockey like it was designed to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Curious Hair wrote:
Chicago delivers record 41.0 HH rating and 57 share, best ever; Tampa posts 15.2, 2nd-best ever
Top 5 markets for last night's series-clinching SCF Game 6 on NBC: Chicago 41.0; Tampa 15.2; Buffalo 10.5; Milwaukee 7.9; Denver 7.6
Markets 6-10 for Stanley Cup Final Game 6 on NBC: Min/StP 7.5; Boston 6.7; Providence 5.8; St. Louis 5.8; Las Vegas 5.1

Milwaukee's time has come as an NHL town. Don't build the Walkerdome, let the Bucks move, and let the Bradley Center host NHL hockey like it was designed to do.

What are your thoughts on the other city that is trying to get a proteam: Las Vegas?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:54 pm 

It's going to happen because Bettman wants it to. I don't think it will be very successful, but we'll just have to deal with it. That'll be easier if they announce Quebec City as an expansion counterpart, which will be great for the league.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Curious Hair wrote:
It's going to happen because Bettman wants it to. I don't think it will be very successful, but we'll just have to deal with it. That'll be easier if they announce Quebec City as an expansion counterpart, which will be great for the league.

A team in Las Vegas is a terrible idea.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
The Hawks are the favorites to win the 2016 stanley cup at 7-1 at Bovada.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Scorehead wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Vegas is only marginally better than the Atlanta disaster.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:24 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Vegas is only marginally better than the Atlanta disaster.

Atlanta probably would have been fine if they had built an arena in suburban hell where the Braves are going. (In fact, I think the ol' Barves are going to build an arena out there eventually, so maybe they get a third shot.) They were screwed in their status as an add-on to the AtlHawks, whose owners cared not for hockey and evicted their own property when the bean-counters realized they'd come out ahead with concerts on some of those dates and nothing at all on others.

Whereas Atlanta is a large, flourishing metropolitan area (albeit one with a lot of hockey-resistant brothers), Las Vegas feels very tenuous. That many people are not supposed to live there and it's finally starting to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Expansion of any kind will degrade the quality of play and will most certainly be a financial strain on the league. It's a bad idea in any city for a variety of reasons.

I know this doesn't matter and they'll go forward....it's just sad that the cities themselves aren't smart enough to protect themselves from the hit they will take....it's a no-win.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Relive the home-team clinch on NBC right now, and shed a tear for days we won’t see any time soon, if at all :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Mr. Reason wrote:
Hot damn. I watched it with my three kids. I told them we may not see another one of these. They're 12, 11 and 8. Christ, what a nice night this was. My son, the 11 yr old was the only one who really cared. These are the moments we all will remember for the rest of our lives. Hot damn...

Little did we know.

:cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43