It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:52 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
If you go back to like 1976 when there were about 32 teams between the NHL and WHA, no one gave much thought to physical fitness, and North America still wasn't totally open to Eastern Europeans and Russians without smuggling them in like Cubans, there must have been so many fat drunk Canadians, fatter and drunker than Seabrook, rounding out the rosters for woebegone teams like the Atlanta Flames, Oakland Seals, and Cincinnati Stingers. And these were the glory days.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Curious Hair wrote:
If you go back to like 1976 when there were about 32 teams between the NHL and WHA, no one gave much thought to physical fitness, and North America still wasn't totally open to Eastern Europeans and Russians without smuggling them in like Cubans, there must have been so many fat drunk Canadians, fatter and drunker than Seabrook, rounding out the rosters for woebegone teams like the Atlanta Flames, Oakland Seals, and Cincinnati Stingers. And these were the glory days.

Doesn't really work now though. I'm always floored by the no helmet pictures.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 am 

I know we've gone round and round here about yesterday's athletes against today's, but there was a lot of crap in the old NHL that would never hack it today. Guys really are so much better. They don't smoke on the bench anymore!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:06 am 

I wanted to add Kane is a lot of things I don't like but I don't think he is a rapist. I hate when people call him that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:29 am 

I hope we find out Tim Baffoe has been DMing Robyn Flynn starting with "nice tweets today, really calling people out" and escalating to "god I just wanna tickle you until you pee."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:33 am 

That's an odd thing to say. It will be Bernstein he is DMing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
All these woke sports dudes who make a big show of how much they appreciate women always turn out to be asking for nudes. Remember this guy?

http://deadspin.com/hockey-blogger-fire ... 1665117935

OH SHIT THE ONE HE WAS CREEPING ON IS THE ONE IN YOUR POST

and then there was Harrison Mooney,

An "ally" is just some dude who isn't honest enough to try to get in your pants the old-fashioned way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:59 am 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Doesn't really work now though. I'm always floored by the no helmet pictures.

:lol: My wife only had a vague knowledge of sports before she met me. One day there was a hockey promo with some old footage of a goalie without a mask on- maybe Bernie Parent or Terry Sawchuk- and she just couldn't believe that guys actually stopped pucks with their bare faces.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
ZoeClaire is a special kind of virulent stupidity .

Is Zoe supposed to appear more intelligent or authoritative by using the diaeresis?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:32 am 

that or the horn rimmed glasses.

my rule of thumb: the closer you are to resembling s.e. cupp, the further away from subjective and reasonable you will be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:41 am 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:

my rule of thumb: the closer you are to resembling s.e. cupp, the further away from subjective and reasonable you will be.

I'd totally do S.E. Cupp, not Essie Kup* though.

* That one-Hanley joke was for jimmypasta and Regular Reader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z wrote:

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset

Yes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:19 pm 

Man oh man, we were talking about all this hockey ally shit last night while unbeknownst to me IT HAPPENED AGAIN

This guy just got fired from Hockey Night In Canada for trying to hit up a girl for pics but tweeting it instead of DMing it. It NEVER ENDS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:35 pm 

Quote:
And of the 112 players who did not receive a qualifying offer yesterday, seven of which were at one time Hawks prospects, now scattered throughout the league. This list is comprised of Jeremy Morin, Ryan Stanton, Dylan Olsen, Adam Clendening, Brandon Pirri, Michael Paliotta, and Klas Dahlbeck– Rockford legends one and all. So what can be learned from seeing such a skewed number of Hawks farm hands get dumped by seven different teams?

There’s an argument to be made that it’s reflective of the fact that Stan Bowman has trouble drafting, particularly defensemen, as 5 of the 7 on the above list are blue liners, and 4 of them are picks by Bowman, with Olsen being a Tallon holdover.

Pretty sure the Committed Indian loved Morin and Pirri when they were here. It can't be a strike against Stan to have given up on them and another strike against him for other GMs to have given up on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Yuck, S.E. cup is nasty, I bet her pussy reeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:46 pm 

She leveraged corrective eyewear into a sustained career.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
CI would go after anyone to give the impression they have any type of clout.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:23 am 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Yuck, S.E. cup is nasty, I bet her pussy reeks.

Dude, just because you don't like a person's politics doesn't mean she has a stanky pussy. I'd go down on Juliet Huddy in a minute.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dude, just because you don't like a person's politics doesn't mean she has a stanky pussy. I'd go down on Juliet Huddy in a minute.

IkeSouth vibe

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:36 pm 

When you try to impress Dan Bernstein and you were hitting all your marks that I helpfully boldfaced but then you fall flat on your face right at the end:

Quote:
The NFL is stupid and a bloodbath, so maybe, but who gives a shit? It’s a sport that does not allow for incremental growth, so there are no years to build on as we’ve seen the likes of the Cubs and Hawks go through. Every year is a crapshoot because players limbs fall off literally ever 10 seconds. Plus, it’s far more amusing when the Bears are bad. This entire city is completely emasculated when they lose, and it’s hilarious. The average football fan is even stupider than the average hockey fan, and the arms race that is the marketing of the sport has now turned everything into a life or death reflection of self worth, and this city takes that to the extreme with its ill-conceived notions of what football is supposed to be about. Just look at the last week with how weepy and maudlin even the most critical Bears observers got with the release of Robbie Gould, an overpaid and bad kicker and locker room lawyer. But because he’s white and nice to the media and keeps perpetuating the Bearsiest of Bears ideals, there are still garments being rendered a week later.

"The rendering of garments," what are you, a fucking Daley?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
When you try to impress Dan Bernstein and you were hitting all your marks that I helpfully boldfaced but then you fall flat on your face right at the end:

Quote:
The NFL is stupid and a bloodbath, so maybe, but who gives a shit? It’s a sport that does not allow for incremental growth, so there are no years to build on as we’ve seen the likes of the Cubs and Hawks go through. Every year is a crapshoot because players limbs fall off literally ever 10 seconds. Plus, it’s far more amusing when the Bears are bad. This entire city is completely emasculated when they lose, and it’s hilarious. The average football fan is even stupider than the average hockey fan, and the arms race that is the marketing of the sport has now turned everything into a life or death reflection of self worth, and this city takes that to the extreme with its ill-conceived notions of what football is supposed to be about. Just look at the last week with how weepy and maudlin even the most critical Bears observers got with the release of Robbie Gould, an overpaid and bad kicker and locker room lawyer. But because he’s white and nice to the media and keeps perpetuating the Bearsiest of Bears ideals, there are still garments being rendered a week later.

:lol: Who wrote that and where'd he do his university?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:29 pm 

I think he went to Bradley.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:31 pm 

All these guys, no matter how hard they try to be the opposite, just end up being Mike North.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I'm honestly curious how Sam Fels makes a living. Does he just cash checks from his parents as there is no way his piece of shit rag can support a grown man.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:43 am 

McClure is still playing the douchebag?

Color me shocked...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:56 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I think he went to Bradley.

correct.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Quote:

:lol: Who wrote that and where'd he do his university?

One of the mot awfully-written and incoherent paragraphs I have read in at least a week. Sounds like a 15-year-old HS honors student after half a bottle of Boone's Farm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:06 am 

I think that they did a round table discussion and that is the transcript.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:12 am 

If I could frame a mental picture of a malapropism and sell it in a gallery, it would be McClure at a shiva trying to boil a shirt into gelatin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next