It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I still do not get the strategy of insulting the vast majority of Hawks fans to get at the tiny "show your ass" faction.

He's a hockey hipster. He loved when they sucked because no one else cared. Now he's just a miserable fuck that wants them to be terrible again so he can go back to thinking he is the only one watching.

Well good luck. No money from me and I will not even click a link to them. I only see their crap when pasted here. I even punch the button when I hear that little cocksucker young Sam's voice on the radio.

Yeah, as soon as the whole Kane thing started and they went all SJW, I stopped reading, and unfollowed on FB.

Their insight was questionable at best, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:30 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
A Hawks newsletter brought to you by people who hate the Hawks. Is there really a market for that?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:32 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
A Hawks newsletter brought to you by people who hate the Hawks. Is there really a market for that?
Want to start a Cubs newsletter?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:41 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Want to start a Cubs newsletter?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:44 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
He loved when they sucked because no one else cared.

No, he quit on them to be an Avs fan.

The Hawks fanbase is pretty crappy in the ways that attend a successful big-city team. The Winnipeg Jets probably have the smartest and most engaged fans in the league, but that's because they don't have thousands of dopes dragging down the average like we do and there's shit else in Winnipeg.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
One of reasons these dopes have the traction they have been getting is the Score. They use them as experts for free as they have no investment in hiring reporters. You get what you pay for which is stupidity in this case. These idiots get free pub.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Holmes cant get enough Committed Indian and Ol' Fels. There were nights when it was Fels, Zawaski and Jen LC. A head on collision at 80 mph never seemed so appealing as it did those nights.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Wow.
Was he this much of an asshole here on the board or what happened to him? Did Brian Campbell fuck his wife or something?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I don't think so. I thought he was kinda funny. I don't know what happened.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Darkside wrote:
Wow.
Was he this much of an asshole here on the board or what happened to him? Did Brian Campbell fuck his wife or something?

Despite being a founding member of the B&B ALS here, he seemed to be an okay dude. Unfortunately, it appears, he's 'evolved'.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:42 pm 

Can't comment on the blog, of course, so I have to do it here:

Quote:
The “Fuck Boston” aspect of this series really isn’t getting enough play. While most are quick to rightfully piss all over Steve Simmons and his vendetta against Phil “Nice Guy, Tries Hard” Kessel, the fact that this is even a storyline along with Joe Thornton is because of the Bruins’ utter ineptitude in the front office. The entire organization perpetuates the city’s self-inflated image of being blue collar white guys getting by on minimal skill. It’s why Joe Haggerty has a dog named Looch and still has a priapism as a result of Shawn Thortnon’s leadership.

The first round picks this team has traded away is almost as staggering as the horseshit return they’ve received for them. Joe Thornton for Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau. Kessel for picks. Blake Wheeler for Boris Valabik and Rich Peverley (sky point). Tyler Seguin (who was a pick in the Kessel trade) for a useful-but-who-gives-a-shit Loui Eriksson, and Dougie Hamilton (also a pick from the Kessel deal) for basically nothing. The pedigree they have shipped elsewhere because of some mythical and elusive notion of grit and leadership is truly amazing, added to the retrograde thinking at the highest levels of the team that have spearheaded three work stoppages. That they won a Cup in this era with this unbelievably bad asset management will go down as just as big of a “what the fuck?” cup winner as the Hurricanes once history gives proper perspective.

While the Bruins' track record of trading away elite talent for crap (or, at best, other elite talent which is in turn traded for crap) is indeed astounding, to write off Boston's championship as some sort of accident is to worship at the altar of "asset management" like so many Perds fans do and miss the forest for the trees.

Let's go three years forward and back from the Bruins' championship season:

2008: finished eighth in the East but took the first-place Habs to seven
2009: finished first in the East, swept the Habs, lost in seven to a Cinderella Canes team
2010: beat the Sabres, went up 3-0 on the Flyers before losing four straight when to be fair they were missing David Krejci and Tim Thomas
2011: Image
2012: bounced in the first to the Caps when Dale Hunter had them in trap mode
2013: beat the Maple Leafs, swept the Crosby+Iginla Penguins, lost a hard-fought Final to the best team of the salary cap era
2014: won the division, fell to the Habs in seven while Carey Price was rolling

That's not the trajectory of a team that fell ass-backwards into a Stanley Cup through blue-collar bullshit. For all the stupid trades the Bruins have made over the years, they've been strong in drafting/development, depth trades, and of course free agency, where they got Zdeno Chara. Granted, the Bruins were able to cover their multitude of sins with the late bloom to end all late blooms from Tim Thomas, who gave way to Tuukka Rask playing at a similarly high level himself. Yes, the Bruins, via Cam Neely and whatever's left of Harry Sinden, fetishize gritty plugs as the keys to victory, but let's be real, that's mostly rhetoric. In the real world, Boston's success comes from a surefire Hall of Fame defenseman in Chara, a possible Hall of Fame two-way center in Bergeron, and high-talent contributions from Krejci, Marchand, Thomas/Rask, and even Lucic, among others. (By the way, I suspect we'll be adding Reilly Smith to the list of great players the B's sent away). I trust they know what they have.

I guess what's galling to me is the comparison to the 2006 Hurricanes, not only one of the great what-the-fucks of the NHL but of all team sports. That year's Hurricanes squad did nothing so much as have a crackerjack power play in the wildly uncalibrated season where power plays were seemingly all that mattered. They exploited a loophole of circumstance by accident. They missed the playoffs before the lockout, missed them afterward, and after a surprising run in 2009 ending in a sweep to Pittsburgh, haven't sniffed the postseason since. That was an aberration. The Bruins were the second-best team in the East after the lockout. Big, big difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
His cap hit came to help them throughout their run but Marc Savard was a helluva free agent signing as well. He was over a point per game player until Matt Cooke ruined his career.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:09 pm 

Man, I forgot all about Marc Savard. Did you know he's technically on the Florida Panthers now? Oh, NHL. And fuck Matt Cooke.

But yeah, I don't think anyone's going to look back on the 2011 Bruins and say "how did THAT happen?" They'll probably say "yeah, the Bruins were pretty good when they had Chara, Krejci, and Bergeron." I mean, not that it's in the same universe, coming from a place of need rather than want, but look how many dipshit trades the Hawks had to make from unloading cap casualties. We traded two-time champion Andrew Ladd for a draft pick and a Russian who went back home, Brandon Saad for a center who couldn't win a faceoff against a ghost, and enough has been said about the Sharp deal.

EDIT: before anyone jumps down my throat, if we're counting Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton against Boston's braintrust as an unconscionable trade, then we have to count Saad for Anisimov and parts; it's only fair.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:44 pm 

Quote:
This is yet another misstep from McDonough and Blunk from a situation they have been absolutely screwing up for going on an entire year now. First of all, this horrendous fanbase has shown that it truly does not give a shit how bad a person is even into the realm of criminality so long as they still get to see SHOWTIME and hum “Chelsea Dagger” like lobotomized automatons once the red light goes on.

I was going to go into something about the finality of denouncing someone as a "bad person" but then I realized robots don't have frontal lobes, you fat-faced fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
This is yet another misstep from McDonough and Blunk from a situation they have been absolutely screwing up for going on an entire year now. First of all, this horrendous fanbase has shown that it truly does not give a shit how bad a person is even into the realm of criminality so long as they still get to see SHOWTIME and hum “Chelsea Dagger” like lobotomized automatons once the red light goes on.

I was going to go into something about the finality of denouncing someone as a "bad person" but then I realized robots don't have frontal lobes, you fat-faced fuck.

Is this recent? I thought how long are they going to keep this up? Then I heard all the score updaters today remind me Kane is up for the Hart and also had sexual crime accusations last year. No mention of being cleared.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

Is this recent? I thought how long are they going to keep this up? Then I heard all the score updaters today remind me Kane is up for the Hart and also had sexual crime accusations last year. No mention of being cleared.

NOT CHARGED DOESNT MEAN HE'S INNOCENT

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

I'm sure Lawrence is...struggling with this and will later read something veary, veary important.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 pm 

Yep these are the kind of people that Julie, Baffoe, McClure, etc want to align themselves with. One of Twitters finest accusation = guilt SJW lesbians, please welcome Toni McIntyre!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
badrogue17 wrote:
Yep these are the kind of people that Julie, Baffoe, McClure, etc want to align themselves with. One of Twitters finest accusation = guilt SJW lesbians, please welcome Toni McIntyre!!

I suppose it would only be libel if Kane is damaged by this person's rant...

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:53 pm 

Kane would have to spend the next 10 years in court suing all the people that called him a rapist tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:00 pm 

All these woke sports dudes who make a big show of how much they appreciate women always turn out to be asking for nudes. Remember this guy?

http://deadspin.com/hockey-blogger-fire ... 1665117935

OH SHIT THE ONE HE WAS CREEPING ON IS THE ONE IN YOUR POST

and then there was Harrison Mooney,

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:01 pm 

Odds are 1:1 McClure has asked fuckin' Stace of Base or Jen Neale or who-gives-a-shit to help him fight the patriarchy by sending a photo of her feet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:02 pm 

ZoeClaire is a special kind of virulent stupidity .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:02 pm 

ZoeClaire is a special kind of virulent stupidity .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:06 pm 

Oh shit, I forgot Donuts won the Norris. I can't tell whether she's mad that a dope like Travis Hughes thought he was being brave in voting for Kane or just mad that Kane exists at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:13 pm 

My goodness these bleeding CI va jay jays can't stop :lol:

For what?! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:18 pm 

Quote:
Bringing this up now carries the stench of desperation, showing that the Hawks brass still do not trust this little bastard as far as they can throw Brent Seabrook.

I really want to understand their obsessive hatred for Seabrook.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Kirkwood wrote:
Quote:
Bringing this up now carries the stench of desperation, showing that the Hawks brass still do not trust this little bastard as far as they can throw Brent Seabrook.

I really want to understand their obsessive hatred for Seabrook.

I do think Seabook occasionally plays drunk. He usually shows up in the playoffs, so I don't care much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:37 pm 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I do think Seabook occasionally plays drunk.

old-time hockey!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Curious Hair wrote:
All these woke sports dudes who make a big show of how much they appreciate women always turn out to be asking for nudes. Remember this guy?

http://deadspin.com/hockey-blogger-fire ... 1665117935

OH SHIT THE ONE HE WAS CREEPING ON IS THE ONE IN YOUR POST

and then there was Harrison Mooney,

That Mcintyre person contributed to his creepiness. Just tell him no, I don't do pictures.

Curious Hair wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
I do think Seabook occasionally plays drunk.

old-time hockey!

:lol: This was the first year I was disappointed in him. He was too chubby.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next