It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:39 am 

to anyone who saw this treachery...

Matt McClure
8 hrs ·
Putting Patrick Kane and his mother (upper right) in this photo acknowledging International Women's Day would be hilarious self satire if it weren't so disgusting.
It is an insult to the many brave, intelligent, and wonderful women that are in everyone's lives and deserve more than just a day of official recognition, and to them I would like to publicly apologize that my fandom and writing surrounding this franchise has emboldened them to this point. Everyone deserves better than this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:42 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Does he not know that Kane was wrongfully accused and that the Buffalo PA came close to bringing charges against the accuser?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Does he not know that Kane was wrongfully accused and that the Buffalo PA came close to bringing charges against the accuser?

I havent followed his take on this story but it appears not.

Not sure what his theory is

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:04 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

sure, but maybe Kane's mom is a real Caller Bob.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Reared on the Score wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

sure, but maybe Kane's mom is a real Caller Bob.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

JORR, stop trying to derail the narrative.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
What a genuine asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:10 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Wouldn't it be worse to exclude him? "Here are Blackhawks who respect women and love their moms, with the notable exception of Patrick Kane, who doesn't."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:31 am 

What is a Matt McClure?

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:35 am 

SteveSarley wrote:
What is a Matt McClure?

He's a local celebrity like you.

My boss just brought up Chauncey btw. We were discussing Chance the Rapper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
McClure and Sam Fels are just a pair of fucking twats. If the Blackhawks had any balls they wouldn't allow him to sell that rag outside of the UC.

Last edited by WeeKnee on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
What an insufferable D-Bag.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:11 am 

they made sure to use a far-away shot for Kane and his mom.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:11 am 

How textbook a third-waver do you guys think McClure's fiancee is? Please phrase your response in the form of a Broad City gif.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:14 am 
Site Admin

WeeKnee wrote:
McClure and Sam Fels are just a pair of fucking twats. If the Blackhawks had any balls they wouldn't allow him to sell that rag outside of the UC.

I think that's already been tried and it didn't stand up to legal challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:15 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
WeeKnee wrote:

Given that the UC is owned by Wirtz/Reinsdorf, I think they can since unlike a place like USCF or Soldier Field (owned by the state or city) it is private property.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 am 

I have to think that TCI's already tiny readership took a big hit this year. They can't even open their comment threads for 5 minutes without a storm.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 am 

WeeKnee wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
WeeKnee wrote:

Given that the UC is owned by Wirtz/Reinsdorf, I think they can since unlike a place like USCF or Soldier Field (owned by the state or city) it is private property.
They don't own the sidewalks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
How textbook a third-waver do you guys think McClure's fiancee is? Please phrase your response in the form of a Broad City gif.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:24 am 

I think we're near the end of the line for them. Their need to position themselves in opposition to the team has led to them all but saying that Stan is a dumb-dumb heads who just inherited what Dale Tallon built, which puts them on common ground with the mouth-breathers who hate John McDonough for not being able to ice skate. For being an analytics-friendly blog, they don't seem to bring much of that anymore other than dropping in "he's .924 at evens," always "evens," never even-strength, always "evens," in the middle of a rant about what a rapist Patrick Kane is. Kinda sucks, but whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:38 am 

Quote:
Happy International Women's Day to all the incredible women out there making themselves despite how mercilessly hard it is to be a woman. That we even need this day says everything about the legitimacy of the struggle. Keep being and becoming.

I have my doubts this trixie's life was ever mercilessly hard. International Women's Day was meant for laborers, not private-school English majors.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Happy International Women's Day to all the incredible women out there making themselves despite how mercilessly hard it is to be a woman. That we even need this day says everything about the legitimacy of the struggle. Keep being and becoming.

I have my doubts this trixie's life was ever mercilessly hard. International Women's Day was meant for laborers, not private-school English majors.

People like to imagine they have overcome all types of struggles. They revel in their own imagined nobility. What exactly is so hard about being a woman?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Curious Hair wrote:
I think we're near the end of the line for them. Their need to position themselves in opposition to the team has led to them all but saying that Stan is a dumb-dumb heads who just inherited what Dale Tallon built, which puts them on common ground with the mouth-breathers who hate John McDonough for not being able to ice skate. For being an analytics-friendly blog, they don't seem to bring much of that anymore other than dropping in "he's .924 at evens," always "evens," never even-strength, always "evens," in the middle of a rant about what a rapist Garbage Dick is. Kinda sucks, but whatever.

FTFY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:47 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

People like to imagine they have overcome all types of struggles. They revel in their own imagined nobility. What exactly is so hard about being a woman?

About an hour ago a guy I work with said "I wish I could be part of a victim class. As a white middle aged man no one cares about me"

I pointed out that as a bald man, he is part of that community.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

Well, lots of things, really, but if you're an upper-middle-class white girl, the world pretty much unfolds at your whims, and those are the ones I tend to know best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:

What the blue hell does that mean? Sounds like someone listening to the Pet Shop Boys on acid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:53 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

Well, lots of things, really, but if you're an upper-middle-class white girl, the world pretty much unfolds at your whims, and those are the ones I tend to know best.

Let me rephrase- what exactly is so hard about being an American woman in 2016?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:56 am 

Well, if you spend time around shitheads and drink till you pass out like a fucking bum beneath a viaduct, someone will probably try to rape you. There is that. If you can steer around that rock, there are a lot of things worse than "bourgeois white American woman in 2016," yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
WeeKnee wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
WeeKnee wrote:

They can't prevent them from selling on the sidewalk. The old Blue Line program fought it and won a long time ago...and they were way harsher on ownership. The current mag doesn't delve into the bullshit that Stink posts on the Web.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Just when you think someone couldn't get more douchey...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next