Northwestern 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Ohio State 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Penn State 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Purdue 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Wisconsin 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 14
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:25 pm 

We looking at Pregame ( tailgating, bars etc.),
Stadium, fandom, spirit that you have actually experienced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:29 pm 

I can only comment about Ole Miss and the University of Arkansas so I'm out.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:37 pm 

I've only been to IU, Purdue, and Illinois. Next year I will probably hit up Northwestern and Iowa.

Out of the three I have been to, my biased choice is Purdue. I am sure that Penn State, Ohio State, and other places are very nice.

I bet Illinois is better now. They were pretty down on the team last year.
Indiana is pretty pathetic even though the tailgating is somewhat big. Many of them just don't go to the game.

With all apologies to Badger Vince, the Wisconsin fans were by far the worst fans that I have ever seen visit Ross-Ade stadium. This includes a few times that OSU has come calling.

I would never go to a game at Wisconsin based off how much it sucked dealing with those people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:42 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've been to Wisconsin, Indy, Illinois, and Northwestern. I'd say consistently Wisconsin is probably the best of those four (although ND was pretty cool but not Big Ten, yet). However, Illinois' was very good for a time when the team was in the hunt for conference titles when I was there. Not so much when the team sucks.

So, to be honest, in my limited experience, I'd go with Wisky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:30 pm 

Iowa is the only place in the Big Ten that opposing fans can go and have a good time. So says fans from MSU, Illinois, Minnesota, OSU....I will say that the tailgating is good, the fans are loyal and respectful of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:32 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Iowa is the only place in the Big Ten that opposing fans can go and have a good time. So says fans from MSU, Illinois, Minnesota, OSU....I will say that the tailgating is good, the fans are loyal and respectful of others.

Not speaking from personal experience, but similar things are said about Penn State(unless you are an OSU fan). I am looking forward to a possible drive to Iowa next year to check it out. Looks good on tv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:35 pm 

Is that an invitation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Not speaking from personal experience, but similar things are said about Penn State(unless you are an OSU fan). I am looking forward to a possible drive to Iowa next year to check it out. Looks good on tv.

Very true about Penn State, but it's not nearly as fun or crazy of an atmosphere as Iowa. I went to the Penn State game last week to visit my brother and they were the friendliest people I've ever met. Iowa on the other hand has the hottest women in the Big 10 with the possibility of competition from Wisconsin. Bars are great, tailgating is intense, and there's food all over on the street like Taste of Chicago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

I have a nice tailgate spot about 4 blocks west of Kinnick - assuming bigfan keeps the board running, I'm more than happy to have folks stop by and drink a beer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:12 pm 

Badger Vince wrote:
Is that an invitation?
Just so you change your name to Victor or something - I dont want to get confused when I am drinking :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:20 am 

I have only been to NU, Illinois and Michigan. The answer would seem to be obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Mine was a close tie between Wisconsin and Iowa. I leaned toward Wisconsin because I hooked up with a girl there... I didn't go to Iowa until I was married :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 am 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
Mine was a close tie between Wisconsin and Iowa. I leaned toward Wisconsin because I hooked up with a girl there... I didn't go to Iowa until I was married :cry:

I always knew those Wisconsin girls were easy....;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:40 am 

As we say, On,Wisconsin!