It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:28 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
They lost to Bradley. I have no idea how.

starting point guard and best player was out for the conference road game in a fairly unfriendly arena

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:30 pm 

A shame after such a great season they wont make the big dance

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:30 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Still sounds as if they do not get in unless they win their conference tourney.

Probably because of big conference bias. They are in the upper 40s in RPI and mid 50s in the other ranking so they should be pretty close to in on the top 68

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Damn shame what happened to Hank

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
They lost to Bradley. I have no idea how.

starting point guard and best player was out for the conference road game in a fairly unfriendly arena

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:30 pm 

Love that he had the championship shirt on the whole game. That is the smile of a man who finally be able to leave Loyola for greener pastures next month.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am 

Missouri Valley Conference Champions!

That is pretty good that they stepped up in the quality of conference, competed pretty quickly and then won it within five years. It is a little less impressive that they won it when Wichita State left.

24-5 with an RPI of 41.

Home game against third place Illinois State to close out the regular season. Hopefully it is not a let down game sandwiched between winning the conference and the start of the conference tournament.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 am 

on the UIC front, they sit in third place but one game out of first. They place the two teams in front of them to close out the regular season so a conference championship is still a possibility. This is a nice rebound year for the Flames. Either way they will be a darkhorse for the conference tournament. It would be cool to get two Chicago teams in the NCAAs, even if they are not the big boys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:52 am 

good dolphin wrote:

That is pretty good that they stepped up in the quality of conference, competed pretty quickly and then won it within five years. It is a little less impressive that they won it when Wichita State left.

24-5 with an RPI of 41.

Home game against third place Illinois State to close out the regular season. Hopefully it is not a let down game sandwiched between winning the conference and the start of the conference tournament.

Missouri Valley is similar to the Horizon league at this point.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 am 

conns7901 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

24-5 with an RPI of 41.

Missouri Valley is similar to the Horizon league at this point.

Missouri Valley #10 based on BPI. Horizon #22. That is out of 32 conferences and as of January 18. Obviously the MVC is a true mid major in the top third of all conferences, including just a few ticks below the big, bad Pac 12 who is #7. Horizon is in the bottom third below conferences like the Ivy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 am 

closed out the regular season by beating the #2 and 3 teams in the conference.

25-5 with an RPI of 32. That really should be enough to be a lock for the tourney. I don't think they are.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:20 am 

MVC MVP, Freshman of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year

Two of those three are back next year. They have an excellent freshman class that will mature into sophmores including, for RR's enjoyment, a player from Morgan Park. I read somewhere that they have some 3.5 star, 6'9" recruit from Florida coming in next year as well. They are well poised for another run next year and should have the benefit of the doubt they haven't been getting in rankings this year. I look for them to open with top 25 votes.

I expect Moser to parlay this season into a better gig but I think this job would now be an attractive first job for a top assistant in a nation wide search.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Very, very good book:

Ramblers: Loyola Chicago 1963 — The Team that Changed the Color of College Basketball

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 pm 

I just want to know if our Dolphin is going to be making a game appearance for their opening round weekend?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Two of those three are back next year. They have an excellent freshman class that will mature into sophmores including, for RR's enjoyment, a player from Morgan Park. I read somewhere that they have some 3.5 star, 6'9" recruit from Florida coming in next year as well. They are well poised for another run next year and should have the benefit of the doubt they haven't been getting in rankings this year. I look for them to open with top 25 votes.

I expect Moser to parlay this season into a better gig but I think this job would now be an attractive first job for a top assistant in a nation wide search.

You also have to worry about power 5 teams coming in and convincing kids to transfer up.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:48 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You also have to worry about power 5 teams coming in and convincing kids to transfer up.

They aren't THAT good of players. The MVP will be a senior next year. No way he transfers. In fact, he talked one of his friends to transfer in to LU. The freshman is one of those big, burly guys who wouldn't impress with athleticism. The other rising sophomores had minimal roles that wouldn't stand out but should be pushing for playing time. They wouldn't sniff the court until senior year in big time programs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:29 am 

Moser runs a good system that doesn't rely on a single great scorer - as long as he continues to stick to those principles, he will be successful there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:09 pm 

Ramblers escape in a close one. On to round 2 against Bradley or Drake. I expect them to have gotten rid of their anxiety and roll in round 2.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:14 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Ramblers escape in a close one. On to round 2 against Bradley or Drake. I expect them to have gotten rid of their anxiety and roll in round 2.

So are you going full meatball and making plans for the Big Dance? Inquiring minds want to know

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:32 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

So are you going full meatball and making plans for the Big Dance? Inquiring minds want to know

No. I have professional things to do during round 1. Then I have to coach on the weekend. The title defense begins in one month.

I would bet university will have a watching party somewhere. I might go to that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:41 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No. I have professional things to do during round 1. Then I have to coach on the weekend. The title defense begins in one month.

I would bet university will have a watching party somewhere. I might go to that.

Hopefully not an NIT watch party. Everything I see online says they have no real shot at an at large despite the RPI. Low SOS and a couple of bad losses and only one real win.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:44 pm 

Semi final game this afternoon - Loyola vs Bradley; Loyola RPI now at 31; still think a win today and a close loss in the championship game gets the Ramblers an at large bid ( probably one of those play in games, but better than nothing)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:38 pm 

How Loyola-Chicago built a March Madness dark horse out of thin air

At least the state of Illinois will produce one team for sure....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn...Frozen!
Looks like they are going to be in the big dance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Polecat666 wrote:

I watched that MVC championship game and they are pretty impressive on D and transition pretty well too -- I wouldn't want to face them in the first round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Polecat666 wrote:

Yep; put the hurt on ISU.

First invite in 33 years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:27 pm 

Polecat666 wrote:

I really hope they make the round of 16. I grew up loving DePaul, but oddly I really liked Loyola almost as much. Especially with teams loaded with Chicago kids.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Regular Reader wrote:
Polecat666 wrote:

I really hope they make the round of 16. I grew up loving DePaul, but oddly I really liked Loyola almost as much. Especially with teams loaded with Chicago kids.

It is nice to see 2 local programs (Northwestern and Loyola) make a rare tourney appearance the last 2 years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:13 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Polecat666 wrote:

The Demons were all this city had for a while

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Polecat666 wrote:

The Demons were all this city had for a while

Yep remember watching them on WGN on the weekends

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next