It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2017 IHSA Football
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:20 pm 

Practice officially starts tomorrow. Prairie Ridge is going to be the top ranked team in the area. Mt. Carmel has lost two kids to Phillips a couple more to IMG and looks like there is a good chance Thomas will be playing baseball for team USA and miss the first couple of games.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: 2017 IHSA Football
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
conns7901 wrote:
Practice officially starts tomorrow. Prairie Ridge is going to be the top ranked team in the area. Mt. Carmel has lost two kids to Phillips a couple more to IMG and looks like there is a good chance Thomas will be playing baseball for team USA and miss the first couple of games.

Go MC!

Pulling for Kenwood, too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am 

formerlyknownas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Go MC!.

My nephew is a junior who may be starting for them. I'll get out to at least one game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Pre-season No. 2 Maine South visits No. 1 Glenbard West this weekend. How's about that for a non-conference game.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/c ... story.html

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 am 

DannyB wrote:
Pre-season No. 2 Maine South visits No. 1 Glenbard West this weekend. How's about that for a non-conference game.

Phillips vs Loyola should be good Sat night at Gately.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm 

AP Polls

Class 8A

Others receiving votes: Huntley 17, Brother Rice 13, Hinsdale Central 10, St. Charles East 10, New Trier 9, Oswego 6, Naperville North 2, Barrington 2, Aurora West 1, Naperville Neuqua Valley 1.

Class 7A

Others receiving votes: Bradley-Bourbonnais 16, Plainfield North 13, Batavia 12, Simeon 11, Rolling Meadows 10, St. Charles North 6, Pekin 5, Rockford Auburn 5, Libertyville 4, Glenbrook North 3, Hoffman Estates 3, Wheaton Warrenville South 3, Belleville West 1, Geneva 1, Prospect 1.

Class 6A

Others receiving votes: Providence 13, Lake Forest 12, St. Laurence 11, Crete-Monee 10, Normal West 7, Rockford Boylan 7, Oak Lawn Richards 6, Grayslake North 5, Vernon Hills 5, Crystal Lake South 1, Riverside-Brookfield 1.

Class 5A

Others receiving votes: Mahomet-Seymour 19, Peoria Notre Dame 15, Antioch 14, Joliet Catholic 8, Chicago (Solorio Academy) 8, Marion 5, Rich Central 3, Normal University 2, Hillcrest 2, Cahokia 2, Woodstock North 2, Glenbard South 1, Decatur MacArthur 1.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 am 

conns7901 wrote:

Thomas made the team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:14 pm 

DannyB wrote:

Maine South up 42-22... at the half. Very well-prepared, 2TDs off of turnovers. So much for the classic confrontation. We;ll see if GW can adjust.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Washington at #2 in 5A. Go Panthers !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:10 pm 

Blow out win for my son's team (Kenwood), the kid stuffed their rb for a loss on the first play of the game. 3rd play made a 2nd tfl and wound up with a hairline fracture of his thumb.

Relieved it wasn't a long term problem. Kid's already looking for a JPP club to play two ways in two weeks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The knights beat the piss out of
Brooks....finally after struggling to win the last few years.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:23 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Thomas made the team.

And TCU is happy and nervous at the same time

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:36 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Thomas made the team.

And TCU is happy and nervous at the same time

They should put those thoughts out of their minds. Kid's had a hell of a summer showcase season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Regular Reader wrote:
Blow out win for my son's team (Kenwood), the kid stuffed their rb for a loss on the first play of the game. 3rd play made a 2nd tfl and wound up with a hairline fracture of his thumb.

Relieved it wasn't a long term problem. Kid's already looking for a JPP club to play two ways in two weeks

"JPP club"...took me a minute to catch on. Best of luck with that. Injuries right off the bat suck. We had a freak accident one year where he busted his toe walking up stairs the day before the season started. At least you got a few plays in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:03 am 

denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

"JPP club"...took me a minute to catch on. Best of luck with that. Injuries right off the bat suck. We had a freak accident one year where he busted his toe walking up stairs the day before the season started. At least you got a few plays in.

Damn that blows.

I had no idea those "clubs" where legal. Now I just have to fight with the wife & youngest about when he can play again. He thinks when they take the cast off next week, I'm sure she is thinking mid October

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I think the club's only purpose is to provide no less than 2 inches of padding between the splint and contact. As long as your school has an athletic trainer on staff they should be able to hook it up no problem. I think its just a bunch of foam and they tape around it to make the club...its not like you actually go buy one.

oh...and for selling it.... the club is not for his protection...he is fine...its for the protection of the players he is playing against. It's so the splint can not hurt them during contact.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:09 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

Glad it's relatively minor....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Damn that blows.

I had no idea those "clubs" where legal. Now I just have to fight with the wife & youngest about when he can play again. He thinks when they take the cast off next week, I'm sure she is thinking mid October

My son lost time last year with a broken finger tip. It really is all up to how cautious your Ortho doc is. He has to sign the clearance.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:16 am 

Naperville North over came a 42-0 second quarter deficit to beat Edwardsville 53-49. Running clock does not start when down 40 until 2nd half unless both agree. They scored twice at end of 2nd quarter to make it 42-14 t half.

Phillips beat Loyola on a goal line stand at the end of the game.

#1 Prairie Ridge beat Cary Grove 7-6

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Sacred Heart Griffin will probably be in the state championship game again this year. They are as good as most of the 7A and 8A teams and they play lesser competition. Hopefully when they do the playoff brackets they won't make it so they don't have play any good teams till the championship game. When a downstate powerhouse only has to play one or two decent teams the whole season it doesn't make for a balanced path to the championship.

Prairie Ridge will probably be the favorite again. High school football is nothing like college or the pros. Having a good running quarterback in high school can win state title after state title. In college it works for a while, but in the pros they lay the quarterback out and he's on injured reserve midway through the game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:14 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Naperville North over came a 42-0 second quarter deficit to beat Edwardsville 53-49. Running clock does not start when down 40 until 2nd half unless both agree. They scored twice at end of 2nd quarter to make it 42-14 t half.

Phillips beat Loyola on a goal line stand at the end of the game.

#1 Prairie Ridge beat Cary Grove 7-6

Didn't even read the papers. Holy shit--Philips beat Loyola? hahahahahahaha

Edwardsville. Man. Unless they had a slew of injuries . . . what were the coaches thinking? Gotta check that one out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:53 pm 

Hard to imagine that there's a better team in the state than Maine South. Can't argue with their strength of schedule starting with (then) No. 1 Glenbard West, and on to No. 2 Lincoln-Way East in Week 2.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hi ... story.html

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:08 pm 

Week 2 AP Polls

Class 8A

Others receiving votes: Waubonsie Valley 15, Naperville North 15, New Trier 11, Neuqua Valley 6, Brother Rice 5, Lake Park 5, Barrington 3, Oswego 2, Hinsdale Central 2, Edwardsville 1, Evanston 1.

Class 7A

Others receiving votes: Jacobs 10, Plainfield North 9, Hoffman Estates 7, Lincoln-Way Central 4, Rockford Auburn 3, Glenbard North 3, Belleville West 3, Glenbrook North 2, St. Charles North 2, Wheaton North 2, Simeon 1.

Class 6A

Others receiving votes: Vernon Hills 15, Oak Lawn Richards 13, Providence 11, Crete-Monee 7, Lemont 6, Springfield 6, Rock Island 4, Rockford Boylan 3, Riverside-Brookfield 1, Quincy 1, Bloomington 1, St. Viator 1.

Class 5A

Others receiving votes: Antioch 17, Peoria Notre Dame 10, Rich Central 10, Triad 10, Metamora 9, Marion 7, Hillcrest 3, Solorio Academy 2, Richwoods 1.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:54 pm 

Saw Phillips play :shock: :shock:. They ran a 6-1 Cover 0 the whole game. Something you typically dont see outside of the goal line for most teams. Their game vs Simeon should be interesting. With Alek Thomas still of playing baseball I see a tough one for Mt Carmel this week vs Loyola.

Week 3 AP Polls
Class 8A

Others receiving votes: Waubonsie Valley 5, Stevenson 4, Niles Notre Dame 3, Lake Park 3, Hinsdale Central 1, Oak Park River Forest 1, Oswego 1

Class 7A

Others receiving votes: Jacobs 9, Hoffman Estates 7, Rockford Auburn 7, Lincoln-Way Central 5, Wheaton North 3, Glenbrook North 2, Bradley-Bourbonnais 1

Class 6A

Others receiving votes: Springfield 16, Rockford Boylan 8, St. Laurence 4, Oak Lawn Richards 4, Peoria Central 3, Lemont 2, Riverside-Brookfield 2

Class 5A

Others receiving votes: Hillcrest 16, Rochelle 15, Antioch 13, Joliet Catholic 11, Triad 7, Peoria Notre Dame 5, Rich Central 2, Chicago (Solorio Academy) 1

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 am 

I'll probably be at the MC v. LA game tomorrow and have a tailgate afterwards if anyone is going and would like to socialize

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I'll probably be at the MC v. LA game tomorrow and have a tailgate afterwards if anyone is going and would like to socialize

Nah, that sounds pretty gay.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Saw Phillips play :shock: :shock:. They ran a 6-1 Cover 0 the whole game. Something you typically dont see outside of the goal line for most teams. Their game vs Simeon should be interesting. With Alek Thomas still of playing baseball I see a tough one for Mt Carmel this week vs Loyola.

Week 3 AP Polls
Class 8A

Others receiving votes: Waubonsie Valley 5, Stevenson 4, Niles Notre Dame 3, Lake Park 3, Hinsdale Central 1, Oak Park River Forest 1, Oswego 1

Marist with the 1st place vote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Ignatius needs this one today vs Gorden errr Depaul Prep to have a shot at the playoffs.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Week 3 AP Polls
Class 8A

Marist with the 1st place vote

Well, they are the fairest after all.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:38 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Nah, that sounds pretty gay.

Shut up. It sounds delightful.

I was supposed to go, but I'll be too whacked out by tooth pain.