It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
I proclaimed they would lose the game when they were up 6, but should've been up about 25. They had missed every wide open 3 point shot they had taken so far. not to mention splitting every free throw they took. I turned to the wife and proclaimed they had already lost the game.

You mean when Moser never adjusted after OSU went to playing a 2-3 zone. Yup, that's when they lost the game.

Bad shooting night or not they scored 42 points in the second half anyway after Moser adjusted. Their free throw shooting didn't help either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:
I proclaimed they would lose the game when they were up 6, but should've been up about 25. They had missed every wide open 3 point shot they had taken so far. not to mention splitting every free throw they took. I turned to the wife and proclaimed they had already lost the game.

You mean when Moser never adjusted after OSU went to playing a 2-3 zone. Yup, that's when they lost the game.

Bad shooting night or not they scored 42 points in the second half anyway after Moser adjusted. Their free throw shooting didn't help either.

That's nonsense dude. When Loyola was 0-5 from 3 every one of those looks was wide open uncontested. That's on the players, not the coach.

And like you said, the free throw shooting was terrible.

Loyola struggled all year shooting the ball and it unfortunately proved to be the reason they lost in the end.

Moser coached wonderfully the whole tourney. His team played with patience, moved the ball, ran multiple sets on each possession and ended up with good shots all tournament long. Poor shooting did them in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
shakes wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
shakes wrote:

That's nonsense dude. When Loyola was 0-5 from 3 every one of those looks was wide open uncontested. That's on the players, not the coach.

And like you said, the free throw shooting was terrible.

Loyola struggled all year shooting the ball and it unfortunately proved to be the reason they lost in the end.

Moser coached wonderfully the whole tourney. His team played with patience, moved the ball, ran multiple sets on each possession and ended up with good shots all tournament long. Poor shooting did them in.

Moser was running a man to man offense against a 2-3 zone in the first half. That's on him. Period.

And you can multiple man sets against a 2-3 zone and end up with little to show for it. As evidenced by Loyola's 16 fist half points.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:59 pm 

Headed to the A-10 for the 22/23 season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:09 am 

It's big news as the A10, at least as currently composed, is a step up in competition.

but it is an east coast focused conference. Dayton and SLU have already talked about leaving which would make the Ramblers the only midwest team. I don't think there are any natural rivalries and they will always be the fish out of water. If they continue to play well, it definitely is a great move as the path to the post season is much easier with through the A10. I also think those teams coming to Chicago are much more attractive to attend than Indiana State, Evansville, etc.

This takes Loyola from being regional to more national. Kids in NY and Philadelphia will have Loyola U more present in their minds when making college choices. If they can get kids on the campus to visit, the updates they have done will undoubtedly get them to apply. It really is a beautiful, pedestrian friendly setting now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
My family and friends who are long time MVC alums are not happy about the MVC being treated yet again as a stepping stone. Gonzaga can stay in their midmajor conference and it's ok, but everyone wants to leave the MVC.

That said, I think it makes sense for Loyola. DePaul is comatose, now is the time for Loyola to assert themselves for east coast viewers as Chicago's city school alternative.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:23 pm 

The MVC was great for Loyola and Loyola was great for the MVC. The conference landscape shifted in the past six months and Loyola needed to keep up. I think it really hit home when they didn't get an invite after the Final Four season despite a regular season championship and a loss in the conference tournament championship game.

MVC was responding by bringing in teams like Texas-San Antonio. That's not getting them closer to being a two bid conference.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
No one cares about thee A10 on the East Coast. This strikes me as a bad move for Loyola, especially if Dayton and SLU are leaving the conference.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7