It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:08 pm 

Huge win Saturday against #1 northern Iowa who are 22-4 and on the cusp of top 20.

They are 1 game behind with 4 to go. 18-9 overall. This will be a top 20 team next year

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:38 am 

same team as last year. Inconsistent and can't win on the road. Also, hit your freaking free throws.

Still, tied for first place in the Missouri Valley with two games to go. Even if they make it in, they will be one of those chump mid majors with double digit losses that gets put against a 1 or 2 seed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:32 pm 

What a fucking choke job. Blow an 18 point lead to Valpo and lose in OT. This is after Northern Iowa lost earlier in the day.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I guess we now know why no one was talking about the Loyola U Ramblers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
if UIC wins tonight, they make the NCAA tourney.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:53 am 

conns7901 wrote:
What a fucking choke job. Blow an 18 point lead to Valpo and lose in OT. This is after Northern Iowa lost earlier in the day.

Two years in a row the path to the NCAA tournament has been cleared for them and two years in a row Bradley has taken advantage of the opportunity. Why, again, would Rambler fans be afraid of a Porter Moser departure?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Two years in a row the path to the NCAA tournament has been cleared for them and two years in a row Bradley has taken advantage of the opportunity. Why, again, would Rambler fans be afraid of a Porter Moser departure?

That moron can't leave fast enough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:56 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
if UIC wins tonight, they make the NCAA tourney.

I was surprised to see UIC had only one player from Illinois on their roster and he was from near St. Louis.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:35 am 

good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Porter may go down as one of the greatest NCAA tournament coaches of all time. An .800 winning percentage in the NCAA tournament is better than Coach K and Bobby Knight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:47 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

the guy had two league MVPs on his team last year coming off the Final Four and didn't make the tournament

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:48 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

the guy had two league MVPs on his team last year coming off the Final Four and didn't make the tournament

It was pretty obvious when he wasn't even considered for bigger jobs after that F4 run. Shaka Smart made a career off of it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:58 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

It was pretty obvious when he wasn't even considered for bigger jobs after that F4 run. Shaka Smart made a career off of it.

I'm just venting.

He won back to back regular season championships and finished second this year. He exceeded expectations from the beginning of this year. The problem is he shit the bed in the conference tournament each year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

THIS.

He is not highly regarded as a teacher or a game coach among his peers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:33 am 

Ramblers at 14-3 are pretty good. They are blowing opponents out and may enter the top 25 this week. They play great defense and have enough talent where they can throw waves of defenders at you without being fatigued. Unfortunately they sit in second place in the MVC behind unbeaten Drake. Huge back to back matchup against these teams in two weeks. It's looking like the Ramblers will need to sweep to win the conference regular season. There is talk that if a team thinks they have already secured their position in the NCAA Tourney, they won't participate in the conference tournament.

That would be an interesting scenario as it would really aid conferences looking to get two teams in. Conference tournament champion gets one bid and the team that is already secure gets the other.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 am 

This thread shouldn't be below an Illini thread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:

Damn right!

Congrats GD!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:03 pm 

shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Damn right!

Congrats GD!

Thanks but its a congrats to all of us. It's great to have relevant college basketball in this city.

They play an elegant style of basketball.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Damn right!

Congrats GD!

Thanks but its a congrats to all of us. It's great to have relevant college basketball in this city.

They're both more skilled and more athletic than I thought they were.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:25 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
shakes wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Damn right!

Congrats GD!

They're both more skilled and more athletic than I thought they were.

I wrote this somewhere else: more athletic centers watch Krutwig walk on the court and think they will eat him alive. Then they see he is not just strong but nimble and quick. He has post moves that are polished beyond any center in the country.

Williamson was the city player of the year. They were lucky to get him because he isn't offensively elite.

Kennedy has elite athleticism. He can jump and run with anyone in the nation.

They throw waves of players between 6'2"- 6'7" at you, all of whom play great team defense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:27 am 

I listened to a national talking head on Sunday while the game was going on. He went on about how a team of accountants was beating a team of NBA players :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:02 am 

RFDC wrote:
I listened to a national talking head on Sunday while the game was going on. He went on about how a team of accountants was beating a team of NBA players :lol:

If we really pick it apart, that is a statement full of racial stereotypes but it will pass because

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:40 am 

I was thinking of getting a sweet 16 shirt with a sister jean cartoon on it. Will that be outdated in a short time or would it be considered retro (broken) hip?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I was thinking of getting a sweet 16 shirt with a sister jean cartoon on it. Will that be outdated in a short time or would it be considered retro (broken) hip?

Forego the sweatshirt and just start wearing a maroon and gold habit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Didn't think they would get blown out by Illini but was confident they'd lose. Fun team to watch.

Guess you guys were right, Big 10 was way overrated.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Krutwig much better than I gave him credit for, thought Kofi would eat his lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:54 am 

312player wrote:
Krutwig much better than I gave him credit for, thought Kofi would eat his lunch.

That's the story of his playing career.

Loyola was lucky he fell to them. Double digit scorer from the time he walked on the court as a freshman.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I still have my 2018 F4 shirt that I bought off a rack at Dick's for $5. Wore it during both games and will wear it tomorrow. My only regret is I didn't also buy the Sister Jean shirt on the same rack.

You should definitely buy the Sister Jean shirt. If I see one I'm getting one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 am 

The looks were there. They just had a horrific night of shooting, including free throws. It happens.

It's disappointing because out of all the teams the Ramblers played in the NCAA tournament in the last two run, this was the one they should have beaten. All the others required some hope and prayers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 am 

I proclaimed they would lose the game when they were up 6, but should've been up about 25. They had missed every wide open 3 point shot they had taken so far. not to mention splitting every free throw they took. I turned to the wife and proclaimed they had already lost the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next