It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
God damn I am geared up for the playoffs. Was just checking out all the match-ups. We've literally had one or two run games six times against the three number seeds we would be likely to face. Our first real test will be Saturday where we split previously with the number one seed in our region.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:00 am 

Keyser Soze wrote:
St Ignatius vs Mt Carmel at UIC tomorrow. You going, GD?

I hope you didn't go. Yikes

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 am 

Regional semis start tonight with Saturday being the key date. Most of these opening round games are patsies vs. legit teams. Weather should be solid, although we have a 7:00 start time tonight.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:13 pm 

Ready for Saturday. Here’s hoping the boys bring their best. We played down to the competition tonight as has been our practice, but the outcome was never in doubt.

We have our top three pitchers available for regional championship.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Who did you play HBR?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Who did you play HBR?

HBR?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I figured you were one of the small teams in farm country in the big rock regional.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:36 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I figured you were one of the small teams in farm country in the big rock regional.

I live squarely in the Northwest suburbs, but our school is 1A. The high school has less than 200 students. Our regional and sectional is in Elgin.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:32 pm 

As I posted in the Trump thread, it’s over for us. It was a fun season. Great coaches, parents and kids. Defense had been our undoing many times this year, and today that was the sole reason we lost.

Best of luck to the rest you guys who are still alive.

If any of you guys practice with wood bats or have a tournament for one this summer, check out Titan Bats. We just got a few more from there, and they are slick bats. They make them in Indiana.....went Maple this time.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:10 pm 

denisdman wrote:
As I posted in the Trump thread, it’s over for us. It was a fun season. Great coaches, parents and kids. Defense had been our undoing many times this year, and today that was the sole reason we lost.

If any of you guys practice with wood bats or have a tournament for one this summer, check out Titan Bats. We just got a few more from there, and they are slick bats. They make them in Indiana.....went Maple this time.

If I remember correctly, my son and a couple of his teammates had them. They weren't all that hot looking, but they didn't crack, but my son left his in the hotel we were at in Bloomington :x

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:15 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:

If I remember correctly, my son and a couple of his teammates had them. They weren't all that hot looking, but they didn't crack, but my son left his in the hotel we were at in Bloomington :x

They have upgraded their look and feel. I was amazed when the new ones came. The color combos are awesome.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:21 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:48 pm 

I forgot just how much I looked forward to shopping for bats and other assorted crap. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:50 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
I forgot just how much I looked forward to shopping for bats and other assorted crap. :lol:

You want fun? Go to 44 pro gloves and build a mit. You will play with the combinations all day.

http://www.44progloves.com

Just bought a pitcher/infield mit and already have a 1B mit from there.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:57 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

You want fun? Go to 44 pro gloves and build a mit. You will play with the combinations all day.

http://www.44progloves.com

Just bought a pitcher/infield mit and already have a 1B mit from there.

That would've been a problem 4 years ago. We still have a Wilson A2000 mif glove that saw exactly one weeks worth of game action

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:00 am 

I had a really good look yesterday. Nothing beats a competitive high school playoff game. You really get to see how a player responds in a pressure situation when the season is on the line.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:11 pm 

I wonder which top 4 seed will lose today or tomorrow due to saving their one for the regional title game on Saturday.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
conns7901 wrote:
I wonder which top 4 seed will lose today or tomorrow due to saving their one for the regional title game on Saturday.

That's what I wonder too...do you bring your second best pitcher in today in relief, or save him for the start on Saturday (which won't matter if you lose today).

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:30 pm 

The answer to that question is always Joliet Catholic but the IHSA watered down 3A so much I don’t think even they can fuck this one up.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Keyser Soze wrote:
The answer to that question is always Joliet Catholic but the IHSA watered down 3A so much I don’t think even they can fuck this one up.

Yeah, can't see them losing in 3A.

For 4A I'm eager to see how far all these Plainfield teams will go. Not sure if anyone can beat Neuqua, but those teams are stacked. It's kind of cool seeing all the players from the DiamondKings/Legends/Renegades and other good travel teams I used to enter into Gamechanger/iScore over the years, now playing in HS. Next couple of years will be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:03 pm 

3A in the 4 class sports is not very good. Same with 2a in the 3 class sports.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:06 pm 

I haven’t seen Nequa but I know their top arm is pretty damn good. I did see Plainfield North and their top arm made a big jump this year. That will be a good matchup.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

IHSA rules loosen up a lot for the playoffs. As long as a team kept their pitcher to 75 pitches or less, they are free to cut loose today.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:28 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Yeah, can't see them losing in 3A.

For 4A I'm eager to see how far all these Plainfield teams will go. Not sure if anyone can beat Neuqua, but those teams are stacked. It's kind of cool seeing all the players from the DiamondKings/Legends/Renegades and other good travel teams I used to enter into Gamechanger/iScore over the years, now playing in HS. Next couple of years will be interesting.

I am enjoying reading box scores and recaps in the DH for all the players I know.

I am ready for travel season. Just got an invite to help an 18U team for a tourney that starts next Thursday. Our 17U travel team starts in two weeks, and my son is playing up for the 17U (he should be 16U). I will be interested to see the difference between our relatively weak 1A opponents and the tournament teams. He started on varsity, so he is used to playing against 17 and 18 year olds....

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:40 pm 

Ugh. Don’t remind me. Summer is the worst. Travel daddy ball bullshit. My goal is to not watch a single travel ball game all summer.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:42 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:
Ugh. Don’t remind me. Summer is the worst. Travel daddy ball bullshit. My goal is to not watch a single travel ball game all summer.

Not likely :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:43 pm 

Keyser Soze wrote:

Hahaha, well I am looking forward to having a team with purpose built players. Maybe at schools with 2,500 kids you can field a baseball team with multiple catchers, a real SS, and a fast CF. But for what I saw at a sub-200 person school, we have kids playing at many of the wrong spots and never enough arms.

I also enjoy having 4-5 games in a 2-3 day period.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Hahaha, well I am looking forward to having a team with purpose built players. Maybe at schools with 2,500 kids you can field a baseball team with multiple catchers, a real SS, and a fast CF. But for what I saw at a sub-200 person school, we have kids playing at many of the wrong spots and never enough arms.

Where are you all travelling to this year?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Where are you all travelling to this year?

Last year we did all local tournaments, but I can't remember the name of the organization that ran them. It was fun. They have us playing on solid university fields like Judson and North Central. The typical structure was three opening round games with top four teams playing in a knockout round on Sunday.

I know the complaints about travel ball. But we just have access to so many resources- indoor facilities, trainers, off season workouts, etc that it is the best way to help my son progress. Plus the coaching is really good.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:56 pm 

That may be but for me it’s an absolute nightmare.

Me: Is Johnny pitching today?

Daddy Ball coach: yes. If we win the first game by more than six runs he’ll pitch in Kenosha at noon. If we lose by more than 10 runs he’ll pitch in Carbondale at 3 PM. And if the elite slammers win by more than eight runs he’ll pitch in Macomb.

Me: sigh

Me: *Driving my dumb ass to wherever the stupid game is being played.*

Me: Why isn’t Johnny warming up?

Daddy ball coach: oh he didn’t make it he had his grandfather’s 85th birthday party.

Me: Do you know where’s the nearest bridge I can jump off?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next