It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
MJeff, Dick Butkus, Payton and Ali were public school kids.

As were Wilt, Alcindor and Jesse Owens.

:D

I'm honestly not impressed with that list. Try harder.

I do like how Catholics claim Bill Russell at USF. They left out a certain Bull with the initials of QD, though.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:46 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
I briefly dated a bartender who dated Quentin. She told me a couple of stories that weirded me out enough to not call her again.

Never even tried, which was completely out of line for a young Reader.

She told the weird stories that Boers hinted at a few years later.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Quigley South?

I think it has to be South based on where he lived. I doubt he was going all the way downtown. Also, I don't think North had a soccer team and if they did, they didn't play in the CCL. Hell, now that I think about it, I'm not sure South was in the league, but I think for soccer they were.

Yeah,with the Quigley's you went based on where you lived. South of Madison you went to Q.South.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Regular Reader wrote:
North closed first.

I still see St. Rita and want to call it Quigley South.

No South closed first. They merged in to just Quigley at the North Campus, then like 4-5 years later they closed that one as well.

The big dust up when the closed South was who was to get the campus,no one in the community wanted Rita to get it based on their relationship with the black/latino churches. Lot of people pushed for Leo,but then came the Irish Christian Brothers fiasco.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:46 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
North closed first.

No South closed first. They merged in to just Quigley at the North Campus, then like 4-5 years later they closed that one as well.

The big dust up when the closed South was who was to get the campus,no one in the community wanted Rita to get it based on their relationship with the black/latino churches. Lot of people pushed for Leo,but then came the Irish Christian Brothers fiasco.

South closed in 1990.
North closed in 2007.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:12 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
North closed first.

South closed in 1990.
North closed in 2007.

I saw that as well. But it never had the attendance of a viable stand alone school when it was re-consolidated. And it was dead to most south siders I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
conns7901 wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
North closed first.

South closed in 1990.
North closed in 2007.

Catholics got smart and stopped shipping their first born boys to be served up as f@ggots play pieces.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
I had these same hops in high school . . .

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:18 pm 

tommy wrote:

I never got why MC had the awful yellow paint job around the track above the gym. They painted it my sophomore year and it looked better. I have been watching some old games on youtube from the Walker/McNabb/Jones days.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:

I never got why MC had the awful yellow paint job around the track above the gym. They painted it my sophomore year and it looked better. I have been watching some old games on youtube from the Walker/McNabb/Jones days.

Yellow seeped into the school colors at some point. Wasn't a good look in a building that was yellowing with age...