It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: IHSA HOOPS 2019-2020
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
I guess he will get power 5 offers now that he plays at Young :lol: :roll:. If there even is a season. Should have went the prep school route if he is worried about playing before next AAU season.

As for Young it must be nice to be one of the dirtiest programs around and have your principal on the IHSA board so you can get away with it.

My son's school is trying to get a kid eligible who moved from MI to live with a local family because his school closed.

No D-1 prospect by any measure, but it will take a miracle of sorts for the IHSA to OK this.

Casey has "moved" three times in three years and it's all good with the IHSA.

Parents need to give up guardianship if he is not with them. They do that he will be eligible.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:31 am 

Seacrest wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
I guess he will get power 5 offers now that he plays at Young :lol: :roll:. If there even is a season. Should have went the prep school route if he is worried about playing before next AAU season.

As for Young it must be nice to be one of the dirtiest programs around and have your principal on the IHSA board so you can get away with it.

My son's school is trying to get a kid eligible who moved from MI to live with a local family because his school closed.

No D-1 prospect by any measure, but it will take a miracle of sorts for the IHSA to OK this.

Casey has "moved" three times in three years and it's all good with the IHSA.

He should be good. The problem is more than likely with the receiving school. They may not know how to make him eligible. All they have to do is enroll him STLS (homeless) and he becomes eligible immediately. Its against the law for the state to question it and technically he is homeless.

Plus he is enrolling from out of state which makes it easier to make him eligible. All he has to do is demonstrate that he resides within the city limits and they have to make him eligible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:36 am 

conns7901 wrote:

Playing for Whitney Young made DJ Stewart a McDonald's All American. It also is the primary reason he was recruited by Duke.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:23 pm 

Max Christie, the superstar that stayed true to his hometown, signs with Michigan State
Michael O'Brien@michaelsobrien

Signing Day is all about that photo, the one you see in the paper every year: one of the state’s best athletes surrounded by his family and teammates and coaches, finalizing the dream of a college scholarship.

Sometimes that photo is the peak. Sometimes it is just the beginning.

Rolling Meadows senior Max Christie, the state’s top-ranked basketball player, probably won’t get to play in front of sold-out crowds this season. He’ll almost certainly not play a state tournament game. The special moment when a great talent reaches down deep for that little bit of extra to try and extend his high school career one more game ... no one will ever see it.

But Christie has his signing day photo. No one can see it, but he’s smiling under that Michigan State mask.

“With COVID I didn’t think we’d be here in person signing,” Christie said. “I’m trying to look at the bright side. It means a lot. At least we are here and at least we are all here safe. I’m lucky and fortunate that I didn’t have to worry about COVID affecting my recruitment.”

While adults on social media argue and thrash back and forth over whether to play high school sports during COVID-19, Christie has come to terms with the hand he’s been dealt.

“It’s definitely a little bit upsetting to miss out on the big crowds and big games this season but it reinforces the fact that you have to be grateful for what you have because it can all be taken away like that,” Christie said. “My junior year we had a lot of good games and I can reflect on those.”

Basketball hasn’t stopped. It’s just a permanent offseason right now. He’s lucky to have a worthy in-house opponent. Christie’s younger brother Cameron, a sophomore, also has an offer from Michigan State.

“People don’t know, but we do a lot,” Max’s dad, Max Christie Sr., said. “They work out a ton. The thing they are missing is the competition and the playing. We would love for them to play, but do they really need to play? Yes, but no.”

Christie’s level head comes from his parents. There hasn’t been any wild, overreaching sports parenting, despite his talent.

“They are absolutely amazing,” Rolling Meadows coach Kevin Katovich said of Christie’s parents. “They are a huge part of the whole Rolling Meadows community. They care about every kid in the program. That’s why Max is the way he is, because of the examples and role models he has to follow.”

It’s sad that Rolling Meadows won’t get to properly enjoy the Christie brothers this season. Most players as talented as Max would have left an unknown suburban school for brighter lights. He stayed, even when his senior season was put on hold.

“Every prep school has reached out at some point over the last four years,” Katrina Christie, Max’s mother, said. “It’s something we have not wanted to do. MSU has been very supportive of our decision to stay. They aren’t concerned at all about him and his development. Max’s friends are here and we felt like if you are good enough and you work hard enough, it doesn’t matter where you are.”

Christie is proof of that. And whatever success or failure follows over the rest of his basketball career, his hometown will remember that he stayed.

“There was no reason to leave this great community with great people, great teachers, classmates and everybody,” Christie said. “It was just a place where I wanted to be. I was going to take it as a challenge to bring Meadows back. So far we’ve done a good job, but hopefully we get a chance to do a little bit more.”

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Throwback for JORR...

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/chicago ... 9351629724

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:

Lee Arthur Scott may have been the greatest Catholic League player of them all.

These are my guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfXOFqJHd_k&t=2606s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:51 am 

apparently Kendall Gill's kid is going to SICP

Kid must be smart

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7