It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: IHSA HOOPS 2019-2020
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
City of Fools wrote:
Genoa is apparently good at basketball? Out here we look down our noses at the Cogs....

Honestly surprised to see them in the Regional Final as I though Rockford Christian was better team. New coach for Cogs this year but they are against Lutheran for the title.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Harvard Dan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Genoa is apparently good at basketball? Out here we look down our noses at the Cogs....

Honestly surprised to see them in the Regional Final as I though Rockford Christian was better team. New coach for Cogs this year but they are against Lutheran for the title.

What's Lutheran's story?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:27 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's Lutheran's story?

Well coached, Guse has been there since 2010 with a record of 193-93 coming off a few leaner years. His squads made it state coming in 3rd, 4th, and 4th in 2012, 2014, 2015. I believe the state record holder for TD's was playing hoops for him them as well. They rebound, press, and break out quick. Had them twice with a running clock once and a pull away victory the second time.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Harvard Dan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's Lutheran's story?

Well coached, Guse has been there since 2010 with a record of 193-93 coming off a few leaner years. His squads made it state coming in 3rd, 4th, and 4th in 2012, 2014, 2015. I believe the state record holder for TD's was playing hoops for him them as well. They rebound, press, and break out quick. Had them twice with a running clock once and a pull away victory the second time.

See you Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:27 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

What's Lutheran's story?

See you Wednesday.

Yep, should be fun.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:54 am 
Site Admin

They sound like they are a lot like us.

Young Crest was in foul trouble early last night and only played like 10 minutes the whole game.

We were down in the 4th quarter, but came back for the win.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Lost 79-70.

Great to meet Harvard Dan and watch a game with him, someone that is an actual referee.

A perspective I'm glad I was able to experience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:56 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Lost 79-70.

Great to meet Harvard Dan and watch a game with him, someone that is an actual referee.

A perspective I'm glad I was able to experience.

The boys put up a great fight...should be right back next year with those Jrs.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Big showdown at St. Ignatius on Wednesday. Good chance JORR will be in the house. How about good dolphin?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Big showdown at St. Ignatius on Wednesday. Good chance JORR will be in the house. How about good dolphin?

Depaul 33-30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:01 pm 

Irvins are throwing a twitter tantrum over Adam Miller not being Sun-times player of the year.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:43 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I could be talked into it. Who is playing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Zion takes on Stevenson at Prospect tonight. Kind of a big deal for the Zee-Bees.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I could be talked into it. Who is playing?

Winner plays the Friars on Friday

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 pm 

Didn't see this one coming. One of Marian's best players recently left the team to.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:17 pm 

Nick Irvin leaves Morgan Park to be assistant coach at Western Illinois

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:15 pm 

long time guy wrote:

I like the hire. That place has nothing to lose. Western is in rough shape both athletically and financially. Only above Chicago St in Illinois when it comes to overall health of public universities. It will be interesting to see him working at the other end where if they do get a kid who is successful, a big school will come and take them away.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I like the hire. That place has nothing to lose. Western is in rough shape both athletically and financially. Only above Chicago St in Illinois when it comes to overall health of public universities. It will be interesting to see him working at the other end where if they do get a kid who is successful, a big school will come and take them away.

The local community hasn't been terribly receptive of the fact that WIU is drawing more Chicago students because the enrollment from the western-most 20 counties is dwindling.

But if he proves that he can funnel students from the high schools and the AAU ranks to WIU, even if it's mostly 3* recruits to start, he'll get an offer to move up to a larger program.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The local community hasn't been terribly receptive of the fact that WIU is drawing more Chicago students because the enrollment from the western-most 20 counties is dwindling.

But if he proves that he can funnel students from the high schools and the AAU ranks to WIU, even if it's mostly 3* recruits to start, he'll get an offer to move up to a larger program.

Sorry, just restated what Chet said.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 am 

How has the other Irvin done at Chicago State

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:00 am 

good dolphin wrote:
How has the other Irvin done at Chicago State

Won 4 games this year and only beat 1 division one team. His first year they won 3 games beating only one division one team.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:01 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He has already swung one of his ex MP players in on the transfer side from UAB. He will make a lot of his hay by going in this direction imo. He will be able to get kids that transfer in because it didn't really work at their former school thus they are looking for a new home.

He isn't going to get blue chippers to come to Western Illinois. What he will be able to get will be kids that signed to play somewhere above their level originally, only to transfer to Western once it doesn't work out. Those type of players will allow Western to compete and compete fast.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He has already swung one of his ex MP players in on the transfer side from UAB. He will make a lot of his hay by going in this direction imo. He will be able to get kids that transfer in because it didn't really work at their former school thus they are looking for a new home.

He isn't going to get blue chippers to come to Western Illinois. What he will be able to get will be kids that signed to play somewhere above their level originally, only to transfer to Western once it doesn't work out. Those type of players will allow Western to compete and compete fast.

Loyola has shown nice success with this mode of operation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Loyola has shown nice success with this mode of operation

At that level it's the best way to go. There are always kids that sign High major coming out of high school that decide to transfer for whatever reason. If you were a guy that had a line on them in high school then you will be the first guy that they call once they decide to transfer.

At the mid major level it's a great move. For both parties. You get an experienced player with High Major talent. You can't help but be competitive if you have enough of them around.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:30 pm 

The Nick Irvin hire is already paying dividends for Western. Just got a steal of a player to commit in Ramean Hinton.
This after convincing a former player to transfer from UAB

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/5/30/ ... nois-curie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
The Nick Irvin hire is already paying dividends for Western. Just got a steal of a player to commit in Ramean Hinton.

Hinton is a mid major guy going low major so yeah a bit of an upgrade.

I would assume he can get a number of his former players/AAU guys to transfer in the next few years when things don't work out at the higher school.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:40 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I would assume he can get a number of his former players/AAU guys to transfer in the next few years when things don't work out at the higher school.

Yeah I doubt that he will get high majors to ever sign/transfer to Western but he will definitely be able to sign mid majors while getting other mid majors to transfer in. At that level that's all you need in order to be competitive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Yeah I doubt that he will get high majors to ever sign/transfer to Western but he will definitely be able to sign mid majors while getting other mid majors to transfer in. At that level that's all you need in order to be competitive.

He wont get any to sign, but I don't think a high major transfer is out of the question if their first stop goes poorly. If WIU wins quickly the new guy will move up and he could take over the program in 3-4 years.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:56 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He wont get any to sign, but I don't think a high major transfer is out of the question if their first stop goes poorly. If WIU wins quickly the new guy will move up and he could take over the program in 3-4 years.

I wonder how involved Mike was with this kid's recruitment. I know for a fact that there was bad blood over Wayne Blackshear's transfer to MP years ago.

With the sort of recruiting base that the Irvins can provide they should be able to get going rather quickly. By the end of year 2 they should have it rolling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:

I wonder how involved Mike was with this kid's recruitment. I know for a fact that there was bad blood over Wayne Blackshear's transfer to MP years ago.

Has he gotten his job back at Curie yet? I doubt much.we

Hinton decommitted from SEMO when they fired their coach right before pandemic. Seemed like he had been stuck in no mans land for a while.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next