It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Good to stop the back slide. Next three should be winnable if they play halfway decent. @ OSU and Iowa at home they will need to at least split. A 3-2 record gets then to 20-11 going into big ten tourney.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:42 am 

Illini be Nebraska at home tonight on BTN. I’ll be watching and hopefully they don’t slip on a banana peel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:51 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I don't doubt for a second he is a first round pick right now, maybe even top 15. Look how many 7 foot tall European myths get picked in the back half of the first round. Here is a 7 foot guy showing all the athleticism you need to play inside as well as a jumper out to 15 feet in a major college conference. GM would be drooling projecting what he could be. One more year in college and he is a top 5.

I always get accused of being Chief Illinimac but I can't see him not getting picked in the top 10 this year. Barring some kind of setback at the rate he's already developing, it's easy to see he could have a mid-range 15-18 foot game with more practice and he's still developing setting a good base in the post but those are all things that can be taught.

The skills are clearly there and there just aren't guys that size anymore with that kind of athleticism. The guy is 295. Somebody call Matt Nagy. He's almost too old-school '80s/'90s low-post guy.

This is why I took a flyer on the bet with RFDC. I realize how tough it is to make first team All-America. And I know that these days the A-A team isn't broken down by positions the way it once was. But players like Kofi are really rare these days. And he's obviously going to have some real numbers. The A-A team deserves a real center now that one has arrived! I think I have a shot to win this one.

You're still going to lose this bet, JORR.

But, Kofi feels like a guy that the nation might "discover" come tournament time. His problem is he lacks touch at the rim which is crazy because he has good touch in mid-range and at the free-throw line. He needs to learn to go stronger to the rim since he's bigger than most everyone but he settles for little baby-hooks or dropping something off the board.

He's going to learn soon he can just run over people and then it's over. I'm hoping that is come NCAA time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I don't doubt for a second he is a first round pick right now, maybe even top 15. Look how many 7 foot tall European myths get picked in the back half of the first round. Here is a 7 foot guy showing all the athleticism you need to play inside as well as a jumper out to 15 feet in a major college conference. GM would be drooling projecting what he could be. One more year in college and he is a top 5.

I always get accused of being Chief Illinimac but I can't see him not getting picked in the top 10 this year. Barring some kind of setback at the rate he's already developing, it's easy to see he could have a mid-range 15-18 foot game with more practice and he's still developing setting a good base in the post but those are all things that can be taught.

The skills are clearly there and there just aren't guys that size anymore with that kind of athleticism. The guy is 295. Somebody call Matt Nagy. He's almost too old-school '80s/'90s low-post guy.

This is why I took a flyer on the bet with RFDC. I realize how tough it is to make first team All-America. And I know that these days the A-A team isn't broken down by positions the way it once was. But players like Kofi are really rare these days. And he's obviously going to have some real numbers. The A-A team deserves a real center now that one has arrived! I think I have a shot to win this one.

You're still going to lose this bet, JORR.

But, Kofi feels like a guy that the nation might "discover" come tournament time. His problem is he lacks touch at the rim which is crazy because he has good touch in mid-range and at the free-throw line. He needs to learn to go stronger to the rim since he's bigger than most everyone but he settles for little baby-hooks or dropping something off the board.

He's going to learn soon he can just run over people and then it's over. I'm hoping that is come NCAA time.

Yeah, you're right. He sort of plateaued in the middle of the season, but I expect you might be right about him in March. If he stays another year he has a chance to be the player of the year. They could also do a better job of getting him the ball in the post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:40 pm 

Georgi does a great job of getting him the ball in a High/Low situation but Georgi is in a serious funk and has gotten less playing time.

If Georgi pulls his head out, gets going again with Kofi, heading toward the tourney, I think you will get your wish.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Another nice win, thinking they are a 6 seed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:44 pm 

His problem is he lacks touch at the rim which is crazy because he has good touch in mid-range and at the free-throw line. He needs to learn to go stronger to the rim since he's bigger than most everyone but he settles for little baby-hooks or dropping something off the board.

He's going strong to the rim tonight. 10 points in 10 minutes. Multiple dunks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:50 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
They went 1-4 in that 5 game stretch against ranked teams.

I think the game at OSU will be fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:51 am 

kinda figured theyd lose tonight.

Law of averages. Still played good and were in the lead most of the game.

Hopefully bounce back vs Iowa.

Anybody going to the Big 10 tournament next week?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Just went cold in the second half. I thought there was some questionable officiating too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:24 am 

Big guys have to stay out of foul trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:33 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Illinois and Iowa both might be first round outs in NCAA. Big Ten is mighty good though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:01 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Illinois and Iowa both might be first round outs in NCAA. Big Ten is mighty good though.

Obviously it comes down to matchups, but I would be very surprised if they ended up as first round outs

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:36 pm 

#4 seed in the Big 10 tournament.

Cant remember the last time they had a bye in it. Should be a good tournament. Lotta good, evenly-matched teams.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:08 pm 

Garza is the real deal for a college player. They won't go out early.

Illinois is lucky they have Cockburn as a guy big enough to give him problems on the defensive end.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:12 am 

I don't think I have heard this before... cold weather kept Shaq from coming to play :lol:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/preps ... 6XrKCeUmRg

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
RFDC wrote:
I don't think I have heard this before... cold weather kept Shaq from coming to play :lol:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/preps ... 6XrKCeUmRg

Shaq > Kpedi
Shaq > Ervin Small

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:34 am 

I feel bad for Illini fans. They had a legit team this year. I still think Purdue had a chance to make the tournament but I know they weren't going anywhere. I can't imagine what it's like to know that you could have done something big this year.

It's even worse if Cockburn goes pro, though the general consensus seems to be players like him who could benefit greatly from team workouts may just return to college since those may not happen prior to the draft. If I were Cockburn I would be going pro though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:46 pm 

Kofi declares for the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pm 

Franky T wrote:

Ugggghhhh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:49 pm 

tommy wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Ugggghhhh.

what can you expect from a first team all American! 8)

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:
tommy wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Ugggghhhh.

what can you expect from a first team all American! 8)

I just hope he's able to come back and finish his degree.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:06 am 

He still has plenty of work to do on his game. Like I said early in the season, he has enough skills that he'll probably get into the back of the lottery purely on projecting what he could be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
He won't get drafted. Hopefully he listens to the comments from the committee and returns to Illinois (with AYO!) and wins the NC next season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:46 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
He won't get drafted. Hopefully he listens to the comments from the committee and returns to Illinois (with AYO!) and wins the NC next season.

Don't think he's hired an agent so he could.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 pm 

Not drafted? dolphin and doc would like a word with you

good dolphin wrote:

I always get accused of being Chief Illinimac but I can't see him not getting picked in the top 10 this year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
RFDC wrote:
Not drafted? dolphin and doc would like a word with you

good dolphin wrote:

I always get accused of being Chief Illinimac but I can't see him not getting picked in the top 10 this year.

NBA doesn't have room for a guy of his skill set and lack of development.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Big Chicagoan wrote:

How could he not get drafted? He's easily a top 15 pick even as raw as he is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next