Post subject: Re: IHSA Playoffs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
MC-Naz should be a good game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Quote:
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO/WQRF) — The last time a Boylan football team reached the State Finals Dean Lowry was suiting up for the Titans. Boylan can get back to the finals next weekend if they can get a road win at Chicago St. Rita Saturday.

The Titans (12-0) go into this game off the momentum of a dramatic 19-16 comeback win over Sycamore last week.

TITANS!

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Warren bitch slapped Brother Rice yesterday 28-0.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:55 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
Quote:
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO/WQRF) — The last time a Boylan football team reached the State Finals Dean Lowry was suiting up for the Titans. Boylan can get back to the finals next weekend if they can get a road win at Chicago St. Rita Saturday.

The Titans (12-0) go into this game off the momentum of a dramatic 19-16 comeback win over Sycamore last week.

TITANS!

They got crushed by Rita.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
:lol: Dammit.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Beast against Warren will be fun, Warren has a great defense.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:33 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:

They shut down a late-blooming but experience BR team....

Terry's Peeps and I are going to the MC game. We'd invite Conns, but Conns is probably coaching 12 other sports....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 pm 

tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Terry's Peeps and I are going to the MC game. We'd invite Conns, but Conns is probably coaching 12 other sports....

Got 4 high school basketball games next week to keep stats for, two track workouts with an alum back from college and the following week my junior high team starts practicing.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:54 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Got 4 high school basketball games next week to keep stats for, two track workouts with an alum back from college and the following week my junior high team starts practicing.

See?

I wish I had your talents. My brother coaches at SICP and just has a blast doing so.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:58 pm 

tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

See?

I wish I had your talents. My brother coaches at SICP and just has a blast doing so.

We need the money.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:02 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

See?

We need the money.

:lol: The cash is good, too. Well, it might not be good, but it helps.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:12 pm 

Rochester vs Rita should be good. Rita caught a break this year when IHSA changed their multiplier rule which allowed them to drop down to 5a from 7a.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:02 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Rochester vs Rita should be good. Rita caught a break this year when IHSA changed their multiplier rule which allowed them to drop down to 5a from 7a.

Yeah, I think they went like 3-6 last year? I know they lost a few kids in the school, but this really helped them out. Had an interview there last year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:04 pm 

tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Yeah, I think they went like 3-6 last year? I know they lost a few kids in the school, but this really helped them out. Had an interview there last year.

They artificially dropped their enrollment. They now want to be the Ignatius of the SW side. But I think that person is now out who made that decision. I wouldn't mind working there. They only go to school about 160 days a year and take two spring breaks.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:05 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Funny, my Jr. High team I'm coaching this year has four games left after this week off, but I have two games Tuesday, maybe two games Friday and two on Saturday to officiate (Varsity BBall).

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:06 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

They artificially dropped their enrollment. They now want to be the Ignatius of the SW side. But I think that person is now out who made that decision. I wouldn't mind working there. They only go to school about 160 days a year and take two spring breaks.

Had no idea!!! Kids seem pretty good there, but I can't say I was impressed with the teachers, including one of our board heroes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:09 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Rochester is an offensive juggernaut, always seem to be making it downstate but this year they are 5A instead of being a roadblock for Richmond-Burton.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:09 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Funny, my Jr. High team I'm coaching this year has four games left after this week off, but I have two games Tuesday, maybe two games Friday and two on Saturday to officiate (Varsity BBall).

We practice in December up until winter break. Games are January and February. Its not too bad. The hard part is there will be a few days in February I'll have bball practice from 315 to 430. Track practice from 5 to 615 then a high school bball game at 7. Those days are absolutely brutal.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:11 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Rochester is an offensive juggernaut, always seem to be making it downstate but this year they are 5A instead of being a roadblock for Richmond-Burton.

Richmond Burton has looked good. ICCP wasn't the same as last few years when I saw them this season. I was more surprised how easily they handled Coal City. But then again, Coal City is not built offensively to play from behind.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:20 pm 

tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

Let's hope your alma mater beats the brakes off them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Go Blue Devils!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
tommy wrote:
MC-Naz should be a good game.

Willowbrook had one player and stayed with them for 3 quarters plus.

I've heard that the QB at Naz is the real deal. It could be a blow out for Naz.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:01 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

See?

We need the money.

What's the money like to coach? I remember it being a labor of love, as you could make a lot more on a side job if you worked the same number of hours.

I heard the money that Loyola's football coach was making to coach and was floored. I told the person in administration it is a clear lack of priorities but that place has so many high paid assistant AD and "counselor" jobs for coaches that it is a drop in the bucket. The guy played 8 years in the NFL making upwards of 20 million and he is squeezing a high school for every last penny. Meanwhile, he could be a college head coach tomorrow at 10x the high school salary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
GoldenJet wrote:
Go Blue Devils!

Pretty sweet to see Jet!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
tommy wrote:
Harvard Dan wrote:

See?

We need the money.

What's the money like to coach? I remember it being a labor of love, as you could make a lot more on a side job if you worked the same number of hours.

I heard the money that Loyola's football coach was making to coach and was floored. I told the person in administration it is a clear lack of priorities but that place has so many high paid assistant AD and "counselor" jobs for coaches that it is a drop in the bucket. The guy played 8 years in the NFL making upwards of 20 million and he is squeezing a high school for every last penny. Meanwhile, he could be a college head coach tomorrow at 10x the high school salary.

A public high school head coach of a major sport (Football,Basketball,Baseball,Track,Wrestling,Softball,Volleyball) makes somewhere between 7k and 11k depending on years of experience and district in the south/southwest suburbs. In CPS it is 5k. Assistant coaches of major sports make somewhere between 4k and 8k depending on years of service and district. Most suburban high school teachers make enough money that the stipend is not worth the time which is why there is so much turnover and outside coaches. In CPS a football assistant makes between 1500 and 3k depending on school.

Catholic high schools are all over the place with coaching pay. Most are tied directly to jobs at the school and not a seperate stipend.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
East St. Louis (6A) would probably beat any of the remaining teams in 7A and 8A.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
East St. Louis (6A) would probably beat any of the remaining teams in 7A and 8A.

Maybe. But they barely beat Neuqua Valley who was a second round out in 8a.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Prairie Ridge and East St. Louis is going to be an awesome game. Looking forward to Richmond Burton vs Murphysbouro as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Prairie Ridge and East St. Louis is going to be an awesome game. Looking forward to Richmond Burton vs Murphysbouro as well.

Prairie Ridge has built a real good program.

This, and the MC vs NAz game are the ones I hope to be able to watch.