It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Caravan are one step closer to getting some revenge on the Fighting JORRs...may we meet in Champaign!

I'm not sure DePaul can beat them again. Ciaravino is the best player I've seen all year.

MC lost their other star, Marks, but it would be a great game...I think they would play in the championship if they both win out?

Yes. Mount Carmel has a pretty easy path. DePaul has to get past Thornton and Morez Johnson.

DePaul is hard to beat though. I'm not sure there's ever been a better defensive team in the history of Illinois hoops. What they're doing in this tournament is unheard of.

Their only two losses came to 4A teams that are still alive in the Elite Eight. They had late leads against both and were short two starters against Normal. They're really just a beautiful team to watch.

And they're getting healthy at the right time. Friday was the first time Rob Walls has looked 100% since he suffered concussions and missed a bunch of mid-season games and I think Makai Kvamme's wrist has been bothering him a little since he fell on it it late in the season. He hasn't missed any time but Friday was the first time his shooting stroke has looked good since that game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
You like watching 17 year old boys' strokes, don't you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

McCareins_Fan wrote:
You like watching 17 year old boys' strokes, don't you?

Is that an offer?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Caravan are one step closer to getting some revenge on the Fighting JORRs...may we meet in Champaign!

I'm not sure DePaul can beat them again. Ciaravino is the best player I've seen all year.

MC lost their other star, Marks, but it would be a great game...I think they would play in the championship if they both win out?

Yes. Mount Carmel has a pretty easy path. DePaul has to get past Thornton and Morez Johnson.

DePaul is hard to beat though. I'm not sure there's ever been a better defensive team in the history of Illinois hoops. What they're doing in this tournament is unheard of.

Their only two losses came to 4A teams that are still alive in the Elite Eight. They had late leads against both and were short two starters against Normal. They're really just a beautiful team to watch.

And they're getting healthy at the right time. Friday was the first time Rob Walls has looked 100% since he suffered concussions and missed a bunch of mid-season games and I think Makai Kvamme's wrist has been bothering him a little since he fell on it it late in the season. He hasn't missed any time but Friday was the first time his shooting stroke has looked good since that game.

Their schedule may be paying off...would be great to see them win today and against Thornton. If MC can't beat the effing Shamrocks, I'll be pretty upset. I want to see them play in Champaign. Been too long. @conns @terry'speeps

You're right about defense....Carmel couldn't score on Gordon at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:03 pm 

This has been an interesting year. There is no clear cut favorite in 3a or 4a. Depaul and Curie are probably closest. In 2a I am interested to see if Beecher can beat Phillips tonight. Beecher hasn't lost but doesn't play anywhere near the schedule Phillips does.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:04 pm 

Caravan and Rams both advance to state...collision course!

De Paul vs. Richwoods
Mount Carmel vs. Mt. Zion

JORR, are you going Friday???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:24 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Warren goes down on last second shot. Only 5-15 from the free throw line. Jaxson Davis made the Sun-Times all area team as a freshman so that doesn’t happen too often. Hopefully they have some other talent around him the next few years, he appears to be the real deal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:21 am 
Site Admin

De Paul vs. Richwoods

Crystal Lake South was pesky yesterday. The Demirov kid was the best offensive player on the floor. But that DePaul defense was just too much. It's pretty amazing the way they can switch and almost never end up with a mismatch down low. All five guys guard all five positions. It will be interesting to see if Kleinschmidt makes any adjustments against this 6'10' guy from Richwoods.

I'm a little disappointed in the way DePaul Nation is traveling. The student section has been weak. A lot of the DePaul crowd has been old heads from Gordon Tech. Notre Dame, New Trier, and Crystal Lake South had giant student sections that were very, very loud. Yesterday definitely played like an away game for DePaul.

Like I said, I'm not sure DePaul can beat Mt. Carmel a second time. Ciarvino is one of the fews guys I've seen this season who could regularly get his shot off against the DePaul defense. The one advantage DePaul has is that they've played so many State Finals games at the Assembly Hall over the last couple seasons, they won't be going in there all wide-eyed.

I should also note that Glenbard North has a pretty good and fairly young team. They just could not handle New Trier's three point shooting. They have a really steady junior point guard named Jack Schager. I was sitting amidst his large family contingent. One of the women was a MILFy broad of about 40. I don't know if it was Jack's mom or aunt, but she had possibly the greatest ass I have ever seen. It distracted me from watching 17 years olds stroking it whenever she stood up.

I'm for sure going Friday. How about you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:41 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One of the women was a MILFy broad of about 40. I don't know if it was Jack's mom or aunt, but she had possibly the greatest ass I have ever seen. It distracted me...

I like this kid's attitude!

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I will be there! I was already going to pick up my son for spring break, but now I'll be leaving just a tad earlier. 9:30 am game!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:04 am 

De Paul v Mount Carmel

CPD should have a recruiting table set up at the entry gate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:18 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
De Paul v Mount Carmel

CPD should have a recruiting table set up at the entry gate.

Hey, we're not a trade school anymore, buddy! We got an Ivy Leaguer playing point guard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

De Paul vs. Richwoods

Crystal Lake South was pesky yesterday. The Demirov kid was the best offensive player on the floor. But that DePaul defense was just too much. It's pretty amazing the way they can switch and almost never end up with a mismatch down low. All five guys guard all five positions. It will be interesting to see if Kleinschmidt makes any adjustments against this 6'10' guy from Richwoods.

I'm a little disappointed in the way DePaul Nation is traveling. The student section has been weak. A lot of the DePaul crowd has been old heads from Gordon Tech. Notre Dame, New Trier, and Crystal Lake South had giant student sections that were very, very loud. Yesterday definitely played like an away game for DePaul.

Like I said, I'm not sure DePaul can beat Mt. Carmel a second time. Ciarvino is one of the fews guys I've seen this season who could regularly get his shot off against the DePaul defense. The one advantage DePaul has is that they've played so many State Finals games at the Assembly Hall over the last couple seasons, they won't be going in there all wide-eyed.

I should also note that Glenbard North has a pretty good and fairly young team. They just could not handle New Trier's three point shooting. They have a really steady junior point guard named Jack Schager. I was sitting amidst his large family contingent. One of the women was a MILFy broad of about 40. I don't know if it was Jack's mom or aunt, but she had possibly the greatest ass I have ever seen. It distracted me from watching 17 years olds stroking it whenever she stood up.

It's Jack's aunt. And she is a personal trainer who is in her 50's btw.

Jack's dad has an extended family that rivals Tommy's, as well as mine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

3A Catholic League Battle at 5:30 p.m. tomorrow.

The only two teams to beat DePaul this season play for the 4A title at 7:30 p.m.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
3A Catholic League Battle at 5:30 p.m. tomorrow.

The only two teams to beat DePaul this season play for the 4A title at 7:30 p.m.

Gonna be a good one...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:28 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
tommy, if mount carmel makes it to the state championship in anything this year, i'll personally give you $1,350

my money's safe as we know this won't happen

looks like ima go on a shopping spree....jc penny's, five below.....maybe baskin-robbins

(fake post, btw)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:15 pm 

Congrats to Phillips. Saw them earlier in the year. Thought they were a solid team but never would have expected a title in 2a.

I loved that the best player on Phillips is a transfer from Florida who only ended up there because Kenwood and Whitney Young said they do not accept junior transfers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:17 am 

DePaul is the best team in the state. I realize they lost to Normal and H-F, but see JORR's comments below. Between their defense and their rebounding, you're just not gonna get the ball much. They don't really turn it over, either (at least not as much as other teams).

Makai Kvamme should be the MVP of the tournament. That left-handed junior can handle the ball under any pressure! I had a hilarious comment to make about him, too, but I don't want that linked here. Also perfect from the line, and that was the ballgame. I hope he gets some offers. DePaul looks like they'll be good next year, too.

My lame-ass sat in the second row (be envious) and you can see me on the telecast. I have this huge, fat head. wtf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:12 am 
Site Admin

I'm reveling in our state championship but dolphin can take solace in his Jesuits taking down Seacrest's Dominicans for the Kennedy Cup.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm reveling in our state championship but dolphin can take solace in his Jesuits taking down Seacrest's Dominicans for the Kennedy Cup.

I don't even know what that is.

I had a friend celebrating the championship yesterday with the coaching staff and alums. They were wearing GT orange shirts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I had a friend celebrating the championship yesterday with the coaching staff and alums. They were wearing GT orange shirts.

Kennedy Cup is the CCL version of the Stanley Cup.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:27 am 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Kennedy Cup games were the funnest experiences I had as a fan in high school.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:38 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:

I was hoping Kleinschmidt would have them come out for the final game in the old Gordon warmups with the orange and white striped pants. They've done it before. But I'm guessing Mary Dempsey is very conscious of branding and wants to limit associations of the current school that has positioned itself to get kids that would have gone to Ignatius or Loyola with the machine shop that I attended.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:04 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Kennedy Cup games were the funnest experiences I had as a fan in high school.

Same. I'm pretty sure we never lost a game in four years in the Kennedy Cup playoffs. Huge turnout.