It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3 days to go, fellas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
It doesn't get any better than this. I don't care that we are playing a f-ing I-AA school. I don't care that the student section won't be full since the kids don't arrive for 3 more weeks on campus. I don't care that my wife is already nagging me about "Honey Do" lists.

It's going to be Saturday soon... and that means college football. There is nothing better. NOTHING. I highly recommend EDSBS.com or EveryDayShouldBeSaturday.com It is a hilarious blog that is written by a guy who knows a thing or two about the NCAA football programs. It will satiate your CFB appetite for the next three days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:55 pm 

I have cleared out my schedule until January 2nd. The next 4 or so months are set aside for watching Purdue's Rose Bowl Season!(or Capital One, or Outback, or a lower bowl).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:23 am 

Whatever happens to Purdue, it will be fun to watch. You have a legitimate arsenal on offense. Assuming Tiller lets Painter air it out, which he undoubtedly will, it will be a VERY fun season for the Boilermakers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:35 am 

I don't know about the players but my significant other was already in mid season form yesterday. I was told that I was lazy, that other family members did more and for the knockout blow, the family was coming over for a party on Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 am 

Sounds like your wife and my wife should get together and go bowling. Congrats on the 7,000th post, my friend.

Post subject: Re: 3 days to go, fellas
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:32 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
It doesn't get any better than this.

Yes, it does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:33 am 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
Whatever happens to Purdue, it will be fun to watch. You have a legitimate arsenal on offense. Assuming Tiller lets Painter air it out, which he undoubtedly will, it will be a VERY fun season for the Boilermakers.

Stopping teams on the other hand might be an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:47 am 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
Sounds like your wife and my wife should get together and go bowling. Congrats on the 7,000th post, my friend.

I, on the other hand, am very lucky that my wife loves to watch and attend college football games. So here we go, on to Madison for game 1.

Looks like I'll be calling Direct TV after the Iowa game.

Post subject: Late breaking news.....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:49 am 

Comcast, Big Ten Network resolve dispute with beer pong match
Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2007

Comcast and the Big Ten finally settled their long battle over Comcast's terms for carrying the conference's new Big Ten Network on its cable lineup. After traditional negotiations broke down, the sides agreed to take their case to an arbitrator who decided the two parties should resolve their dispute in a best two out of three beer pong match.

"Maybe choosing the fourth floor R.A. of Iowa's Burge dormitory to serve as the arbitrator wasn't as great an idea it seemed," said Comcast spokesperson Craig Miles. "But they were successful in resolving several conflicts over tailgating spots last year."

Even the negotiations for the rules of the game were contentious, Comcast wanted to play with paddles and the Big Ten wanted a no-bounce rule. Discussions were so heated that at one point Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany walked out of the room.

"If that's how you want to play beer pong tell your sisters at the sorority house I said hello," said Delany, throwing his hands in the air.

The match came down to the final game when Delany shook off a 0-8 streak and drilled three straight cups to win the game. A jubilant Delany took off his shirt and starting running around the room yelling "Oh my god that's clutch! Robert Horry and Joe Montana ain't got nothing on me!"

By Rich Fruin The Heckler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:14 pm 

Badger Vince wrote:
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:

I, on the other hand, am very lucky that my wife loves to watch and attend college football games. So here we go, on to Madison for game 1.

Looks like I'll be calling Direct TV after the Iowa game.

Might see you up there in Madtown for that game. Got neighbor Badger fans with an extra pair.

I'll be at Solidier Field this week, Kinnick next...and then watching Iowa State/Iowa on the Versus (WTF)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 pm 

dude... absolutely loved the Comcast story. My office is right across the street from the Big 10 office. I thought I'd go over there and challenge Delaney right now.

Vince... a sold out Soldier field, a rockin' new Kinnick stadium, the craziness of Camp Randall? You are going to have an awesome fall, my friend.