It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michigan....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:21 pm 

Wow.. just wow. I flipped back to the Mich-Ore game, saw the score and assumed it was nearly over. Nope, it's 32-7 at the half.

They are miserable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:32 pm 

The defense is pathetic. They cannot defend against the pass. Henne looks terrible. Lloyd Carr may not make it to the Big Ten season if this keeps up. I hope that Michigan doesn't get it together and do great in the Big Ten and make the whole conference look bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Ugly. In my worst dreams I couldn't think that Chad Henne, Arrington and Maningham, Hart, and an O-line anchored by Jake Long couldn't force more points on the board. With this much talent, I have officially joined the fire Lloyd Carr bandwagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:40 pm 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
Ugly. In my worst dreams I couldn't think that Chad Henne, Arrington and Maningham, Hart, and an O-line anchored by Jake Long couldn't force more points on the board. With this much talent, I have officially joined the fire Lloyd Carr bandwagon.

With how they are playing, I hope Lloyd Carr stays at Michigan for a long time.

Sadly, they will still beat Purdue this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Every team in the Big Ten has a win... except Michigan. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The only time I root for Michigan is when they play Notre Dame. Too bad someone has to win next week. Since GO BLOW has already buried themselves, I have to root for them to derail the "Clausen for 4 consecutive Heismans" train before it starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm 

hootmon wrote:
The only time I root for Michigan is when they play Notre Dame. Too bad someone has to win next week. Since GO BLOW has already buried themselves, I have to root for them to derail the "Clausen for 4 consecutive Heismans" train before it starts.

I think that Mike Patrick yesterday already started the campaign. He was special even when a pass was incomplete or intercepted. It was amazingly over the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:27 am 

I'm starting to see some parallels between Henne and Drew Tate. Great as a soph. Good as a junior and continued regression to bad as a senior. I blame Drew tate for alot of the struggles last year, and I would guess Michigan will start calling for Henne to sit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:46 am 

I only saw highlights... was Henne as bad as you suggest? Or was it bad playcalling, protection, dumb mistakes, or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
I only saw highlights... was Henne as bad as you suggest? Or was it bad playcalling, protection, dumb mistakes, or what?

Michigan could be looking at a 5 or 6 win season, IF they put things back together...

Everyone will run the spread against them...

Michigan is beyond horrible. I thought Michigan would rebound against Oregon, but instead, they quit in the 2nd quarter after being down. This team, outside of Mike Hart, has no "Hart". Terrible. Henne is inconsistent, the O-line is bad other than Jake Long, they have decent WR's other than Manningham, and their defense is atrocious.

Fun Michigan Fact: Oregon gave up 550 or so yards to Houston in week 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:54 am 

BD wrote:
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:

Michigan could be looking at a 5 or 6 win season, IF they put things back together...

Michigan is beyond horrible. I thought Michigan would rebound against Oregon, but instead, they quit in the 2nd quarter after being down. This team, outside of Mike Hart, has no "Hart". Terrible. Henne is inconsistent, the O-line is bad other than Jake Long, they have decent WR's other than Manningham, and their defense is atrocious.

Fun Michigan Fact: Oregon gave up 550 or so yards to Houston in week 1.

Michigan will pull it together. The only team left on Michigan's schedule that is a true spread offense is Purdue and Michigan will still beat the Boilermakers. Purdue never plays well at Ann Arbor. I really hope I am wrong and I would love to think Purdue will win. I guess if Purdue is able to effectively pass the ball against OSU then I will have more optimism towards that game.

Oregon is a really high powered offense and is going to make a big mark this season. They probably would win the Big Ten this year.

Michigan will find a way to win about 8 games this year and make it to a decent bowl. Carr is gone and Les Miles from LSU will take over with a massive contract next year.

I agree that Henne looks bad and there are reports that his leg is broken and that he is going to be out for 4-6 weeks. He probably won't play for Michigan again as Mallet is a highly regarded QB.

All the Big Ten teams that thought Michigan was the class of the conference no longer are going to feel that way. The Big Ten is wide open this year as even Wisconsin didn't look like world beaters against UNLV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:01 pm 

Quote:

I read someone's column and they called the Spread Offense "The Great Equalizer"... I like that. I can tell you that the spread was responsible for NU doing well with subpar talent in the Kustok and Basanez years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The defense is pathetic. They cannot defend against the pass. Henne looks terrible. Lloyd Carr may not make it to the Big Ten season if this keeps up. I hope that Michigan doesn't get it together and do great in the Big Ten and make the whole conference look bad.

That would be funny, but I wouldn't count on it. Michigan looked bad in the little I saw them against the Ducks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:47 pm 

Welcome UGA! We needed a little SEC presence here. Sometimes I get a little bored with the B10. Give us some SEC nuggets.