It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:40 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
HMMMMM.

Let's get it out of the way, yes, I watch the Ron Zook Show. Anyway, they did a special on Juice and they mentioned that he meets weekly? with his mentor - "a member of the community who drops by just to talk".

This member of the community is a 70 year-old frail looking white woman who proceeds to ask him whether he is out "catting around". He said he was too tired to run around at night. I just thought it was funny.

I never had to do that kind of stuff when I was in college. I barely talked to my own mother and certainly didn't talk about my "catting" routines with a member of the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:43 am 

After she is finished does she go to Ron Zook and teach him in game strategy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:49 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
His in-game strategy was suspect in that 63-10 loss to Penn St. I went to two years ago.

I remember sitting there at halftime when we were losing 56-3, thinking Zook really should have run blitzed on that 3rd down play on the 7th touchdown drive that half. Zook really blew that 3-0 lead he had.

I'm just glad that we are competitive enough to have in-game strategy now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:51 am 

In all seriousness, Ron Zook has made the program better. I'm beginning to believe in him just a little bit. This IU game is huge for both schools. I hope that Illinois rolls over the Hoosiers but I think it will be close.

I'm interested to see if a Juice/McGee QB controversy erupts if the Illini lose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:01 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm interested to see if a Juice/McGee QB controversy erupts if the Illini lose.

It won't happen. Juice is too talented. He is better this year than last and he runs the ball better than McGee. I thought after the first game, maybe McGee could be a factor. But, having seen Williams the last two games, you can see he's improving throwing the ball and he already runs really well. He is their best option for the next 2-3 years.

With Juice and Mendenhall, the Illini can really run the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

On Saturdays, I'm hoping you've got Burns with an Illini helmet, Ken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:05 pm 

You are probably right and I am positive that you have caught more Illini football than I have since I missed the whole Syracuse game. I see the Illini opponents putting up as many people on the line as they can and forcing Juice to throw the ball. He is quick enough to avoid them and still run but when playing a team that is really quick on defense he won't have as much success.

Luckily for the Illini, about half the Big Ten seems to have a slow defense so it should work well. He should absolutely light up the Hoosiers defense on Saturday though.