It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
If OSU loses tonight, you are going to hear a lot of discussion this week about how weak the Big 10 is:

Sports Talking Head: This loss shows you that the Big 10 just does not have the prominent programs of other major conferences. These "three yards and a cloud of dust" just cannot compete against the faster conferences.

If OSU wins tonight, you'll hear a lot about how weak the Big 10 is:

Sports Talking Head: We just saw that OSU is light-years ahead of the other teams in this division. Wisconsin just lost to an unranked team. Purdue, the other ranked team in the Big 10, just lost. Michigan State lost on the road. Michigan isn't what it used to be. I gotta tell you, this conference has no depth after OSU.

These things write themselves!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Having turned off the Cubs for the season, my eyes have wandered onto the OSU/Purdue game. Initial thoughts:

OSU has more of a vertical passing game than I had realized. Boeckman is consistantly putting medium and long-range passes on the money.

Purdue skill players are doing a whole lot of dancing, turning 5 yard plays into two yard plays. They seem a little tight, and this one might be over before they get a chance to loosen up.