It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iowa/Purdue
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:37 pm 

This is it. The biggest game this year in the Big Ten.

Purdue needs to win this game to salvage their season. 7-5 is not good enough this year. Iowa/Purdue is always a tough game but Iowa doesn't look like the same team this year.

Iowa had a big win against Illinois and is dangerous. I don't think Iowa's defense is as good as OSU or Michigan but they may be able to shut down the Boilermaker offense which still is high powered even if they slept through the past two games.

The gauntlet has been thrown down Hawkeye Vince!

Purdue wins by 10!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:37 pm 

Hold your horses - I'm going to savor the weekend a bit longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:40 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Forgive me if I'm ready to forget it even happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:49 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:

I am waiting in eager anticipation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:59 am 

OK, here is my take on the game. OSU and Michigan exposed Purdue offense as one dimensional when they shut down the running attack. If Iowa does one thing well, it's stop the run. Painter will be forced to throw often. Iowa's Pass D is not the best in the world but typically keeps the receivers in front of them. This will limit the big gains. While their O looked better last week, Iowa didn't finish drives. I think Purdue wins in a nailbiter in Ross Ade - 20-13.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
One dimensional? I have to disagree there. Purdue has a valid air assualt. It's gonna be a good game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
OK, here is my take on the game. OSU and Michigan exposed Purdue offense as one dimensional when they shut down the running attack. If Iowa does one thing well, it's stop the run. Painter will be forced to throw often. Iowa's Pass D is not the best in the world but typically keeps the receivers in front of them. This will limit the big gains. While their O looked better last week, Iowa didn't finish drives. I think Purdue wins in a nailbiter in Ross Ade - 20-13.

I agree that Purdue was bad vs. Ohio State and Michigan, but I don't know if exposed is the right word. I think that both teams were just that much better than Purdue. Both teams were stronger and bigger and our QB didn't play very well.

No offense to Iowa, but if they can do the same thing to Purdue then I think we are exposed. Michigan and OSU are going to end the season as top ten teams and Purdue doesn't belong there or anywhere close.

I said before the Michigan game that Purdue would lose and the Purdue/Iowa game would be to save Purdue's season. This is 100% true. Things look bad at Purdue as we not only lost, but had one of the worst showings I have seen us have.

Purdue has to bounce back and get it on track. The offense is still good, and our best running back is supposed to returning for the game which should give us a big boost.

I think that Purdue gets out to a quick start and is able to keep the lead to win the game. If Purdue loses, then you are witnessing the end of the Joe Tiller era.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:37 am 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
One dimensional? I have to disagree there. Purdue has a valid air assualt. It's gonna be a good game.

Purdue's offense is best when it is both striking on the ground and through the air. OSU and Michigan shut down the run and forced Purdue to the air solely and look at the final scores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:41 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:

As an addition to the running attack comment, our best running back has been out for a few weeks but is supposed to return for the Iowa game. We were relying on a good but turnover prone backup running back and a true freshman(Dan Dierking). I think you will be surprised how we actually are able to run the ball, because unlike UofI you have to defend our passing attack first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:47 am 

And Iowa will be distracted.... by her....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

As an addition to the running attack comment, our best running back has been out for a few weeks but is supposed to return for the Iowa game. We were relying on a good but turnover prone backup running back and a true freshman(Dan Dierking). I think you will be surprised how we actually are able to run the ball, because unlike UofI you have to defend our passing attack first.

I am not discounting the passing attack one bit. If Iowa can stop the run game, it will make it a more interesting game. Dierking is a nice back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:32 am 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
And Iowa will be distracted.... by her....

We have our own golden girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 pm 

Doooooooood... if you can get a full ride to twirl a little stick... god bless ya. I got three girls and I think I need to start thinking about funding college!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:35 pm 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
Doooooooood... if you can get a full ride to twirl a little stick... god bless ya. I got three girls and I think I need to start thinking about funding college!

I would not recommend telling them that they get through college by twirling a stick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:

I would not recommend telling them that they get through college by twirling a stick.

Yes, I recommend telling them to stay off the pole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Though sucking up is a sure way to get ahead (a head?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:47 pm 

Quote:

Thanks, Chris Rock. I'll remember that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:40 pm 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, Chris Rock. I'll remember that.

I used that one with my daughter a number of times - typically it's the banister I am talking about but it does fit a number of different situations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:11 am 

Can someone remind Iowa that they had success running the ball last week and they don't need to throw the ball more than run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:31 pm 

Talk about a team that is so frustrating.

Post subject: Re: Iowa/Purdue
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What ?

Post subject: Re: Iowa/Purdue
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:51 pm 

BD wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What ?

Every Purdue game is the biggest game of the year.