Iowa @ Purdue -7
NIU @ Wisconsin -23.5
MSU @ OSU -17
Michigan -2.5 @ Illinois
ND State @ Minnesota - no line

Post subject: Re: Week 8 Lines
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Northwestern -10 @ Eastern Michigan Should I go against my rule and not pick Northwestern when they are favored by more than a point? Hell no. I love my Cats and they should EASILY beat the spread, but I'm too worried they play up to the level of the competition. Can you say trap game? Cat's win in (what else?) a triple over time victory. :D Give the points and pick EMU.

Penn State -7 @ Indiana I hate this game more than the Iowa/Purdue game. It's homecoming for the Hoosiers and they've been doing better than expected. Still, Morelli seems to have gained more confidence and PSU's defense appears to be playing better. Give the points and pick Penn State.

Iowa @ Purdue -7 This game is an automatic loss for me. I never know which Iowa team will show up. I'm guessing the Boiler offense gets back on track and shows the Hawkeyes what they can do in West Lafyette. Painter paints the town gold and black. Give the points and pick Purdue.

NIU @ Wisconsin -23.5 Wow is NIU having a bad year. Still, Wisco struggled with some other unranked teams this year. 23.5 is too many points despite the Huskies hardships. Take the points and pick NIU.

MSU @ dOSU -17 Buckeyes win, but Dantonio keeps it closer than most think. Javon Ringer is a world class playmaker. Take the points and pick dOSU.

Michigan -2.5 @ Illinois Michigan is getting too much love for coming back after the horrible early season losses. It's at Illinois and I think Illini will get back on track. Mendenhall will run and catch his way into Illinois record books. Take the points and pick Illinois.

ND State @ Minnesota - no line Brewster's Millions (makes no sense, I know, but I was just begging to use that one)... Weber is getting better each week. Minnesota wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:17 pm 

NU
IU
PU
OSU
UM
UW

Post subject: Re: Week 8 Lines
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:52 pm 

Quote:
Northwestern -10 @ Eastern Michigan Should I go against my rule and not pick Northwestern when they are favored by more than a point? Hell no. I love my Cats and they should EASILY beat the spread, but I'm too worried they play up to the level of the competition. Can you say trap game? Cat's win in (what else?) a triple over time victory. :D Give the points and pick EMU.

Penn State -7 @ Indiana I hate this game more than the Iowa/Purdue game. It's homecoming for the Hoosiers and they've been doing better than expected. Still, Morelli seems to have gained more confidence and PSU's defense appears to be playing better. Give the points and pick Penn State.

Iowa @ Purdue -7 This game is an automatic loss for me. I never know which Iowa team will show up. I'm guessing the Boiler offense gets back on track and shows the Hawkeyes what they can do in West Lafyette. Painter paints the town gold and black. Give the points and pick Purdue.

NIU @ Wisconsin -23.5 Wow is NIU having a bad year. Still, Wisco struggled with some other unranked teams this year. 23.5 is too many points despite the Huskies hardships. Take the points and pick NIU.

MSU @ dOSU -17 Buckeyes win, but Dantonio keeps it closer than most think. Javon Ringer is a world class playmaker. Take the points and pick dOSU.

Michigan -2.5 @ Illinois Michigan is getting too much love for coming back after the horrible early season losses. It's at Illinois and I think Illini will get back on track. Mendenhall will run and catch his way into Illinois record books. Take the points and pick Illinois.

ND State @ Minnesota - no line Brewster's Millions (makes no sense, I know, but I was just begging to use that one)... Weber is getting better each week. Minnesota wins.

I'm calling an audible (I'm allowed to do that right??) and changing my NU vs. EMU pick to Take Northwestern and give the points. The reason is this:

"QB Schmitt, who threw for four touchdowns in the Eagles' 48-42 loss to Ohio last week, is questionable for Friday's game with an injured shoulder. He is day-to-day and will be a game-time decision. If he doesn't play, true freshman Kyle McMahon will get the start and he has been shaky in spot duty. He is just 6-for-18 passing for 99 yards on the year, with two touchdowns and three interceptions."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:07 am 

Looks like the EMU QB is out this week... the frosh backup will be in. If we don't win this game, I may have to defficate on Ryan Field this evening.