It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Projected BCS Championship:

1. OSU - Preseason, I had them 11-1 with a loss this week to Penn State. Clearly, OSU is better and Penn State is worse than early opinions. I am very biases, so obviously I see them running the table and playing in the big show.

2. Boston College - They haven't played anyone of real substance other than Georgia Tech, which is fine. But like OSU, they will be tested severely from here on out. BC has to get through #8 Va Tech on Thursday in Blacksburg, Florida State, at Maryland, at Clemson, and then home against Miami. I'm guessing they lose two of these games, against Va Tech and Clemson, both on the road, and drop into the teens.

3. LSU - LSU has survived again. Before it was against Florida on a gutsy call, and now against Auburn on a gutsier call. Les Miles has stones the size of Casaba melons, that's for sure. These guys have tough wins against Va Tech, South Carolina, Florida, and Auburn...all at home. Their only road ranked game, they lost to Kentucky in triple OT. LSU finds a way and really only has two very tough games left. They play on the road against Alabama and then play in a nuetral SEC Championship game, likely against Florida or Kentucky, both games they struggled with. They also play unranked Arkansas at home. I see them losing the SEC Championship game to a Florida team that dominated them for 58 minutes, before losing at the end of the game.

4. Arizona State - ASU has not played or beaten a single ranked team, and while that doesn't mean a whole lot because of how dominating they've looked in most of those games, they also have the meat of the schedule in front of them, starting this weekend against Cal at home. They still have to play Cal and USC at home, Oregon and UCLA on the road. I see these guys losing two of these, likely to Oregon on the road and against USC, and maybe a 3rd to Cal this week if they haven't cashed in their chips after a tough loss to UCLA last week. ASU finishes 9-3 or 10-2.

5. Oregon - Oregon has tough wins over Michigan (better than initially thought) and Washington, but lost to the only other currently ranked team they played, Cal. That was a tough game and they fell a yard or two short of tying it up in the late minutes or Oregon is #2 right now. As has been our theme, the meat is in front of them still with games at home against Arizona State and USC, both top 15 teams, and a road trip to UCLA in late November. I see Oregon losing one of these, likely to USC this week.

6. Oklahoma - After losing a heart breaker to Colorado, despite dominating them in the 1st half of the game 24-0, Oklahoma has taken apart Texas and Missouri, both ranked teams. These guys don't play a single ranked team to close out the season, with games left against Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State. None are pushovers, but Oklahoma should be sizeable favorites in each. Then they have to get through the Big 12 championship, which right now, looks like either Kansas or a Missouri team they already hung 41 on in their first matchup. I see Oklahoma running the table from here on out.

My National Championship Game prediction:

Ohio State vs. Oklahoma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
well, I may be biased, but I see a new number 1 and number 2 in the BCS on Sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:21 am 
1000 CLUB

Psycory wrote:
well, I may be biased, but I see a new number 1 and number 2 in the BCS on Sunday.

If the season thus far is any indication, you may be right.

BC at VT and OSU at Penn ST - two tough games. Upsets could happen in both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:28 am 

Yeah, I'm also looking at the history of OSU at Happy Valley. For some reason, Penn State gets up for that game. Not to mention it will be at night, I think it will be a close game and I'm just mad I didn't get tickets for it.

I also don't like BC for the reasons you stated, I don't even see this game being close..but I could be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
That will be a game of the week. Happy Valley is an interesting place to go see a game. It's in the middle of frickin' nowhere (makes Columbus seem like NYC), but they do show up for the games. I'll be interested to see which Anthony Morelli shows up for the game. He's an enigma, IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:51 am 

OSU will not lose a Big Ten game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
OSU will not lose a Big Ten game.

They shouldn't, but they do have a tough remaining schedule with Penn St, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan all on the schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:13 pm 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
That will be a game of the week. Happy Valley is an interesting place to go see a game. It's in the middle of frickin' nowhere

Totally agree. Ugly stadium too, my penn state brethren get mad at me when I say that, but it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:49 am 
1000 CLUB

I still see Boston College losing 1 of their regular season games and losing the rematch with Va Tech in the ACC Championship. I see Arizona State losing next week to Oregon.

All of that being said, I think LSU got a huge boost with Tennessee beating South Carolina and Florida losing again. Now, they are looking at Tennessee in the SEC Championship if Tennessee wins out. They still have to roll through Alabama on the road, which is no cupcake though. Then there's Oregon. They'll play Arizona State next week and I think they win. Then they have an easy schedule after that and no Conference Championship. I think they win out. That leaves Oklahoma as the odd man out, despite a fairly easy schedule and a likely Big 12 matchup with Kansas or Missouri (I'm banking on Missouri).

LSU will actually take a hit from playing a 3+ loss team in the SEC Championship, so Oregon has a great chance to leap them with a big win over Arizona State.

Right now, I see OSU winning out (still not easy) and playing either LSU or Oregon (45%/45% each) with a 10% chance its someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

1. Boston College will lose one regular season game and the ACC Championship against Va Tech in the rematch.

2. LSU will lose to either Alabama on the road or to Georgia in the ACC Championship. If they play Tennessee in the title game, they could run it.

3. Arizona State will drop a pair of their remaining games, beginning with Oregon this week.

4. Oregon will run the table if they can get by Arizona State, which I think they will.

5. Oklahoma will run the table, and probably beat Missouri in the Big 12 Championship game, but it won't be enough to catch Oregon.

6. West Virginia will lose one more game this year.

7. Kansas will lose to Missouri at the end of the year or to Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship, or both.

8. Missouri will beat Kansas in the final game of the year, but lose to Oklahoma in the Title game.

9. Georgia will lose another game, either in the regular season or in the SEC Championship game.

I think OSU will play Oregon or Oklahoma, but there is a long way to go. If Tennessee gets to the SEC Championship, OSU could be facing LSU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:25 pm 

I don't like it but I see OSU doing well this year too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:17 am 
1000 CLUB

1. OSU's combination of balance and remaining schedule against solid, but not better teams, makes them the front runner to make it to New Orleans. Chance to dance = 60%.

2. Boston College will likely drop one of its final four regular season games against Florida State, Maryland, Clemson, and Miami...and then they will probably lose again in the ACC Championship in the rematch to an angry Virginia Tech that watched a game they dominated slip away in the final four minutes. Chance to dance = 10%.

3. LSU has a pair of tough games left, barring a let down in one of the others. Alabama on the road and then the SEC Championship, which may be against Georgia. If its Georgia, I think they lose one of these two games, but if its Tennessee (who controls their own destiny), I think its their's to lose. Chance to dance = 40%.

4. Arizona State has almost no shot. They have to wade through a combo of Oregon and UCLA on the road, and home tilts with USC and Arizona to close her out. I think they drop at least two of these games and maybe three. Chance to Dance = 5%.

5. Oregon needs to squeeze by Arizona State, which I think they will, and then they should beat Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State. I think they win out, but can they jump LSU if both win out? Tough to tell at this point. Both will have solid resumes. Chance to dance = 35%.

6. Oklahoma is another that is coming up just short. A loss to an unranked opponent doesn't look good. They should win out against Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State. Then a tough conference title game if they play Missouri, which I expect they will. They should win that, but Oregon and LSU in front hurts. Chance to dance = 15%.

7. West Virginia is pretty much done. They should roll through Louisville and Pitt and should beat Cincinnati and UCONN, who are both solid teams. That being said, with LSU, Oregon, and Oklahoma likely to spot one of those a clean run through, West Virginia should be on the outside looking in. Chance to dance = 5%.

8. Kansas has had a breakout season by having a solid running game, not turning the ball over, and playing solid DEFENSE (hear that, Jeff?). That being said, they will lose one or both of the games against Missouri at the end of the year or in the Big 12 Championship against Oklahoma. Plus, with those in front...chance to dance = 1% even if they do run the table and go undefeated.

9. Missouri has to roll through Kansas and Oklahoma. They will beat one, but not the other. Either way, a clean sweep guarantees them nothing but a Big 12 championship. It will take an act of God to put them in the big show. Chance to dance = 0.0000000000000001%.