It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iowa at Northwestern
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:08 am 
1000 CLUB

Must win game for the 'Cats. I am really looking forward to this one . . . although I'll only be there for the third quarter :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:11 am 

Must win for the Hawkeyes too to keep up the momentum into the two final home games ;-)

I'm still working to see if I can get tickets at a discount since I won't pay 50 per ticket at Ryan Field...It's not Kinnick, yeah know. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Must win for the Hawkeyes too to keep up the momentum into the two final home games ;-)

I'm still working to see if I can get tickets at a discount since I won't pay 50 per ticket at Ryan Field...It's not Kinnick, yeah know. :-)

You wont' need to spend $50. You should be able to buy cheap endzone seats, then sit with the hawk fans on the north side of Ryan field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:18 am 

NSJ wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

You wont' need to spend $50. You should be able to buy cheap endzone seats, then sit with the hawk fans on the north side of Ryan field.

Don't they take up the whole stadium? ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:32 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Vince, I'm thinking about going to now. However, it's going to make for a crowded weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Vince,
I wish I would've known. I would have given you my 40 yard line seats. I can't go this weekend. I gave them to another guy at work who wanted to go. You won't have a problem getting tix. Iowa fans always show up big, but I think there will still be sufficient seats available on game day.

Also, question for NSJ. If we win the Iowa and Indiana games.... Road trip to CHampa-tucky for the Illini game???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

If wifey allows, for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:36 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Vince, I'm thinking about going to now. However, it's going to make for a crowded weekend.

Yeah, I'm trying to see how I can squeeze it in myself. Wife has got plans for something. Was thinking of taking my old man, but he's a puss when it gets below about 70 so he might not like a 55 degree day and winds off the lake :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yea, I wanted to be in Indy at 7 that night so I don't know. Do I want to see Iowa disappoint yet again @ Ryan? Not really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:52 pm 

It IS an Iowa home game... I like to call Ryan Field, Kinnick East when the Hawkeyes come to Evanston. I still remember that victory 2 years ago when Baz took it to Greenway & crew. It was one of the best games I've ever been to... unfortunately I could only share it with the 3 other NU fans who bothered to stay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:34 pm 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
It IS an Iowa home game... I like to call Ryan Field, Kinnick East when the Hawkeyes come to Evanston. I still remember that victory 2 years ago when Baz took it to Greenway & crew. It was one of the best games I've ever been to... unfortunately I could only share it with the 3 other NU fans who bothered to stay!

Iowa handed that over on a silver platter....well, and the poor call on Mike Humpal but we won't go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:52 pm 

Quote:
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:

Iowa handed that over on a silver platter....well, and the poor call on Mike Humpal but we won't go there.

I was personally glad to see Greenway lose that day... laughing on the sidelines and some cheap shots on Baz to boot. Wish him well in his pro career, but didn't like him much that day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:32 pm 

Interesting game so far. NU has moved it up and down the field and Iowa finally found some offensive rhythm. If NU can score before the half, any momentum that Iowa had from the score will go away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:58 pm 

Oh yeah, keep the fucking kids off the field NU - thanks.

How cute

God, is this a high school game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:49 pm 

This has turned into a rough and tumble Big Ten football game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:22 pm 

Iowa is up by 11....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:40 pm 

CJ Bacher who?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:59 pm 

My synopsis of the game:

Iowa is finally reaping some rewards from having to play so many young players. Last week out of the 58 guys that played against MSU, 29 were freshman. On offense, Jake Christensen finally calmed down and had his best game as a Hawkeye, just missing 300 yards passing. The running game wasn't as smooth as last week, but they did get some tough yards along the way. On D, they came after Bacher. The freshman D Line with Clayborn and Ballard were all over him all day. They will be fun to watch in a couple of years.They also forced bacher into bad throws and probably his worst game of the year.

This team has got alot of heart. Down 14-0 for the second time in two weeks and to hold such a high powered offense to 3 points the rest of the way is certainly something to hang your hat on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
HV:

No argument with any of your points. The pressure on Bacher was key.

I noticed how young Iowa's line was on both sides of the ball. Bodes
well for the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:10 am 

We played 3 quarters against Purdue, 3 quarters against Michigan and 3 quarters against Iowa. Just can't win football games like that. I'm not taking anything away from Iowa. They looked good. When everyone is healthy, I think they'll be a force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:29 am 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
We played 3 quarters against Purdue, 3 quarters against Michigan and 3 quarters against Iowa. Just can't win football games like that. I'm not taking anything away from Iowa. They looked good. When everyone is healthy, I think they'll be a force.

Not to be a smart ass, but I'd give NU for playing 29 minutes but they didn't do much after getting FG blocked at the end of the half. That and the TD really swung big mo to Iowa's sideline