It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Final Week 12 Pick 'em
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
I was out of town in London and no one picked up the slack? What a fine group of friends you turned out to be! Just kidding.

Here are the lines...

WMichigan @ Iowa -14 This is who you schedule on rivalry week?!?

Penn State -2.5 @ Michigan St. Potential Dantonio redemption game.

Purdue -2 @ Indiana Since Indiana only has 2 real football schools now.

Ohio State -4.5 @ Michigan How much have the 30 second advert slots during this game declined in price from a week ago?

Wisconsin -14 @ Minnesota Annual battle of the rodents

NU @ Illinois -13.5 Can the kitties spoil a BCS trip for the Illini? Prolly not, but the "Hey Hey, It's OK. You're gonna work for us someday" cheer still works.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
WMichigan @ Iowa -14 Keep the good feeling going for the black and yellow bumblebees. At minimum, it will give Hawkeye Vince (CSFMB's own resident optimist) something positive to talk about over the next 9 months. Give the points and pick Iowa.

Penn State -2.5 @ Michigan St. I really couldn't care less about this game. I really just want Dantonio to win to make me give a rat's ass about MSU football. Take the points and pick the Spartans.

Purdue -2 @ Indiana I can't believe it is only two, particularly after Indiana's loss to NU. That game was statistically dominated by NU and NU was statistically dominated by Purdue... transitive property gives it to Purdue by a wide margin. Give the points and pick Purdue.

Ohio State -4.5 @ Michigan Ahhhh the wonderful smell of the Lloyd Car goodbye game. Coach McSweatervest will have his boys prepared for a predictable Michigan offense (not like last weekend's Illini team, mind you). Give the points and pick dOSU.

Wisconsin -14 @ Minnesota Annual battle of the rodents goes to Wisco. Minny just wants the season to be over. I wouldn't be surprised to see more red in the stands than gold and maroon. Odds are they bring their radios and play "Jump Around" to get the dome a rockin'. Give the points and pick Wiscy.

NU @ Illinois -13.5 If anyone is going to screw up a good thing, his name is either Ron Zook or Juice Williams. Besides who doesn't want a half-Asian to do well? If you don't you are all racist Nazis... BRING BACK TIMMY CHANG!!!! Take the points and pick NU.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:00 pm 

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
I was out of town in London and no one picked up the slack? What a fine group of friends you turned out to be! Just kidding.

Here are the lines...

WMichigan @ Iowa -14 This is who you schedule on rivalry week?!?

Penn State -2.5 @ Michigan St. Potential Dantonio redemption game.

Purdue -2 @ Indiana Since Indiana only has 2 real football schools now.

Ohio State -4.5 @ Michigan How much have the 30 second advert slots during this game declined in price from a week ago?

Wisconsin -14 @ Minnesota Annual battle of the rodents

NU @ Illinois -13.5 Can the kitties spoil a BCS trip for the Illini? Prolly not, but the "Hey Hey, It's OK. You're gonna work for us someday" cheer still works.

It was Iowa's Big Ten bye week - that's why they have WMU this week. They had their big rivalry last week against Minny.

Picks:
WMU +14 - Iowa wins, plans bowl excursion.
MSU +2.5 - For some reason, I think the Spartans will win.
Purdue -2 - Purdue wins, fans wish for more from Tiller
Michigan +4.5 - Win one for Lloyd Carr since the rumor is he'll retire Monday
Minnesota +14 - Minny finds an offense and covers
Illinois -13.5 - NU, meet woodshed.