It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Northwestern Hoops
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:31 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Northwestern lost to Robert Morris NAIA school. Any Division 1 team that lose to a college named sfter a bad actor of the '50's/60's should be ashamed of it's self. Thet would be like the Globetrotters' losing to the Washington Generals!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for the coach to go back to the Ivy League.

I'm out.

Post subject: Re: Northwestern Hoops
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
No excuse, but they are ranked #2 in the NAIA... still no excuse. Carmody hopefully will be gone by the end of the year... but even I know that the administration will be as complacent as always. The futility of NU basketball continues!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:22 pm 

Northwestern should have won this game but Robert Morris has a roster filled with D1 players. Jerwin Calloway was a 2008 NIU recruit but he didn't make the grades so now he's on Robert Morris. He was their second leading scorer with 14 points. Robert Morris also has Indiana transfer DeAndre Thomas. Nonetheless, with the way Northwestern has been recruiting lately they should not be losing to non-D1 teams.

Go Huskies!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
No excuse, but they are ranked #2 in the NAIA... still no excuse. Carmody hopefully will be gone by the end of the year... but even I know that the administration will be as complacent as always. The futility of NU basketball continues!

I believe this is Bill Carmody's 8th season coming up in Evanston, and Northwestern has been an annual punching bag in the Big Ten conference every year, even before his arrival. Chicago basketball has been terrible in recent years, and it's not just the Bulls in the NBA that have been awful. The Scatman Crothers-looking Jimmy Collins and UIC were terrible, Jerry Wainwright & DePaul have been non-competitive in the Big East Conference, plus Loyola-Chicago & Northern Illinois were nothing to write home about...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:51 pm 

SHARK wrote:
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:

I believe this is Bill Carmody's 8th season coming up in Evanston, and Northwestern has been an annual punching bag in the Big Ten conference every year, even before his arrival. Chicago basketball has been terrible in recent years, and it's not just the Bulls in the NBA that have been awful. The Scatman Crothers-looking Jimmy Collins and UIC were terrible, Jerry Wainwright & DePaul have been non-competitive in the Big East Conference, plus Loyola-Chicago & Northern Illinois were nothing to write home about...

I agree about NIU Basketball. However, we got rid of the problem last year. Rob Judson was not a good coach and our current head coach Ricardo Patton has laid a good foundation in his second season. Problem is we only have five returning players this season and none of those players has more than one year of D1 playing experience. We have 10 newcomers and 46% of our roster is freshmen. Our starting five includes two true freshmen, a redshirt walk-on freshman, and two sophomores. We're looking to next year and two years from now to start having a winning team again.

Go Huskies!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Here's the problem though...Will Ricardo still be coaching NIU when his players and his team get real good again?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:31 am 

SHARK wrote:
Here's the problem though...Will Ricardo still be coaching NIU when his players and his team get real good again?

I guess that depends on how old he is and what job offers he gets. He's currently the highest paid coach in the MAC. I think he's going to need to bring us to a couple of postseason tourneys and 20-win seasons before being offered a good job. Nonetheless, if he can get us back to winning ways then he'll have left NIU in a good spot to find another quality coach.

Since i last posted in this thread we're off to a 2-1 start on the season.

Go Huskies!!!