It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DePaul Misery
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm 

SHARK wrote:
spanky wrote:
I am more than reasonbly sure about this: The Big East made a new rule this year that all 16 teams get in the conference tourney. Unlike previous years where the bottom 4 did not qualify.

Spanky, it doesn't seem right if that's the case...The Big East is loaded with really good basketball teams again this season, and DePaul is NOT one of them.

Why is it wrong for a team in the Big East to make the Big East conference tournament?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
I wasn't aware of the new rule... :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:24 pm 

Tonight, the Blue Demons host Seton Hall at Allstate Arena in a game broadcast on ESPNU, which I believe is DIRECTV 614, and will be live on 670 "The SCORE" at 8p. Is this the game Jerry Wainwright's guys FINALLY win in the rugged Big East or could they go winless in conference play? They'll be at #5 Louisville Sunday & a rematch Saturday, February 21st at #4 Pittsburgh, win or lose tonight in Rosemont. I did hear the sound of "Taps" near the end of "Boers & Bernstein" yesterday afternoon in regards to DePaul's program & Wainwright's radio show that aired last night...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
BOBBY KNIGHT :idea:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:40 pm 

Chilli Palmer wrote:
BOBBY KNIGHT :idea:

I don't think the "General" can whip this sorry program back into shape, Chilli. :( I know there has been a rumor that Georgia is looking for a new basketball coach, and Knight's name has been mentioned. DePaul got their clocks cleaned by 45 points Sunday at #5 Louisville in a game they were already down 13-0 before fans at Freedom Hall got settled in...I don't like their chances Saturday night at #4 Pittsburgh, and 670 "The SCORE's" Laurence Holmes thinks the Panthers are a Final Four team, even before their win last night at the "Mall" in Hartford vs. #1 UConn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 pm 

The misery likely continues tomorrow night when #12 Villanova visits the Allstate Arena to take on DePaul, the Blue Demons' likely 15th straight loss. :( Head coach Jerry Wainwright, who is starting to resemble either ex-Bulls' Head Coach Tim Floyd or Ed O'Neill's character "Al Bundy" on "Married...with Children", seems resigned to the likelihood that the once proud Blue Demons will go winless in the Big East Conference this season. They've got 4 games left before they somehow go to New York's Madison Square Garden to "participate" in the Big East Tournament, and I don't know if even the St. John's game Saturday in Rosemont is a winnable game for these sorry guys. WWME 23 "Me TV" & 670 "The SCORE" have these 2 games if you want to see really bad basketball in action, with Villanova visiting DePaul tomorrow @ 7p plus the St. John's visit Saturday @ 11a.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pat's
Make it happen