It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: cheese
Sad, sad times on the pristine Lincoln Park campus. What once was a program that brought joy not just to DePaul "people" but Chicago sports fans, is a flat out joke. It didn't work for Joey, fine move on. Pat "wanna buy car" Kennedy was OK. Dave "I look like Barak" Leito was fed up about taking bus rides to Rosemont for home games only to play in front of 3900 fans every nigh. Jerry was in position where he needed a job. DePaul wanted a "low key/low profile coach who wouldnt bitch and moan about the Rosemont bus rides and would be happy collecting a decent check. All that equals is what we are blessed with now. A winless season!!

ps. I have no ties to DePaul or any area schools. Just a Chicago guy who remembers sitting 3 rows from the rafters of Alumni Hall chanting "we want Sam..we want Sam" in 1982-3.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Jerry Wainwright heard the boo birds after St. John's, which isn't much better than DePaul, simply manhandled the Blue Demons Saturday afternoon at Allstate Arena. The prospects of a winless conference season seem to be a reality with a road game at West Virginia Wednesday night & a roadie at the Verizon Center Saturday at Georgetown. Here's even more proof that DePaul's not the basketball program that it once was. Once upon a time, DePaul had a national TV deal with WGN back in the day. If you're not listening to 670 "The SCORE", DePaul's radio home, good luck trying to find their games on TV. WWME 23, the Weigel Broadcasting station known as "Me TV", has been carrying a handful of Blue Demon games this season via ESPN Regional Television's Big East Network. Also, not everyone has ESPNU, which is DIRECTV 614 these days, and it costs extra to get the 24/7 college sports channel on its "Sports Pack". For the record, "Me TV" carries the West Virginia roadie Wednesday @ 6p, while ESPNU carries the finale at Georgetown Saturday. The Blue Demon program is in such shambles, I don't think anybody can fix this once-proud program. :(