It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:50 pm 

http://www.groupon.com/chicago/

Expect an inferno of fútbol on November 7 when the Fire engulf the New England Revolution in the first playoff home game of the promising postseason. Head to Toyota Park to witness the flames of victory as the New England Revolution stops revolving and starts devolving into a heap of ashen defeat. With today's Groupon, you can choose from three seating options: live it up on the Miller Lite Party Deck (must be 21 or older) for $30 (a $45 value), sit down on the pitch with stellar FieldSide seats for $99 (a $225 value), or survey the big picture from the skyway for $10 (a $26 value).

Each ticket offers a different game experience at Toyota Park stadium. If you choose the Miller Lite Party Deck tickets, your seats behind the goal (in sections 135–139) give you access to a buzzing party deck with live DJs. Start consuming free concessions, such as hotdogs, pretzels, popcorn, and four 16-ounce Miller Lites an hour and a half before kickoff (free food and drinks available until the 20th minute of play). After that, you can purchase more concessions if you haven't had your fill.

If you go for the FieldSide seats, you're in for a high-roller experience. Sit on the pitch right next to the visiting team's bench—so close to the game, you'll be able to smell the Fire's Cuauhtemoc Blanco. The package comes complete with VIP treatment for the day. Park your car in your complimentary reserved spot in the players' parking lot (one for every two seats purchased) just 200 yards from your seat before heading to the private FieldSide entrance of the stadium. There should be plenty of parking because players are not actually permitted to park in their own lot, but must run to each game in order to warm up and build character. When you get to your seat, read up on the game notes, enjoy all-inclusive in-seat food and beverage service until the end of the game, and take advantage of your unlimited access to the Stadium Club.

On the skyway (sections 203–211), you'll have a wide angle on the feverish ball-kicking, kneeing, and head-butting. Watch the playoff game like a soccerish sparrow, throwing your shouts of approval and contempt like deadly pennies tossed from low-hanging clouds of fiery fandom.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Holy shit, people in this universe pay $225 to watch Chicago Fire games? I better have an ownership interest in the team for that price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:53 pm 

I was a little stunned by that as well. The 30 dollars on the party deck seemed like a good deal since you get 4 beers for that price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:57 pm 

They should sell a "nobody cares about your league" three pack with tickets to the MLS, the WNBA, and the NHL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
I was a little stunned by that as well. The 30 dollars on the party deck seemed like a good deal since you get 4 beers for that price.

That is a good deal but The Festival of Wood and Barrel Aged Beer is the same day and for just $5 more you'll get some better brews. And no crazy ticketmaster fees. DVR the soccer (if it is broadcast.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
They should sell a "nobody cares about your league" three pack with tickets to the MLS, the WNBA, and the NHL.

Stop yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
They should sell a "nobody cares about your teams" three pack with tickets to the MLS, the WNBA, and Purdue football.