It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Maybe another team in town can build something they can share!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
A new arena alone won't necessarily put DePaul basketball back on the map, but it would help. Fans shouldn't have to fight rush hour traffic on the expressway to Allstate Arena in Rosemont to watch those guys. Let's not forget there will likely be cutbacks with "L" trains and bus service involving CTA & Pace next month en route to & from the formerly named Horizon as well. Another big problem...Where would be it built? Lincoln Park is supposed to be expensive in regards to real estate...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 pm 

Father Minogue (sp?) killed a plan to put a 10,000 seat arena in the place where there are now condos near the former Cabrini projects. I just dont believe they feel it is a feasible proposal to build a new place. I think the Allstate will not renew them next contract as the attendance is horrible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:03 pm 

Puckhead wrote:
Father Minogue (sp?) killed a plan to put a 10,000 seat arena in the place where there are now condos near the former Cabrini projects. I just dont believe they feel it is a feasible proposal to build a new place. I think the Allstate will not renew them next contract as the attendance is horrible.

So what happens then? UC? Go to UIC and beg to play there? Maybe they can fill up ole St Andrews Gym by Wrigley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:20 pm 

They have Alumni Hall. Its small as hell, but realistically, they will always fill it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:35 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
They just played pretty well in a loss to Syracuse in the big,bad Allstate Arena.
They need players and a move out of the Big East more than anything!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Puckhead wrote:

Allstate WILL renew these idiots rather than go dark on those gamedays.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:08 am 

Puckhead wrote:
They have Alumni Hall. Its small as hell, but realistically, they will always fill it.

Alumni Hall was torn down years ago and a student center built at Belden and Sheffield.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:11 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
They just played pretty well in a loss to Syracuse in the big,bad Allstate Arena.
They need players and a move out of the Big East more than anything!

Like anybody is going to fight traffic to go to the dark dank Rosedump to watch DePaul with their thrilling HORIZON LEAGUE opponents.....Replace Marquette with UWM....Replace Notre Dame with U.I.C...........They may as well play their games in the Hiawatha Park Gym then.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Is there a seating requirement to be in the big east?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:18 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Don't know.

Villanova's place can't be huge and St. John's doesn't play all their games in the Garden, do they?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I agree with those that say they should go to the Pavillion or the United Center.

The CTA Pink Line should also build a station at Madison and Paulina for the United Center, but that's another story that will probably take 20 years to do....they're still trying to figure out how to extend the Orange Line to Ford City.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:56 pm 

spmack wrote:
I agree with those that say they should go to the Pavillion or the United Center.

The CTA Pink Line should also build a station at Madison and Paulina for the United Center, but that's another story that will probably take 20 years to do....they're still trying to figure out how to extend the Orange Line to Ford City.

Pink Line stop at Madison seems so logical..until you start factoring in lost parking revenues.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Why they ever moved into the Big East is beyond me... I'm sure the paychecks are nice, but they are going to be stuck in a perma-suck mode until they get out of there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:30 pm 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

Alumni Hall was torn down years ago and a student center built at Belden and Sheffield.

The women's team plays on campus at Mcgrath Hall.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Why don't they just move DePaul to the rosemont area instead!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:37 pm 

newper wrote:
Why they ever moved into the Big East is beyond me... I'm sure the paychecks are nice, but they are going to be stuck in a perma-suck mode until they get out of there.

DePaul is the problem...not being in the Big East...they have to hire a Big Time Coach and actually go Big Time instead of collecting those checks.
Being in the Big East is a great opportunity to put the commuter school on Belden Avenue back in the minds of sports fans around here....JUST ACT LIKE THEY BELONG...WIN SOME DAMNED GAMES.....HIRE A REAL COACH...RECRUIT SOME GUYS FROM HERE WE HAVE HEARD OF....
Who cares if they beat Cleveland State, UW-Milwaukee, Loyola or U.I.C.???

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 pm 

Why don't they just move DePaul to the rosemont area instead!!

:lol:

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
newper wrote:

DePaul is the problem...not being in the Big East...they have to hire a Big Time Coach and actually go Big Time instead of collecting those checks.
Being in the Big East is a great opportunity to put the commuter school on Belden Avenue back in the minds of sports fans around here....JUST ACT LIKE THEY BELONG...WIN SOME DAMNED GAMES.....HIRE A REAL COACH...RECRUIT SOME GUYS FROM HERE WE HAVE HEARD OF....
Who cares if they beat Cleveland State, UW-Milwaukee, Loyola or U.I.C.???

There is no way that they'll be able to WIN SOME DAMNED GAMES on a regular basis in the Big East... sure they might win a couple of games a year in that conf., but they are also guaranteed to lose at least 12+ per year, which will consistently keep them out of the tourney and you'll never get that program going. People love winners, not teams that tried and lost. Why do you think the nation goes nuts for Boise State or TCU in football? They would get creamed trying to play a SEC or Big Ten schedule. But they'll recruit well because they are winners and move to the postseason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:13 pm 

newper wrote:

Didn't they essentially get kicked out of CUSA because C-USA was requiring teams to have a football team as well? Where else would they go? A-10? Nope. Horizion? That might work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
newper wrote:

Didn't they essentially get kicked out of CUSA because C-USA was requiring teams to have a football team as well? Where else would they go? A-10? Nope. Horizion? That might work.

Is the football thing right? I know I have been the one mentioning it because that was what I had heard at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza

Don't know.

Villanova's place can't be huge and St. John's doesn't play all their games in the Garden, do they?

Factually speaking, Villanova & St. John's both have on-campus arenas, as do DePaul's Saturday opponent, UConn, Aggravated Sox Fan. When DePaul went to St. John's earlier in the Big East schedule, they played the game at Carnasecca Arena on their campus in Queens, NY. The RedStorm, as they are now known, play a handful of game at Madison Square Garden where the Knicks play, of course. When Notre Dame played Villanova about a week to 10 days ago, they played the game at the Wachovia Center where the NBA 76ers play. Connecticut splits their games at both their own on-campus arena in Storrs called Gampel Pavilion and at what's now called the XL Center in Hartford. Longtime hockey fans of the defunct NHL Hartford Whalers referred to that arena as the "Mall" due to its proximity with an area shopping mall adjacent to that facility. For the record, when DePaul faces UConn this Saturday night, they'll do so on their campus in Storrs, not in Hartford.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:20 pm 

I posted this for a reason. Waiting on some type of possible announcement.

My Peeps told me stuff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:56 am 

bigfan wrote:
I posted this for a reason. Waiting on some type of possible announcement.

My Peeps told me stuff

DePaul to join Horizon League and play home games in Warren Park so they can emulate the Boise State football team?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
Frank's sister was on at halftime of the DePaul game last night with ZZ and LoHo. (Don't ask, I worked late and had the Score on during my drive home). If there is something going on campus-wise, she sure didn't hint at anything.

She did address the "national" coaching search, but saying she wasn't going to address it. She doesn't want to explain her criteria, as that will tip her hand. But my guess is it's going to be a DePaul alum, either Rod Stickland or Ty Corbin. Despite Mark Aguirre being interested, until he gets his degree, he can't be a candidate. Dark horse candidate, the handsome #40 of the Chicago Bulls and the pride of Hersey, David John Corzine.