It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
I think I'd like to seem them interview Rod Strickland.

> Former Demon
> Former NBA-er
> In the college game today at big time program.
> Can recruit - instrumental in John Wall coming to Kentucky.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Why doesn't Billie Gillispie's name ever come up for DePaul?

He's talking with Houston for $500k/per and DePaul could certainly go over that, he's an ace at rebuilding programs, he usually doesn't stay long enough to get caught for whatever cheating he's doing, he's a name, and he'd increase tax revenue on liquor sales.

That's who they should get.

I had been thinking about Gillespie as well. THat would be a good choice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
mel junior wrote:
I think Billy is too DUI-y.

Per the ginger haired "genius", Reggie Theus is interviewing with the Demons on Thursday.

Rush Street Reggie is back!

Yes, the former Bulls' star back in the day who had cups of coffee coaching New Mexico State & the Sacramento Kings in addition to playing the basketball coach on the "Saved by the Bell" spinoff "Hang Time" back in the '90s...No wonder the Blue Demons can't fill their head coaching vacancy!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nobody with a proven track record wants the job. It's a horrible program in a power conference, not hard to figure out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 pm 

Wonder if he can drag DePaul into bankruptcy like the CBA?

chicagobreakingsports.com wrote:
Isiah Thomas is interested in the vacant DePaul coaching position, a source close to the Hall of Fame guard told the Tribune on Thursday.

Thomas is the head coach at Florida International University and has a recruiting class that has been rated as high as 17th nationally. The source insists Thomas would be able to steer those recruits to DePaul if he were offered the job.

"Isiah also could recruit the Chicago kids. It has always been a fertile area," said the source.

Thomas grew up on the West Side and nearly went to DePaul after starring at St. Joseph. Instead of joining close friend Mark Aguirre at DePaul, Thomas chose Indiana, where he led Bobby Knight's Hoosiers to the 1981 NCAA title.

Named one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history, Thomas has been a head coach of the Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks, before joining the college ranks at FIU.

DePaul was scheduled to interview Reggie Theus for its vacant post on Thursday

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Isiah Thomas

Also, by all accounts, a permanent black guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Forget the Double Pump looks like DePaul is gonna have a Truck Party

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 am 

fertile area

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:24 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Isiah Thomas

Also, by all accounts, a permanent black guy.

Now see - bad coach, but he'll be able to recruit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 am 

If you thought DePaul basketball was in the gutter right now, if Isiah Thomas gets the job, guess what? DePaul basketball will never recover...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 am 

I was watching a bit of the Cubs game yesterday and then Chicago Tribune Live came on aftewards and I had it on as background noise as I was playing some NBA Live anyhow they had Kaplan on from Indianapolis talking about the DePaul situation and it was bizzare. He kept trying to sell how much confidence he has in Ponsetto and how it was a destination job and everything. The people on the panel were asking questions about how the prestige of the program has fallen and what have you but Kaplan had like pro DePaul talking points that he kept going back to like a politician. It was as about as unbiased as one of ZZ's Bears reports. Is he getting a check from DePaul or is he a grad or something?

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 am 

Phil McCracken wrote:
I was watching a bit of the Cubs game yesterday and then Chicago Tribune Live came on aftewards and I had it on as background noise as I was playing some NBA Live anyhow they had Kaplan on from Indianapolis talking about the DePaul situation and it was bizzare. He kept trying to sell how much confidence he has in Ponsetto and how it was a destination job and everything. The people on the panel were asking questions about how the prestige of the program has fallen and what have you but Kaplan had like pro DePaul talking points that he kept going back to like a politician. It was as about as unbiased as one of ZZ's Bears reports. Is he getting a check from DePaul or is he a grad or something?

Phil, I know that Laurence Holmes has made no secret of his affiliation with DePaul and as a graduate. Zach Zaidman went to Syracuse. Although Zach & LoHo are on the 670 The SCORE payroll, DePaul pays their salaries when they call all those losses on radio.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:56 am 

SHARK wrote:
Phil McCracken wrote:

Phil, I know that Laurence Holmes has made no secret of his affiliation with DePaul and as a graduate. Zach Zaidman went to Syracuse. Although Zach & LoHo are on the 670 The SCORE payroll, DePaul pays their salaries when they call all those losses on radio.

Thanks SHARK...I was asking about Kaplan though. Want to do some research on him for me?

Chus wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Phil McCracken wrote:

This idea that DePaul is currently a "Destination Job" is utter bullshit.
Ponsetto is CLUELESS...She must believe her own bullshit....
She fired Wainwright months ago.....She obviously had no genuine replacements even targeted....Her pie in the sky delusions that her phone would be ringing off the hook to get the "prestigous" DePaul job indicates she should be the Athletic Director at Mother MacAuley.
AT THIS MOMENT...the only difference between the Loyola job and the DePaul job is that DePaul gets its ass kicked in the Big East, rather than the Horizon League.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:13 am 
1000 CLUB

WTF? You leave Clemson (a school with a prayer of tourney action) to come to DePaul? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:08 am 

Is that Lou Henson's sport coat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
7 years at $2 million + per year, thats why you leave.

That was DePaul's down payment on some land

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:26 am 
1000 CLUB

Hate to tell you this, but this guy's going to be another Ricky Byrdsong (as a local coach, that is).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am 

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
Hate to tell you this, but this guy's going to be another Ricky Byrdsong (as a local coach, that is).

Maybe that orange sportcoat is a flack jacket .... ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:58 am 

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
WTF? You leave Clemson (a school with a prayer of tourney action) to come to DePaul? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cash + leaving a football school. The dude's 56 - last big pay day before retirement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:25 pm 

C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:

Moment of silence please for the former Northwestern basketball coach...Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:28 pm 

bigfan wrote:
There isn't a major college coach who doesn't know these guys very well and I am 100% sure every single one of them has their numbers in their cell phones. This includes most asst coaches as well.

These guys are the cleaner and corporate version of Sonny Vicaro,

They are the promoter of 6 major all star games for high school players and the NCAA Limits on gifts per events is a nice bonus per event. All tourneys are sponsored by Best Buy.

It is a shame that the colleges need to deep in a cesspool to compete at a high level.Depaul is trying to compete in the Big East without a coach,talent and a decent place to play! They are shooting for mediocrity at best.