This reminds me of that movie.....Tremors

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:11 am 

Crystal Lake Huffy wrote:
I may actually pay attention this year.

No you won't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Thoughts? I may actually pay attention this year. Who is coaching? Oliver Cromwell, right?

That's not his name. It's Oliver Purnell, who left Clemson to rebuild a DePaul basketball program that'll take many years to return to respectability. Anyone who thinks they're going to reverse their Big East woes overnight is kidding themselves!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Another Round
Another loss against Oklahoma St. today. They need to drop out of the Big East.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:22 pm 

Chint wrote:
they will suck

This.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SHARK wrote:
Thoughts? I may actually pay attention this year. Who is coaching? Oliver Cromwell, right?

That's not his name. It's Oliver Purnell, who left Clemson to rebuild a DePaul basketball program that'll take many years to return to respectability. Anyone who thinks they're going to reverse their Big East woes overnight is kidding themselves!

Wait, then who is Oliver Cromwell?

That actor who always plays the president.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
RFDC wrote:
I may actually pay attention this year.

No you won't.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
peopleselbow wrote:

When did Oklahoma State join the Big East?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
peopleselbow wrote:

Factually speaking, guys, Oklahoma State is still in the Big 12, not the Big East. DePaul's latest loss came at the "76 Classic" in Anaheim, an early season college hoops tournament. It was there that they played Oklahoma State.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
SHARK wrote:

Wait, then who is Oliver Cromwell?

Wasn't he the guy in Babe?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:09 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
peopleselbow wrote:

If you are being a smart ass, I will give you a pass. If you are confused by semantics, I will clarify my stance.

De Paul basketball is in a terrible state. Yesterday's game was in a tournament vs. a Big 12 team. I feel that it is embarrassing that De Paul is in the Big East, trying to be a major D 1 team. They would be better off in Loyola's conference. There is still god competition there and the program would have a better foundation to build on. I feel the Big East is just one ass kicking after another that leads to poor recruiting which has snow balled year after year. A smaller conference could rebuild the program. More wins = better players. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
peopleselbow wrote:
If you are being a smart ass, I will give you a pass. If you are confused by semantics, I will clarify my stance.

De Paul basketball is in a terrible state. Yesterday's game was in a tournament vs. a Big 12 team. I feel that it is embarrassing that De Paul is in the Big East, trying to be a major D 1 team. They would be better off in Loyola's conference. There is still god competition there and the program would have a better foundation to build on. I feel the Big East is just one ass kicking after another that leads to poor recruiting which has snow balled year after year. A smaller conference could rebuild the program. More wins = better players. Just my 2 cents.

I was being a smartass.

DePaul has been here before, you know. In the seventies there was discussion about dropping down to Division II. Then came Norwood and Pancratz followed by Ponsetto and Corzine then Garland and Watkins and then Bradshaw. Those guys played on some pretty good teams and finished the season ranked #3 in Ponsetto and Corzine's senior year. Aguirre came along next.

My point being that DePaul can compete in the Big East. They can even be a dominant program in the Big East. There's no reason that Marquette should have a better program than DePaul.

Now, DePaul is claiming that they've made a philosophical and monetray committment to the basketball program. If you're saying you don't see it, I can agree with that. Frankly, I think Jeannie is in over her head. There's a lot of university politics involved. If DePaul is really serious they need to start playing on campus again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:16 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
peopleselbow wrote:

I was being a smartass.

DePaul has been here before, you know. In the seventies there was discussion about dropping down to Division II. Then came Norwood and Pancratz followed by Ponsetto and Corzine then Garland and Watkins and then Bradshaw. Those guys played on some pretty good teams and finished the season ranked #3 in Ponsetto and Corzine's senior year. Aguirre came along next.

My point being that DePaul can compete in the Big East. They can even be a dominant program in the Big East. There's no reason that Marquette should have a better program than DePaul.

Now, DePaul is claiming that they've made a philosophical and monetray committment to the basketball program. If you're saying you don't see it, I can agree with that. Frankly, I think Jeannie is in over her head. There's a lot of university politics involved. If DePaul is really serious they need to start playing on campus again.

Excellent point. As a long time fan who remembers when they were the most popular basketball team in Chicago, before a guy named Jordan came, I am sick and tired of the losing. They can't even compete.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:59 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[My point being that DePaul can compete in the Big East. They can even be a dominant program in the Big East. There's no reason that Marquette should have a better program than DePaul..

or Villanova, St. John's, Providence, etc. These are all private school teams from major metropolitan areas without in the same academic strata as De Paul without a D-I football program to prop up the athletic budget. There is zero reason De Paul shouldn't match St. John's in terms of occasional success. That is a fair judge of Ponsetto and she fails even by this standard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:53 am 

How does a Big East team lose to Ball St, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:58 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

I thought it was Ollie Williams

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:29 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
We play this golden oldie every season.....When Lenti-Ponsetto felt the need last year to call Hanley back to continue to defend playing in Rosemont, she proved to be a complete idiot.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Got about 15 seconds of a ZZ broadcast.

"OPP being applied"

(Oliver Purnell Pressure)
:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 pm 

This from the same Zach Zaidman who said last year during one of DePaul's many losses that "you're right on top of the players" when describing the arena at Rutgers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:29 pm 

De Paul 39- FAU -28 at half.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:05 am 

Dec. 28, 2010

Box Score

CINCINNATI - DePaul opened the BIG EAST season with a 76-60 loss at Cincinnati on Tuesday night at Fifth Third Arena. Cleveland Melvin scored a game-high 24 points to lead the Blue Demons while Tony Freeland added 11 points.

DePaul (6-7, 0-1 BIG EAST) led early by a 6-3 margin before the Bearcats reeled off a 17-4 run to take command of the game. A Dion Dixon free throw with 8:54 left gave Cincinnati a 20-10 advantage that would grow to 40-21 at halftime.

The second half saw DePaul outscore Cincinnati, 39-36, but the Blue Demons never got closer than 14 points. After shooting just .281 from the field in the first half, DePaul shot .500 from the field in the second half.

Melvin added a career-high eight rebounds and bettered his previous career scoring best by a point to lead DePaul. Freeland also pulled down eight boards and Jeremiah Kelly added nine points.

Cincinnati (13-0, 1-0 BIG EAST) was led by 20 points from Larry Davis off the bench. Four Bearcats reached double-figures during the game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:18 am 

I miss Depaul not sucking. I went with one of my athletes on a visit there a couple summers ago. Their athletic facilities couldn't compete with Eastern Illinois and were a step below Lewis, North Central and St. Xavier. It was embarrassing how small their weight room was and lack of space altogether. Nothing about their athletic program says to an athlete "Big East". More like Trinity Christian College is what comes to mind.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:24 pm 

Once again, I can't say I'm surprised that DePaul started Big East conference play with a loss. They've got a road date on New Year's Day at Georgetown at 12Noon. 0-2 to start Big East play? Very, very likely...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
With all the talent around Chicago, you would think Depaul would be better. I have heard the Chicago Public League has the best talent in America.

The Big East is a top confernce, so I am guessing academics or facilties is the reason they don't get players. In my opinoin, Depaul should be better than South Florida, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Providence, and possibly Notre Dame and like somebody put Marquette.

If Purnell wants to succed, may want to hire a guy that can recruit in Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:44 pm 

reents wrote:
With all the talent around Chicago, you would think Depaul would be better. I have heard the Chicago Public League has the best talent in America.

The Big East is a top confernce, so I am guessing academics or facilties is the reason they don't get players. In my opinoin, Depaul should be better than South Florida, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Providence, and possibly Notre Dame and like somebody put Marquette.

If Purnell wants to succed, may want to hire a guy that can recruit in Chicago.

I think Oliver Purnell's trying to get players to make DePaul legit again, but even he's aware that it's not going to happen overnight on Belden Ave. I wonder if DePaul's recruiting cupboard was really, really bare when he accepted this assignment.

As for Purnell hiring a guy who can recruit the top players in the Chicago Public League, good luck with that. From what I've heard, this Cleveland Melvin guy who is DePaul's top freshman, actually picked here instead of arguably one of the Big East's more successful programs in Connecticut. That's a good start.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Depaul opens up the Big East Tournament against Uconn, and the season should end there, had a nice 2 game stretch against Providence and Villanova, but not much else.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
conns7901 wrote:
I miss Depaul not sucking. I went with one of my athletes on a visit there a couple summers ago. Their athletic facilities couldn't compete with Eastern Illinois and were a step below Lewis, North Central and St. Xavier. It was embarrassing how small their weight room was and lack of space altogether. Nothing about their athletic program says to an athlete "Big East". More like Trinity Christian College is what comes to mind.

Took a walk around last year and it just sucked. Scary how Jeanie Ponsetto destroyed that program, then had a chance to revive it during the years they built up the campus and they ignored the program, but the womans softball team is all good! Dorms all over, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 pm 

reents wrote:
Depaul opens up the Big East Tournament against Uconn, and the season should end there, had a nice 2 game stretch against Providence and Villanova, but not much else.

Reents, DePaul & UCONN tip off the Big East Tournament in New York's Madison Square Garden at 11a tomorrow. You won't find the game on WSCR 670 The SCORE, but it'll be on DePaulBlueDemons.com, as well as ESPN2HD. The "winner" plays Georgetown Wednesday afternoon. Have fun with that.

All indications are that as many as 11 Big East schools could be announced as NCAA Tournament-bound when CBS Sports' trio of Greg Gumbel, former Bull Greg Anthony & Sports Illustrated's Seth Davis announces the expanded 68 team field at 5p Sunday. Even though UCONN is playing Tuesday afternoon, Jim Calhoun's Huskies could be one of the 11 selected.