It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:22 am 

I heard the replay of Waddle and Silvy last night with an interview of Isiah Thomas. They asked Isiah about coming home to coach Loyola and he seemed VERY receptive to the idea.

At first thought there is no way I'd want Isiah on many levels. He's been an absolute failure at everything he's touched and been accused of improprieties. I'm sure he would bring some much needed buzz to the program but I doubt he would bring success.

I'd really like to see a young assitant from a good program with recruiting success in chicago.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
good dolphin wrote:
I heard the replay of Waddle and Silvy last night with an interview of Isiah Thomas. They asked Isiah about coming home to coach Loyola and he seemed VERY receptive to the idea.

At first thought there is no way I'd want Isiah on many levels. He's been an absolute failure at everything he's touched and been accused of improprieties. I'm sure he would bring some much needed buzz to the program but I doubt he would bring success.

I'd really like to see a young assitant from a good program with recruiting success in chicago.

Isiah is also sending out feelers to get the job at Bradley.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Despite being an epic fail waiting to happen, IMO Isiah is still way too good for Loyola. I mean how much of a step-up is the Horizon league form the Sun Belt; if at all? Loyola does have beautiful upgrades to both campuses, as well as the upgraded stadium (now with actual stadium seating!) But it has as much national prestige as FIU, which is zero. Chicago itself is that the only thing that would make Loyola more attractive than FIU to me. I don't think that would be enough. Bradly makes more sense as it's only a few years removed from a mid-major power house.

The last news I heard (from Mulli and Hanley, so take the source into account) was that it would be an assistant from Indiana, and that was on Tuesday. I don't remember who they mentioned, but if he was a Crean assistant from Marquette, then I love that idea; being that Loyola is trying to build its program off of that blueprint.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
good dolphin wrote:
The truth is that he could be one of those coaches who is at a school 20 years if you are not results oriented. He ran a clean program, graduated players and was competitive. I think this AD wants some results.

You just described 95% of the Jimmy Collins era at UIC.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:20 pm 

Jimmy went to the post season a couple of times and got the school some national recognition. I don't think he graduated players. Overall I would consider the Collins era a success.

Loyola has gone downhill since the firing of Burmeister.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
His players graduated at ~90% clip....They've also sucked since 2004.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 pm 

What has Isaiah done as a coach/gm that would make you want to have him coach your team?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:17 pm 

Former ISU coach Porter Moser and his 51-61 record

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:30 pm 

so I got a guy who says that Isiah(through his agent) was pushing hard for the job, but his sexual assault case was the only thing that kept him from getting it... :evil:

Even if he was going to be a shitty coach, that hire would have made at least a headline or two... as opposed to Porter Moser who makes absolutely no fucking headlines whatsoever... its kind of like a hire that makes you think that no one wanted this job. They couldn't get any assistant from a BCS school? I wanted promise, but reality struck in: this is a shitty program with no future...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:07 am 

Cully Payne transferring from Iowa to Loyola is huge. The guy has the talent to be an MVP of the Horizon. He will have three more years of eligibility.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:26 pm 

"I'm excited and honored to be coach Moser's first recruit to Loyola and that means a lot to me personally," Payne said in a statement. "After spending time with him and his staff and getting a chance to see Loyola and all it has to offer, I knew this was the first perfect place for me. I hope that my decision to come to Loyola can help attract other high-level players to play and go to school here."

Fuck yeah son

Sucks that he has to sit out this year though.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:20 am 

Cully Payne is not that good fellas. He was sour grapes that Iowa got rid of Lickliter and Fran wanted him to get healthy before playing. (He had a sports hernia surgery last year). I never saw anything that screamed star point guard out of him.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:13 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Cully Payne is not that good fellas. He was sour grapes that Iowa got rid of Lickliter and Fran wanted him to get healthy before playing. (He had a sports hernia surgery last year). I never saw anything that screamed star point guard out of him.

not very familiar with Horizon League play, are you

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

not very familiar with Horizon League play, are you

No, but I am familiar with bad players. Payne is not good.