It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barry Rozner
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
My final thought until Sunday night, literally, will be about Barry Rozner. I've become a huge fan of the Artist formerly known as Seacrest. Good articles, getting the radio game, and kind of an assbag. My guy!

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

Post subject: Re: Barry Rozner
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Drop In wrote:
My final thought until Sunday night, literally, will be about Barry Rozner. I've become a huge fan of the Artist formerly known as Seacrest. Good articles, getting the radio game, and kind of an assbag. My guy!

"kind of an assbag", yeap my thoughts exactly on this part of your post.

Radio- His voice is annoying. At times, he can be a decent listen in terms of his content. He knows baseball and hockey well.

Articles- This is where I really can't stand his opinions. He has an odd writing stuff often using phrases like, "we told you here" as if there are two people writing the column. He uses a know-it-all style that gets annoying. He always has the answers, but like the rest of us, he is wrong as often as he is right. Take his opinions on Quade. Wrong. But most of all, his inability to just give the Bears credit. He has this Lovie Smith obsession of hatred. Even when the Bears do well, he uses a wide array of excuses to take away credit and attributing it all to luck or a parity plagued NFL. Well guess what Barry, the parity that helps the Bears is the same parity that hurts the Bears. Give the team credit for having great special teams and a long string of good defenses, winning the turnover battles, and finding ways to win more games than losing.

I have been a Daily Herald reader for 25 years, so he has just worn on me over the years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
The sheer incompetence of any hockey thought he has outweighs any positives around his radio or writing skills

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Going to need to call in and put him on the spot about Hendry v Sandberg

Unless of course it is Zach and Roz on Sunday, as Zach will cut me off when the questions get too tough

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Northside_Dan wrote:
The sheer incompetence of any hockey thought he has outweighs any positives around his radio or writing skills

Kind of a douchebag thing to say... he's nowhere even close to being that bad IMO...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
crosscheck wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Kind of a douchebag thing to say... he's nowhere even close to being that bad IMO...

He's one of the best in terms of Hockey thoughts. Although it still pains me to read his Dale Talon hatred. Dale handed out way too much money and caused the post-Cup payroll purge. But, he brought us the Cup. For that, he deserves a lot more kudos than the constant attacks leveled by Rozner.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:46 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Believe I heard Rozner dismiss NSD's email about Campbell recently

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:54 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

Believe I heard Rozner dismiss NSD's email about Campbell recently

Oh ya? When was this?

It's that bad when he claims to be a hockey savant. Coming from a Bernstein or whoever it'd be fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:55 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Oh ya? When was this?

It's that bad when he claims to be a hockey savant. Coming from a Bernstein or whoever it'd be fine.

Did you send an email about Eddie O dismissing Campbell or something?

Another NSD?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
Oh ya? When was this?

Another NSD?

I did. Think it was for a WYC. When was it talked about?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:58 pm 

Northside_Dan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
Oh ya? When was this?

Another NSD?

During WYC, last week I think.

They read it. Podcast that shit. Youre gonna hate that dude.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:39 pm 

Interesting. I'm going to shoot him an email about it. Curious as to his thoughts there. I didn't take that as far as I could have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:53 pm 

denisdman wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

He's one of the best in terms of Hockey thoughts. Although it still pains me to read his Dale Talon hatred. Dale handed out way too much money and caused the post-Cup payroll purge. But, he brought us the Cup. For that, he deserves a lot more kudos than the constant attacks leveled by Rozner.

Yeah, that stuff feels too personal to me, though the behind the scenes stuff is pretty damn interesting, but his hockey-related thoughts have never made me cringe or react in a negative matter... Now mac on the other hand... I remember last November or December he complained about and wanted to fix the power play, at a time when it was literally the best in the NHL... that shit makes me cringe.

Different strokes I guess, maybe Dan has just heard more damning things than I have...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:57 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Another NSD?

During WYC, last week I think.

They read it. Podcast that shit. Youre gonna hate that dude.

Well even more so

But I thought both Dan and Rozner had valid points...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
crosscheck wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

I like Rozner overall but he does say quite a few things that I disagree with. While I listen and consider what Rozner says, there are better sources for Blackhawk info. He was blatantly wrong about the Hawks cap situation early this season. Rozner was confusing cap hit with salary. Anyone looking at Capgeek could see his mistakes. But overall I like Rozner probably more than any other fill in host on the Score.

And it was WYC last week where they discussed an ecrap about Campbell. After the segment was over, Rozner gave his opinions about Campbell. I agreed with him there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:30 pm 

DAC wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:

I like Rozner overall but he does say quite a few things that I disagree with. While I listen and consider what Rozner says, there are better sources for Blackhawk info. He was blatantly wrong about the Hawks cap situation early this season. Rozner was confusing cap hit with salary. Anyone looking at Capgeek could see his mistakes. But overall I like Rozner probably more than any other fill in host on the Score.

And it was WYC last week where they discussed an ecrap about Campbell. After the segment was over, Rozner gave his opinions about Campbell. I agreed with him there.

I would agree with the premise that he's not the best resource for news/opinion, but he's pretty damn knowledgeable, and he isn't even the the go to guy at the Daily Herald, he's just a regular columnists I believe.

I must say that it is interesting to watch the beginnings of a potential Rozner push back to the second city-type hockey crowd... those three created a Bernstein type monster, and I think that Rozner was on to something when he described them as closed minded...(or so I've heard)