It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:08 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
Pretty bad game for WWS. QB looks like a stud until the ball is snapped. Really bad QB play from him in this game. Glenbard West looked great. Their line play on both sides of the ball was outstanding.
WWS, Naperville North, & Naperville Central all lost their first game & are 0-1. I'm not sure that has ever happened before.

The QB got benched for a Sophomore with NFL bloodlines I thought?

Ryan Graham, whose Father played center for the Tampa Bay Bucs, started the 2nd half & played one series. Starting QB Thaddeus Armstrong returned to the game on the Tigers next possession. This might just be the worst WWS team in many years.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:19 am 

good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Mt. Carmel v. Simeon? Is there any question :P

Then why did they put them on the undercard?

There will be people who stay for all three games. I'm already trying to find out if the shuttle is continuous so I can get out of there at halftime.

SICP 27 Whitney Young 14. Step one in a championship season.

Congrats to Mt. Carmel on their one point win.....but yes, you're right, the entire world of IHSA football fears 'SICP' :lol: , on their statement win over the IHSA's version of the Minnesota Golden Gophers! Does that make 'SICP' :lol: the football version of NIU?!?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:59 pm 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
spanky wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
I've been on the job 5 months. 8)

Hold out for a free hot dog at the game.

I actually would prefer parking in the teacher lot.

Which I ended up getting by showing my 'GBN staff' passes. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I was in Mr. Muhitch's gym class in 1993. Unfortunately, I have no good stories to tell about him, although my classmates did manage in 1992 to make an assistant gym teacher cry over and over -- not Muhitch's assistant. The things that were done were merciless... you can't ever show a weakness as a newbie teacher.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 pm 

I'm traveling in Detroit so I don't have the time to look it up, but something happened this weekend that I'm not sure has ever happened. Naperville North, Naperville Central, & Wheaton Warrenville South all lost & are all 0-1.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:50 am 

Scorehead wrote:
I'm traveling in Detroit so I don't have the time to look it up, but something happened this weekend that I'm not sure has ever happened. Naperville North, Naperville Central, & Wheaton Warrenville South all lost & are all 0-1.

Blow em up.

Please.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
9-0 Batavia got a #1 seed in 6A as expected
9-0 Kaneland (after a huge W @ Morris last night) got a #1 in 5A

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:43 pm 

I was at a party tonight & missed the IHSA football pairings show, but I dvr'd it & will watch it tonight.
First time that Batavia has gone 9-0. Big win for Kaneland over Morris.

IHSA playoff football baby!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:49 pm 

Scorehead wrote:

I was at a party tonight & missed the IHSA football pairings show, but I dvr'd it & will watch it tonight.
First time that Batavia has gone 9-0. Big win for Kaneland over Morris.

IHSA playoff football baby!

Not the most interesting of paths as Kaneland gets Belvidere first and then possibly Burlington Central and Sycamore/Rochelle week 3. Very winnable schedule for the sophomore led Knights with a possible rematch in the semifinal game with Montini. Morris is in the other bracket. I haven't looked at the 6A path for Batavia yet. Geneva is up in 7 again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 pm 

What in the hell is going on?

Kaneland down 14-13 after 1 and Batavia down 14-0 after 1???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 am 

Wow. Both Kaneland & Batavia almost get upset in the first round. Batavia was down 21-0 in the 2nd quarter, & down 28-7 at half time. Then Batavia scored almost every time they touched the ball in the 2nd half to win 35-28. Batavia gave up 8.7 points per game in the regular season, yet Notre Dame HS scored 28 on them in this game.

How about #1 seed Waubonsee Valley losing to #16 seed Belleville East?

Now I gotta figure out what game I'm going to next week.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:45 am 

Scorehead wrote:

Wow. Both Kaneland & Batavia almost get upset in the first round. Batavia was down 21-0 in the 2nd quarter, & down 28-7 at half time. Then Batavia scored almost every time they touched the ball in the 2nd half to win 35-28. Batavia gave up 8.7 points per game in the regular season, yet Notre Dame HS scored 28 on them in this game.

I believe Kaneland is hosting Wheaton St. Francis. next week. Not sure who Batavia gets. Morris gets Joliet Catholic in a big 2nd round game. Wow. didn't know WV blew the #1 seed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:56 am 

Scorehead wrote:

I believe Kaneland is hosting Wheaton St. Francis. next week. Not sure who Batavia gets. Morris gets Joliet Catholic in a big 2nd round game. Wow. didn't know WV blew the #1 seed.

WV lost 14-7. Batavia plays Lake Forest. How about Rochelle as a #13 seed beating a #5 seed, & Sycamore a # 12 seed beating a #5 seed? They meet in the next round.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 am 

Scorehead wrote:

WV lost 14-7. Batavia plays Lake Forest. How about Rochelle as a #13 seed beating a #5 seed, & Sycamore a # 12 seed beating a #5 seed? They meet in the next round.

true.... but those were shitty public league schools. I think both schools were favored to win even though they were seeded lower. I think the seeding was meant to appease some people who have felt that the public league has been slighted in the past.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:14 pm 

Wheaton St. Francis is coming to Maple Park on Friday night. Game on!!

The home field rules are total bullshit. I like what they have in place except it should end at the 2nd round and for the quarters and semi's the top seed should host. The higher seed should not have to go on the road just because their opponent has fewer home games than them after the 2nd round. Now that Kaneland and Batavia will have hosted 2 straight games they are both probably screwed for the quarters and or semi's.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 pm 

Wheaton St. Francis is coming to Maple Park on Friday night. Game on!!

The home field rules are total bullshit. I like what they have in place except it should end at the 2nd round and for the quarters and semi's the top seed should host. The higher seed should not have to go on the road just because their opponent has fewer home games than them after the 2nd round. Now that Kaneland and Batavia will have hosted 2 straight games they are both probably screwed for the quarters and or semi's.

How about Belleville East? Last week they had to travel to Aurora to play Waubonsee Valley & won. So who do they get in the 2nd round on the road? Naperville Central.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:20 am 

Scorehead wrote:

Mike North was coaching the D for NDHS in the second half.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:01 pm 

I'll be surprised if Batavia beats Lake Forest.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:35 am 

Batavia with a W and Kaneland with a W by the thinnest skin ever.

Kaneland needs to realize that there is a thing called a 2nd half. If you total their first halves vs Morris and WSF they were up 60 something to 10. Good thing they get Rochelle next week as the other Catholic schools battle to possibly meet them in the semi's. The thing that sucks is that Kaneland is 11-0 and already beat Rochelle in Rochelle and yet they have to play the 2 or 3 loss (forget their record) Rochelle in Rochelle yet again. That is jacked up.

Batavia looks solid as ever and after weather a 1st rd storm should be on route to a title game.

As far as Aurora Christian........fuck private schools that are allowed to recruit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 am 

conns7901 wrote:

Now your surprised.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:40 am 

Kaneland needs to realize that there is a thing called a 2nd half. If you total their first halves vs Morris and WSF they were up 60 something to 10. Good thing they get Rochelle next week as the other Catholic schools battle to possibly meet them in the semi's. The thing that sucks is that Kaneland is 11-0 and already beat Rochelle in Rochelle and yet they have to play the 2 or 3 loss (forget their record) Rochelle in Rochelle yet again. That is jacked up.

Batavia looks solid as ever and after weather a 1st rd storm should be on route to a title game.

As far as Aurora Christian........fuck private schools that are allowed to recruit.

Yea, I think the team with the best record should play at home throughout the playoffs.

How about Glenbard West losing to Lake Zurich? Wow.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:44 am 

Scorehead wrote:

Yea, I think the team with the best record should play at home throughout the playoffs.

Damn....I couldnt believe the powerhouse GW lost.

I am fine with the policy of home games for the 1st 2 rounds but once you reach the quarters winning should mean something. This game is absurd but whatever....they already beat them once in Rochelle. Time to do it again. The worst part of it was the seeding because they for whatever reason gave 2 public league schools higher seeds over Rochelle and Sycamore (who both won the games) and thus fucked up the rest of the bracket.

Did you see Joliet Catholic beat the piss out of the other #1 seed Morris Friday?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:28 am 

Scorehead wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Now your surprised.

Ill be more Surpised if they make it to Champaign.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:33 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Now your surprised.

Ill be more Surpised if they make it to Champaign.

Who's your team Conns?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 am 

Would it be so hard to have 6 public school divisions and 2 private school divisions?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:47 am 

Oh, and Maine South lost to Stevenson.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:54 am 

Would it be so hard to have 6 public school divisions and 2 private school divisions?

There's no reason for that.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:02 am 

Scorehead wrote:

Who's your team Conns?

I'm a CCL Guy, but also follow Crete, Plainfield North and Lemont. For letting a team like ND hang around last week, Batavia did a much better job today. I would have to go with Nazerath and Danville right now for my 6a title game. I like how Lemont plays but haven't really beaten anyone who was good this year.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:05 am 

Scorehead wrote:

I like the way the IHSA does it with home games. Its not perfect but nothing really is. Teams shouldn't be rewarded with all home games cause they went 9-0 vs a shitty schedule. I wish there was a way to seed the playoffs but don't really know a way to do it fairly and timely like other sports. In other sports you know who is in your sectional a month in advance of seeding. At most you would get a few hours notice before you seeded teams.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:24 am 

conns7901 wrote:

There's no reason for that.

Why? There are 8 classes now. Just break them down into a 6/2 format.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next