It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rugby World Cup
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 am 

it starts on Friday. The game really is a lot of fun and I'd recommend giving it a chance. The power in the sport is centered a little differently than soccer with teams like Australia, New Zealand, Somoa and South Africa being powers. The French are suprisingly good at a physical sport. For those that don't like football Ireland plays USA on Sunday on NBC. Set your September 11 patriotism on full meatball and enjoy a fast paced, tough sport.

Post subject: Re: Rugby World Cup
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:41 pm 

If nobody responds I'm going to have to throw down some Loyola University hoops on you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:54 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
This has nothing to do with rugby, but little known fact, my cousin is one of the greatest Irish footballers in the history of Ireland.

He was voted to the 125th anniversary team of the sport. He's the Michael Jordan of Irish footballers.

There. Keep your Ramblers stories.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'm looking forward to USA-Ireland...I think Fox Soccer Plus is showing some matches and I think Directv is offering Rugby World Cup Pay-Per-View.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
good dolphin wrote:
If nobody responds I'm going to have to throw down some Loyola University hoops on you.

:cry:

This is the season the Rambler dynasty will be born... get on the victory train or fuck off and die

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Spaca Napoli
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
This has nothing to do with rugby, but little known fact, my cousin is one of the greatest Irish footballers in the history of Ireland.

He was voted to the 125th anniversary team of the sport. He's the Michael Jordan of Irish footballers.

There is no Michael Jordan of Irish footballers. Hurlers, yes - Christy Ring. Footballers? No. Keep your stories Doc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:36 pm 

By football you mean soccer or Gaelic football?

I'll be watching when I can and following it. I was meaning to make a thread on it like I did in 2007 but kept forgetting to. USA blows and has no chance to advance past the group stage. Look for many beatings to be inflicted. Since the Kiwis are hosting, I look for the All Blacks to win the cup.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
it starts on Friday. The game really is a lot of fun and I'd recommend giving it a chance. The power in the sport is centered a little differently than soccer with teams like Australia, New Zealand, Somoa and South Africa being powers. The French are suprisingly good at a physical sport. For those that don't like football Ireland plays USA on Sunday on NBC. Set your September 11 patriotism on full meatball and enjoy a fast paced, tough sport.

Looking forward to seeing Brian O'Driscoll and Sean O'Brien run roughshod over the Eagles on Sunday!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Zizou wrote:
Since the Kiwis are hosting, I look for the All Blacks to win the cup.

Elmhurst Steve is NOT going to like this!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Zizou wrote:

Gaelic football.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:22 pm 

Irish wrote:

There is no Michael Jordan of Irish footballers. Hurlers, yes - Christy Ring. Footballers? No. Keep your stories Doc.

:lol: I wouldn't accept that from anyone else.

(But Gaelic football is more popular.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:48 pm 

Irish wrote:

:lol: I wouldn't accept that from anyone else.

(But Gaelic football is more popular.)

Depends what county, or parish you're in... mid- or east-Clare, hurling; west Clare - football. Or as they say in west Galway, big ball, east Galway, small ball...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:14 am 

I wonder if the entire population of Gaelic football fans exceeds the population of Blackhawks fans.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 am 

Zizou wrote:

I'll be watching when I can and following it. I was meaning to make a thread on it like I did in 2007 but kept forgetting to. USA blows and has no chance to advance past the group stage. Look for many beatings to be inflicted. Since the Kiwis are hosting, I look for the All Blacks to win the cup.

I was watching NBC high definition channel 003 the other day and they had an hour special on the cup. They were talking about the USA gearing up for one possible win the tournament against Russia.

As long as football exists the USA will never be very good. Anyone with the appropriate size and athleticism to be world class from this country will gravitate towards football first. It's a shame because the camaradarie among players is great for anyone who likes to be involved in team sports. The varied positions allow for participation by all body types. You get free beer and a display of mildly homoerotic acts at a critical time of self development. What's not to like?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 am 

crosscheck wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

This is the season the Rambler dynasty will be born... get on the victory train or fuck off and die

I'm with you. This really is year 1 in the new era for the Ramblers. They have great updated facilities. Enrollment is booming. Both the Rogers Park and Downtown campuses look fantastic. They have a new coach and AD (although it is a woman). There has been an immediate impact on recruiting and I expect big things for them in the next few years.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 pm 

Opening match haka exchange between Tonga and New Zealand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXpJuZgbjH4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:56 am 

white guys doing haka is like white guys rapping

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:32 am 

good dolphin wrote:
crosscheck wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm with you. This really is year 1 in the new era for the Ramblers. They have great updated facilities. Enrollment is booming. Both the Rogers Park and Downtown campuses look fantastic. They have a new coach and AD (although it is a woman). There has been an immediate impact on recruiting and I expect big things for them in the next few years.

From rivals on Loyola's recruiting:

Quote:
Which under-the-radar program is surprising you with their recruiting success?

Meyer: Coach Ed Cooley still has a lot of work to do, but there hasn't been a more significant commitment in the 2012 class than Kris Dunn's commitment to Providence. Dunn choosing Providence over Connecticut has increased the buzz around the Providence program and could likely lead to more high-profile commitments. Providence has a great shot at landing another five-star prospect in Ricardo Ledo, and in general great players want to play with other great players, especially point guards.

Bossi: How about the work that Porter Moser is doing at Loyola? The one time Illinois State head coach who was most recently an assistant at Saint Louis University is really doing an outstanding job. Big man Nick Osborne likely could have ended up at a high major program if he had been willing to wait around until the spring and recent combo guard commit Keith Carter should be a very productive Horizon League player. In 2013, three-star shooting guard Quinten Payne is a guy that could very well figure into the national rankings as he continues to develop.

#victory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:19 pm 

I thought Cully Payne could play immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:37 pm 

Scholarship players have to sit out one year I think? Right? ... it was awfully nice of him to convince his brohiem to commit to Loyola though...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:52 pm 

I read in the paper they had some great point guard who decommitted but said Loyola still was his first choice. That sounds like a shakedown.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon

'tis true. The name and the visage of Seamus Noisewater is kept in the hearts and minds of wee footballers from Count Wexford to the Aran Isles..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:35 am 

USA get the victory of Russia. It is most likely their only victory but it was a nice one. Australia will most likely crush them next. They have an outside chance against Italy in their last game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:13 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
USA get the victory of Russia. It is most likely their only victory but it was a nice one. Australia will most likely crush them next. They have an outside chance against Italy in their last game.

The Wallabies should pummel them. I watched most of the Ireland match and the US played pretty well defensively up until the middle part of the second half. Ireland just wore them down.

All Blacks laid a beating down on Japan. 13 tries scored.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:35 pm 

New Zealand wins the rugby world cup with a tough 8-7 victory over France.