It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ouch
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Now that just hurt. I watched most of the game through my fingers. Frickin' Buckeyes are good. Fans are some of the biggest bunch of assholes that ever walked into Ryan field, but the team and the coach were phenomenal. Can't wait to watch the Blue and Maize take on the Scarlet and Gray next week.

Post subject: Pulling for Michigan!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:05 am 

Maybe if Michigan can bet OSU my Badgers can get some additional respect from football fans and the Chicag media! As Urlacher says "we can only play who is on the schedule." We gave Michigan a game until a muffed punt in the 2nd half. What a great year for a new coach ( Coach of the Year) and a team picked to finish in the middle of the Big Ten!

On Wisconsin!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:45 am 

Amen, brother. Your guys look awesome this year. Very very very overlooked. Just look at who is above you in the AP and USA today polls... no respect for the Badgers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:00 pm 

Maybe it was the overconfidence or the fact that some NW fans are jerky too (honestly now I am not saying you, but my experience with NW fans has been far from nice - they are among the worst I have experienced), but the OSu fans that came up to Iowa City were among the most pleasant and knowledgeable fans around. Had a good time chatting with them before, during and after the game. Wisconsin fans are pretty good too. Purdue fans, not so nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:51 pm 

I had the opportunity to run in run into some OSU fans on Friday night at Navy Pier (I was going to see Hamlet, they were trying to see what a building over 5 stories in height looks like from a distance). Is it really necessary to wear Ohio State clothes for the entire weekend?

I get it. You are a fan and you are on the road trying to represent. However, you are not traveling to some hostile two bit town whose citizens are anxiously awaiting kickoff. This is Chicago. When you wear OSU, Iowa etc. gear on a Friday night, you look like just another goober who came in for the weekend to see what a big city looks like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:10 am 

Vince, I'm actually flabbergasted that someone thinks poorly of the NU fans. I take my kids to the games all the time and it is one of the most pleasant times i've had. Usually a quiet crowd, many of them with their families. The worst I usually hear from NU students is an occassional SAT score chant. That's harmless, particularly relative to what I heard from the Buckeye fans every year they invade Evanston.

When I have my four year old girl next to me and I have a Buckeye student (I presume) yelling "Shut the F UP" to a frickin' four year old girl.... I have to scratch my head. AND this is peanuts to how I was treated when I visited the Horseshoe. The Buckeye fans were the worst... BY FAR. And I don't think it's generally the students. I think it is the rednecks in the greater Columbutucky area that think the Buckeyes are their Pro Team. Generally, the dOSU students and alumni I've met have been as you suggested. It's the people with no real affiliation to the school that tend to be the problem.

I know I know... every teams' fanbase has some bad apples. I just think dOSU has more. The only other bad experience I've had with my kids was with Spartan fans. But that was only one time. I can only judge on personal experience. That... and perhaps which fans tend to roll cars over and set them on fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:32 pm 

Maybe it's the ones who travel Mud. Just my experience. Tis all. tOSU had good fans in Iowa City even with the 7 PM start.

What you had happen was awful with your daughter. They should be ashamed of that. I curse a bit but watch it around kids because I dont people doing that when my kids are there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

That may be bad for Evanston, but it's tame compared to the SEC. In the Swamp, the fans on the upper deck pee on the opposing team's fans below. They throw bottles at opposing fans and push and elbow them as they are walking to and from their seats. They yell "GET THE F OUT OF OUR STADIUM" in organized cheers. Wearing the opposing colors in the Swamp is a death wish. And the UF cops? They've seen it all before. Short of a death, they see and do nothing. Part of the Gators' home field advantage is that once an opposing fan goes there once, they never return.