It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2013 IHSA Football
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Batavia is owning Geneva tonight as expected. I did not realize that Matt Rodawold played for Geneva back in the day. I probably played against him then freshman or sophomore year unless he was bad ass enough to be on the varsity team that early.

Kaneland is absolutely blowing out Sterling in Sterling. I remember when Sterling used to be good and Detroit Tiger pitcher Casey Crosby had to haul in an OT TD for Kaneland in the playoffs to score the W.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Batavia could have scored 60+ points tonight. Most of the starters sat the entire 4th quarter. And yes, Rodey did play for Geneva HS.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 pm 

CSN Chicago To Air 'IHSA Football Playoff Pairing Release Show' Saturday

Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 16:24

Comcast SportsNet Chicago will have a special live show this Saturday evening, which will announce the brackets and first round match-ups of all 256 playoff qualifiers across eight classes for the Illinois High School Association's (IHSA) football program.

The "IHSA Football Playoff Pairing Release Show" will air from 8:00pm-10:00pm this Saturday, October 26th.

CSN anchor Jen Lada will host the special show. She will be joined in the studio by such guests as veteran IHSA TV announcer Dave Bernhard, Kankakee Daily Journal sportswriter Steve Soucie, and making his first in-studio appearance, CSN Chicago's new prep football expert "Edgy" Tim O'Halloran.

Additionally, Matt Rodewald will manage the interactive desk, chatting with fans via social media and taking their questions to the air. Rodewald is the WSCR-AM/670 The Score host/reporter and WTVO-TV/WQRF-TV (Rockford) reporter/anchor, who also happens to be a veteran broadcaster for ISHA TV. Fans who wish to interact with Rodewald, Lada, or the guests of the "IHSA Football Playoff Pairing Release Show," can do so on Saturday night by using the hashtag #IHSA.

Along with the in-studio guests, the show will feature high school coaches and media guests from across the state of Illinois.

For the first time, fans will get to vote on which coach will be interviewed on the show. The coaches to choose from are:
1A - Matt Leng, Fisher High School
2A - Mike McElroy, Elverado-Trico Coop (Elkville)
3A - Tim Nolen, Robinson High School
4A - Anthony Faltin, Walter Payton College Prep (Chicago)
5A - Darin Driscoll, Limestone High School (Bartonville)
6A - Rick Little, Quincy High School
7A - Joe Wardynski, Wheaton North High School
8A - Craig Buzea, Homewood-Flossmoor High School

To vote, visit the poll at CSNChicago.com/Preps or visit the Twitter page @IHSAState and retweet or mark as a favorite the name of the coach on there.

CSN Chicago will also have camera crews at school parties across the state to catch live reations to the announcements made on the show that night.

Phil Bedella, Vice President and General Manager of Comcast SportsNet Chicago, said this week: "The 'IHSA Football Playoff Pairing Show' continues to be one of the most highly-anticipated events in the state of Illinois and we couldn't be prouder to showcase two-straight hours of live, interactive coverage to our on-air and online viewers on Saturday night."

"This is one of the most exciting nights of the year," said IHSA Executive Director Marty Hickman. "It is a great opportunity for teams and communities to come together and celebrate their accomplishments from the regular-season. This show has become an IHSA tradition and we are proud to partner with Comcast SportsNet Chicago, who does so much to enhance the experience for viewers across the state and country."

Along with broadcasting the special live on CSN Chicago, the "IHSA Football Playoff Pairing Release Show" will also stream live on CSNChicago.com & IHSA.tv.

Comcast SportsNet Chicago will carry live coverage of the Class 1A-8A IHSA Football Championships from Memorial Stadium in Champaign, IL next month.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivities/BoysFootball/StateSeriesInformationResults.aspx?url=/data/fb/5pair.htm

TV coverage anywhere by chance?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:12 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

It was broadcast on the interwebs last night. A glorious 35-0 win at Peterson field. You are probably old enough to know who the fuck Peterson is.

highschoolcube.com has the games.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
IHSA.tv also has games...
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/channels/illinois/

click on the "upcoming" tab.

Some pretty good ones this weekend...
Montini vs. Joliet Catholic
Maine South vs. Loyola

also...while initially agreeing to joining the CCL for 2014-2015, Marian Central is now joining the ESCC
http://www.eastsuburbancc.com/documents/MCC.pdf

Should be great for girls sports, and will certainly raise the competition (and commutes) for baseball and soccer....not so sure this is a benefit for football other than to get away from Marmion and Montini. Marist, Naz, JC, Providence, Benet, Carmel...could be pretty nasty.
:?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
IHSA.tv also has games...
http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/channels/illinois/

click on the "upcoming" tab.

Some pretty good ones this weekend...
Montini vs. Joliet Catholic
Maine South vs. Loyola

also...while initially agreeing to joining the CCL for 2014-2015, Marian Central is now joining the ESCC
http://www.eastsuburbancc.com/documents/MCC.pdf

Should be great for girls sports, and will certainly raise the competition (and commutes) for baseball and soccer....not so sure this is a benefit for football other than to get away from Marmion and Montini. Marist, Naz, JC, Providence, Benet, Carmel...could be pretty nasty.

Montini -vs- JC was a good one.
Maine South -vs Loyola wasn't a good one.
EP losing in the 1st round shouldn't have happened.

Last edited by Scorehead on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:21 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Woodstock isn't east of anything but Rockford. Pick up a map, you statue-worshipers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:49 pm 

Pick your poison -> Marist/JC/ND/St Pats/Nazareth/Benet or Mt Carmel/St Rita/Loyola/Fenwick/McNamara

Neither seem all that attractive. At least they are able to bring all their teams into the ESCC.

ESCC baseball is arguably the best conference in the state. I loved playing in that conference - game in and game out, you saw some great teams.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

the CCL was going to have a Green division with the SCC schools and Fenwick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 am 

the CCL was going to have a Green division with the SCC schools and Fenwick.

I was at Fenwick last week and they had banners for both conferences hanging in their gym

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

interesting tidbit(s).

3A title game: the head coach of Stillman Valley, Mike Lalor, was a senior on Marian's last state championship in 1989. I was a freshman and played football and baseball with his twin younger brothers, Chris and Tim, all four years. Tim is now a teacher at Marian and an Asst. Coach for Marian's varsity.

7A title game: the head coach of Lake Zurich, Dave Profit, was my head coach at Marian my Jr. and Senior years.
the last time Marian was in the title game (2005) they lost to Springfield Sacred Heart Griffith (Montini's opponent on Saturday). Lake Zurich lost their last time in the title game as well in 2010.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Simeon 3-peated and are on their way to winning another sports triple crown.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 pm 

Montini is going to lose!!!

I am loving seeing the private school powerhouses go down!! Aurora Christian, JC and now Montini.....even though SHG is a private school powerhouse themself.

I guess its not over but they are down 10 with under 5.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:59 pm 

Batavia Bulldogs. 6A State champs!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:02 pm 

About time they won one. They really peaked this year at the right time. There is some damn good public school football in the area.....even with Beebe poaching everyone he can poach.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:54 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
About time they won one. They really peaked this year at the right time. There is some damn good public school football in the area.....even with Beebe poaching everyone he can poach.

Beebe attracts talent because of his name. Private schools can recruit. That's the way it has always been.

Thanksgiving weekend is one of my favorite weekends off the year. Thursday is Thanksgiving at our house...Friday we go cut down our X-Mas tree, put it up & decorate the house while watching the IHSA class 1,2,3 & 4 playoff games & the Blackhawks...& Saturday is the IHSA class 5, 6, 7, & 8 playoff games & the Blackhawks...& Bears on Sunday. It doesn't get much better.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm 

I am well aware that they can recruit and it blows for the public school teams in many of the middle divisions. 5A is pure hell. Somehow 4A is immune. AC pisses me off because they are so small that they can float anywhere from 2A and up. Just make a damn private school class already. They can all fit into it and it wont screw the teams that they have an unfair advantage over.

Still...this is why its awesome to see teams like Batavia win.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:17 am 

I am well aware that they can recruit and it blows for the public school teams in many of the middle divisions. 5A is pure hell. Somehow 4A is immune. AC pisses me off because they are so small that they can float anywhere from 2A and up. Just make a damn private school class already. They can all fit into it and it wont screw the teams that they have an unfair advantage over.

I usually root against the private schools, especially when they are playing a public school. I've never thought about creating conferences consisting of private schools only, but its an interesting idea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:31 pm 

All those disadvantages like free education, more competitive pay for coaches, better facilities, programs that begin indoctrination at 4th grade or sooner and generally larger student populations?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:58 pm 

This is a joke, right? If you don't think public schools recruit, you are kidding yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:12 am 

muman89 wrote:

This is a joke, right? If you don't think public schools recruit, you are kidding yourself.

Do you need someone here to explain the difference between the rules for public schools -vs- private schools? You do understand that public schools are allowed students who live in their school district, while private schools can recruit nationwide....right?
Do you understand the difference between public & private schools?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Scorehead wrote:
muman89 wrote:

Do you need someone here to explain the difference between the rules for public schools -vs- private schools? You do understand that public schools are allowed students who live in their school district, while private schools can recruit nationwide....right?
Do you understand the difference between public & private schools?

What he's telling you is that public schools recruit and the kid is suddenly living with "family friends" who just happen to be in the district of the public powerhouse he suddenly transferred to.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 am 

or a suburban missionary returns from a year away with three new wards that all happen to be over 6'5"

look at the basketball landscape over the past few years. I seems rare for kids to be at the same high school for four years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:12 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
or a suburban missionary returns from a year away with three new wards that all happen to be over 6'5"

look at the basketball landscape over the past few years. I seems rare for kids to be at the same high school for four years.

Well, in fairness to Scorehead, he strikes me as Suburban Joe, and I don't think all the dirty transfers are quite as prevalent in the hinterlands as they are in the Chicago Public League. But they don't really need to be since Naperville Central has about twice as many students as Loyola and doesn't get hit with a 1.65 multiplier.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 am 

It happens even in the suburbs. Jerome Richmond attended three high schools, IIRC, each one being poorer academically than the previous.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
It happens even in the suburbs. Jerome Richmond attended three high schools, IIRC, each one being poorer academically than the previous.

Well, he went to North Shore Country Day. I think it's okay for him to transfer to his local school which I believe was Evanston. Then they fancy-danced him into Waukegan. I'm not saying Evanston has never sneaked a city kid who could play ball into school, especially maybe one who lived close to the border. High Ridge Chargers represent! But I would say Evanston has lost more good players to recruiting than they have gained. Hello Cory Blackwell!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:14 pm 

So you guys were only able to come up with one public school player who was "recruited"? Public school recruiting is very very rare.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

Scorehead wrote:
So you guys were only able to come up with one public school player who was "recruited"? Public school recruiting is very very rare.

No, it isn't. Half the guys on the average Simeon basketball team started somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

No, it isn't. Half the guys on the average Simeon basketball team started somewhere else.

Despite my discomfort posting in this thread, the last time Whitney Young won state in basketball, many/most of the kids where from as far away as Burr Ridge & River Forest, and a number hadn't ever actually formally applied/tested for admission.

But I'm not exactly about to sympathize with the schools who have at least 5 coaches for each team, actual trainers & multi million dollar on campus facilities for several sports. Frankly I have just always assumed that all city/suburban/public/private schools with $$$ and friends of the program cheat anyway.