It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Curie Forfeits Season
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Curie, the #2 HS boys team in the country, has forfeited their season since 7 players were academically ineligible. Need to carry a 2.0 GPA to play.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Who blew the whistle?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:07 am 

Nas wrote:
Who blew the whistle?

John Groce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
:lol: I just threw the Curie hat on the floor and put the Young hat on my head.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Sports help build character!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
:lol: I just threw the Curie hat on the floor and put the Young hat on my head.

Wait wait just a minute... from ESPN Chicago

Curie still may be allowed to compete for a state championship. That's because the Illinois High School Association has different requirements for eligibility. Students must pass five courses and achieve a minimum of 2.5 credits at the time of the tournament, district officials said.

IHSA Executive Director Marty Hickman said in a statement that the organization is still reviewing the district's report on the investigation, and it will be in a position to make a decision by Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
did they all just fail one test? lol

I always have a HUGE problem with this issue and the way it is administered.

This is when ACADEMIA gets noticed, this when they can tell everyone how important they are.

does anyone really think having these kids cancel their state champ playoff run is going to do them some good?

If you want to tell me a kid is ineligible to play to start a season and you have provided him a path to doing better, which would then allow him to play, thats fine. if he doesnt make it, he has to sit, but sitting them down and crushing anything they worked for...no matter what it is...is just dumb!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

It just means that the coaches and athletic departments don't have a great relationship with the teachers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:33 pm 

Nas wrote:
It just means that the coaches and athletic departments don't have a great relationship with the teachers.

Very few head coaches in CPS are teachers and very few Ads are certified.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:

When I played sports at Simeon there were teachers who respected the jersey you wore. Whenever I got in trouble all I would have to do is go down to the disciplinarian. He just so happened to be the football coach (Al Scott) and he would just make me role the dice. After a few hits with the paddle I was back in class again. They were willing to allow you to make up just about any assignment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:22 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 am 

It is a privilege to play high school sports. While this is a ham handed effort, I have no problem with high school students being told to sit if they lose focus on the primary reason they are enrolled in an institution.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:20 pm 

Three players ruled Ineligible for state playoffs. Two rumored to be their guards. If true, they're not going too far.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Nas wrote:

When I played sports at Simeon there were teachers who respected the jersey you wore. Whenever I got in trouble all I would have to do is go down to the disciplinarian. He just so happened to be the football coach (Al Scott) and he would just make me role the dice. After a few hits with the paddle I was back in class again. They were willing to allow you to make up just about any assignment.

Remember this well myself, thank goodness it only happened twice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:46 pm 

Lose to 18 seed DuSable in first playoff game. Alexander fouls out in 4th. Lose in OT.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
conns7901 wrote:
Lose to 18 seed DuSable in first playoff game. Alexander fouls out in 4th. Lose in OT.

Tough break. Next time hit the fucking books like you should've been doing all along.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:06 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
7 kids can't maintain a 2.0?
That's... terrible. How does that happen?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Hawg Ass wrote:

Remember this well myself, thank goodness it only happened twice.[/quote]

i had a variation of this.... after 3 years of being an anonymous great-grades/high-test-scores kid, senior year i simply just didn't give a fuck... and when one kid smeared cream cheese on the back of my neck during lunch, i took a whole container of condiment and rubbed it on his face before i was about to kill the motherfucker.

i get taken to the dean, first time ever.... and i get this schpiel like "well we're looking at your history here.... [notices that i'm the reason they get bonuses and acclimation as a "blue ribbon school" and basically that i'm the reason they're 6 figures if they hang around] and this clearly isn't you, so we're going to write this off as a freak incident that was likely caused by the other person involved and if we see you again then we might have to start talking about discipline"

i got that 2-3 more times senior year. schools know where their bread is buttered, you know? #30PlusACTClub

Last edited by sinicalypse on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Sini you're a pretty big dude. Cant believe people would take liberties like that with you.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
badrogue17 wrote:
Sini you're a pretty big dude. Cant believe people would take liberties like that with you.

welp, it was a recurring theme i had in life... i was indeed big and pudgy, but i was extremely passive. as such i had this thing where short little kids like mark and dean used to fuck with me... total napoleon complex. mark used to go out of his way to elbow me and kind of jump punch me in 6th-7th grade gym class football.basketball, but he was a prototypical little wigger kid who eventually gave me and my friends the stamp of approval when we got better weed than him and like AA would later say "he wanted some of what we had" =D

dean was the cream cheese kid, and i might have embellished a bit with the condiment... but i'll always remember working at the library he came up years later and thought i was cool and wanted me to hear his half-assed attempt at rapping. it was laughably bad and i was just so perfect.... i mean yeah project wackzilla over here i'n laughably bad at writen raps, but when i'm on my game i can occasionally garner the respect of the greatest rapper in the world. i do my thing. dean on the other hand? oh my lord i hope that kid made $$$ cuz he prolly had to stunt hard to pull a decent chick away from the 6 foot tall crowd.

so these little napoleon motherfuckers used to have a field day with me because 1) i was big 2) i was smart so it was like when you're in the hood you gotta watch out for those little 12-16 year olds trying to earn their stripes (only time i've ever been robbed in the westside? that) and that's what it was here. total bullshit.

anyways, oh yeah curie.... welp.... whatever who honestly gives a shit about highschool basketball other than alumni and/or david kaplan?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:12 pm 
Site Admin

All of a sudden Big Cliff doesn't like the cameras? Mommy and Daddy had to put a coat over his head as if he was just charged with a couple of felonies. It was just a basketball game. So come on, kid, put on that Jayhawks cap and dance a foxtrot at half court. Somebody call ESPN!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
All of a sudden Big Cliff doesn't like the cameras? Mommy and Daddy had to put a coat over his head as if he was just charged with a couple of felonies. It was just a basketball game. So come on, kid, put on that Jayhawks cap and dance a foxtrot at half court. Somebody call ESPN!

That might be the moment of the year for Illini basketball fans.

Enjoy. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Darkside wrote:
7 kids can't maintain a 2.0?
That's... terrible. How does that happen?

you are obviously not married to a teacher. this would not be difficult to understand if you were.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You know, he's just a dumb 18 year old kid. I'd feel bad for him if he hadn't gone on TV to announce his college choice. I'm not even talking about the childish shit with the caps. And I know they all do it these days. Did no one learn anything from "The Decision"? If you're gonna play the part of the big time star, you better figure out how to handle things when they don't go your way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:35 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You know, he's just a dumb 18 year old kid. I'd feel bad for him if he hadn't gone on TV to announce his college choice. I'm not even talking about the childish shit with the caps. And I know they all do it these days. Did no one learn anything from "The Decision"? If you're gonna play the part of the big time star, you better figure out how to handle things when they don't go your way.

No, I just think it's fitting. He gave crap to a bunch of local "fans" dying for him to join their crowd, laughed about it and now has to learn to eat shit at a young (yet overexposed) age.

Nice life lesson if you ask me. And to think I almost still hate the Illini. :lol: