It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
My alma mater Illinois State in with 5 seed and first round bye. 24 team playoff system.
Take that Div I Bowl Series!

Image

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9416
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Congratulations again to North Dakota State on their championship season.

_________________
"Parking is optional. Shitting is not." -- Crystal Lake Hoffy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
newper wrote:
Congratulations again to North Dakota State on their championship season.

A couple of my better friends son has committed to go play there next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9416
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Hawg Ass wrote:
newper wrote:
Congratulations again to North Dakota State on their championship season.

A couple of my better friends son has committed to go play there next year.

They are the Alabama of I-AA.

_________________
"Parking is optional. Shitting is not." -- Crystal Lake Hoffy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
newper wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
newper wrote:
Congratulations again to North Dakota State on their championship season.

A couple of my better friends son has committed to go play there next year.

They are the Alabama of I-AA.

I have since learned about them, yes they are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9416
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Alabama State is the Vanderbilt of 1-AA

_________________
"Parking is optional. Shitting is not." -- Crystal Lake Hoffy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Illinois State goes on the road and plays Eastern Washington in the quarterfinals tomorrow afternoon.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Illinois State wins 59-46 and travel to New Hampshire this Saturday to face a top seeded
New Hampshire team. This is the second time the Redbirds have made the national
semi-finals.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 10562
IL State on to the title game :D

_________________
Frank Coztansa wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Not over yet.
Yes it is.


long time guy wrote:
(OKC) will be the #2 seed in the West due to these 2 moves. Watch out world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16486
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Great game today. I'm happy for Illinois State. Knocked out the #1 FCS team. They will have their hands full with the ND State Bison.

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
The coach for Whitewater in D3 ( he is headed to Buffalo) lost as many games in his 8 years of coaching as he won National Championships, 6. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Ordering my official championship T-shirt for myself and a few select alumni.
I know it is ghey but not sure when ISU will be good at basketball again like they
were back in the late 90's when I was there.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Noon kick Saturday on ESPN2. Illinois State vs. three time defending champ North Dakota State.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 2839
Location: Lindenhurst
pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
T-Bone wrote:
Ordering my official championship T-shirt for myself and a few select alumni.
I know it is ghey but not sure when ISU will be good at basketball again like they
were back in the late 90's when I was there.


I was there 90-95, T-Bone.

This is quite a shift as the football program back then was dreadful. My time at ISU was sandwiched between the 89 tournament appearance and the Stallings era.

shitty time for sports, but what a kick-ass campus. I'll be watching Saturday!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
wdelaney72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Ordering my official championship T-shirt for myself and a few select alumni.
I know it is ghey but not sure when ISU will be good at basketball again like they
were back in the late 90's when I was there.


I was there 90-95, T-Bone.

This is quite a shift as the football program back then was dreadful. My time at ISU was sandwiched between the 89 tournament appearance and the Stallings era.

shitty time for sports, but what a kick-ass campus. I'll be watching Saturday!

Mr. Delaney is part of the old guy group on CSFMB too. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 2839
Location: Lindenhurst
pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Ordering my official championship T-shirt for myself and a few select alumni.
I know it is ghey but not sure when ISU will be good at basketball again like they
were back in the late 90's when I was there.


I was there 90-95, T-Bone.

This is quite a shift as the football program back then was dreadful. My time at ISU was sandwiched between the 89 tournament appearance and the Stallings era.

shitty time for sports, but what a kick-ass campus. I'll be watching Saturday!

Mr. Delaney is part of the old guy group on CSFMB too. 8)


I was a HS teacher from 1997-2000. No one calls me Mr. Delaney anymore...not even friends of my children. :lol:

yes...I'm old at 42.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16486
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
T-Bone wrote:
Noon kick Saturday on ESPN2. Illinois State vs. three time defending champ North Dakota State.


As a huge college football fan & a fan of the lower levels, I am really looking forward to this game. Not sure if the Red Birds can hang with the Bison though.

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Scorehead wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Noon kick Saturday on ESPN2. Illinois State vs. three time defending champ North Dakota State.


As a huge college football fan & a fan of the lower levels, I am really looking forward to this game. Not sure if the Red Birds can hang with the Bison though.


Yes, it will be a tough task. I thought the Redbirds would be stopped by #1 seed Delaware but they prevailed in
a tough game.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 28980
Location: SW Burbs
Anybody know why they are playing this game at a soccer stadium in Texas?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:15 pm
Posts: 36804
Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
So that's where Tre Roberson landed.

_________________
www.CFRCast.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 9416
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
newper wrote:
Congratulations again to North Dakota State on their championship season.

Although ISU should be proud as well!

_________________
"Parking is optional. Shitting is not." -- Crystal Lake Hoffy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:17 pm
Posts: 17644
Location: Iowa
pizza_Place: Trump Tower
newper wrote:
newper wrote:
Congratulations again to North Dakota State on their championship season.

Although ISU should be proud as well!

SO PROUD!

_________________
MAGA Exposure empowers Snowflakes' Light


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
It was a pretty good game. I thought ISU had it but their defense was on the field for almost 40
minutes and they looked tired that last drive. It was a good run.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group