It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
first post as the end of the year approaches

I think this team might actually make a post season for the first time in what seems like a decade. They sit at 18-12. They stepped up in class by joining the Missouri Valley but have been much more competitive at 8-10. Good things are ahead for the Ramblers.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:34 pm
Posts: 315
They beat the crap out of Indiana State last night; it's too bad that Milton Doyle was out for 11 or so games; Loyola was 14 -5 with him in the lineup; 4-7 without.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Solid team, well coached, would like to see them in thr NCAA but that aint happening.

I assume you are taling NIT or the CBB or that 4th tourney in my parents driveway.

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
There is a lot of positive momentum with this program. They had a major facilities upgrade three years ago and a major conference upgrade two years ago. They were competitive in that conference this year and I believe have plenty coming back. I think they are deserving of getting into one of the secondary post seasons.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
made the CBI tournament but probably deserved better

nice treat and should be a good stepping stone to bigger things. MVC will be wide open with Northern Iowa and Wichita State losing a lot to graduation

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 30123
Location: West Side
pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
good dolphin wrote:
made the CBI tournament but probably deserved better

Is the Gus Macker still around?

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
I rarely troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
Elite Eight baby!

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 28980
Location: SW Burbs
spmack wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
made the CBI tournament but probably deserved better

Is the Gus Macker still around?

:lol: Man I used to play in 2 or 3 of those every single summer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
Game versus Anal Roberts on Monday at 7 pm at The Joe. Anyone want to join me in rushing the court?

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45518
Location: Darkside Estates
good dolphin wrote:
Game versus Anal Roberts on Monday at 7 pm at The Joe. Anyone want to join me in rushing the court?

Rushing onto the wood for anal?

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
FINAL FOUR...of the cbi

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
On to the championship series (three games to win this tournament)

I know it isn't the highest of bars but I think this is a big step for this program

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 28980
Location: SW Burbs
good dolphin wrote:
On to the championship series (three games to win this tournament)

I know it isn't the highest of bars but I think this is a big step for this program

They're still playing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
Yes. CBI

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
spanky wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
On to the championship series (three games to win this tournament)

I know it isn't the highest of bars but I think this is a big step for this program

They're still playing?

Yes at the local Y.M.C.A.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
They have won (and covered) every game in this tournament. However, every game has been at home. Now they have to go on the road to Monroe needing to win one of two games. I like their chances.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
playing tonight for the championship. Go Ramblers!

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36191
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
spanky wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
On to the championship series (three games to win this tournament)

I know it isn't the highest of bars but I think this is a big step for this program

They're still playing?

Yes at the local Y.M.C.A.

Loyola has a better arena than Northwestern or DePaul. The best one, of all places, seems to be Chicago State...

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I will say the CBI provides a great backstory, better than the NIT

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:34 pm
Posts: 315
Loyola is the CBI Champion; well, it's something...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 28980
Location: SW Burbs
didea wrote:
Loyola is the CBI Champion; well, it's something...

we're #101!
We're #101!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
Like didea wrote, it's something. There is a lot of positive momentum heading into this off season. They have a lot coming back next year. I wish Moser would recruit some size. I expect a winning conference record and a top 3 finish in the MVC next year. That will give them an outside shot at a NCAA berth and a solid spot in the NIT.

At least some team in this city is giving off positive vibes.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
good dolphin wrote:
Like didea wrote, it's something. There is a lot of positive momentum heading into this off season. They have a lot coming back next year. I wish Moser would recruit some size. I expect a winning conference record and a top 3 finish in the MVC next year. That will give them an outside shot at a NCAA berth and a solid spot in the NIT.

At least some team in this city is giving off positive vibes.


Top 3 finish in the MVC might be a stretch. I don't know who Wichita St and Northern Iowa lose but I know that Illinois State is on the rise again. Loyola finished 8-10
in the MVC this season but 3rd place was only 11-7 so there is room to move up there.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52742
T-Bone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Like didea wrote, it's something. There is a lot of positive momentum heading into this off season. They have a lot coming back next year. I wish Moser would recruit some size. I expect a winning conference record and a top 3 finish in the MVC next year. That will give them an outside shot at a NCAA berth and a solid spot in the NIT.

At least some team in this city is giving off positive vibes.


Top 3 finish in the MVC might be a stretch. I don't know who Wichita St and Northern Iowa lose but I know that Illinois State is on the rise again. Loyola finished 8-10
in the MVC this season but 3rd place was only 11-7 so there is room to move up there.


Northern Iowa loses everyone. Wichita State still is the class of the league if Van Vleet stays. I think Illinois State and Loyola battle for second.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Like didea wrote, it's something. There is a lot of positive momentum heading into this off season. They have a lot coming back next year. I wish Moser would recruit some size. I expect a winning conference record and a top 3 finish in the MVC next year. That will give them an outside shot at a NCAA berth and a solid spot in the NIT.

At least some team in this city is giving off positive vibes.


Top 3 finish in the MVC might be a stretch. I don't know who Wichita St and Northern Iowa lose but I know that Illinois State is on the rise again. Loyola finished 8-10
in the MVC this season but 3rd place was only 11-7 so there is room to move up there.


Northern Iowa loses everyone. Wichita State still is the class of the league if Van Vleet stays. I think Illinois State and Loyola battle for second.


I see the Wichita coach re-upped for 7 more years at 3 million per season. They should continue to recruit well. He'll be gone in another year or two when the
right school comes calling.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19705
T-Bone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Like didea wrote, it's something. There is a lot of positive momentum heading into this off season. They have a lot coming back next year. I wish Moser would recruit some size. I expect a winning conference record and a top 3 finish in the MVC next year. That will give them an outside shot at a NCAA berth and a solid spot in the NIT.

At least some team in this city is giving off positive vibes.


Top 3 finish in the MVC might be a stretch. I don't know who Wichita St and Northern Iowa lose but I know that Illinois State is on the rise again. Loyola finished 8-10
in the MVC this season but 3rd place was only 11-7 so there is room to move up there.


Northern Iowa loses everyone. Wichita State still is the class of the league if Van Vleet stays. I think Illinois State and Loyola battle for second.


I see the Wichita coach re-upped for 7 more years at 3 million per season. They should continue to recruit well. He'll be gone in another year or two when the
right school comes calling.

I wonder if he will T-bone, that is a lot of dough and if he is comfortable he may stay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 12946
Location: On my way to the gym
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I see the Wichita coach re-upped for 7 more years at 3 million per season. They should continue to recruit well. He'll be gone in another year or two when the
right school comes calling.

I wonder if he will T-bone, that is a lot of dough and if he is comfortable he may stay.


I guess he turned down $4 million a year from Alabama. He is waiting for a top basketball school to come calling. $3 million goes an awful long way in
Wichita I'd guess.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 28980
Location: SW Burbs
I think Loyola has a solid chance to build on this season's momentum and could lose the in the first round of next year's NIT @Colorado St if the cards fall right.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group