It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
On CSN Plus right now.

Villanova's only hope.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Brunson is pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:14 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Brunson is pretty good.

BREAKING NEWS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:27 pm 

Brunson is pretty good.

Patrick Ewing agrees.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
spanky wrote:
Brunson is pretty good.

BREAKING NEWS

he was terrible in the semi final game and almost cost the team the game with his horrific shooting, but it was the polar opposite in the championship game where he dominated.

Still, he's no Derrick Rose. That guy was a treat to watch at Simeon. I'll never forget his junior year when he dominated downstate and then his senior year he was so good he decided to just pass to his teammates so they could get some glory...that's how much he was able to control high school basketball.

Who knew that that would most likely be the last glory Rose experienced on the court. What a shame.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Really nowhere to put this and not worth starting a new thread over. Anyway I read that my old high school is looking for a new basketball coach.
Hopefully they find a good one and pull the program back together. I played for Bader and Ramsey when they started the turnaround in the early 90s.
What I didn't realize that Warren has 4262 students now, that is crazy. I think there were 1600 when I went to school there just over 20 years ago.

No. 3: WARREN

Why it’s open: After just three seasons, Ryan Webber bolted and returned to the Quad Cities area, where he was named head coach at United Township in East Moline earlier this week.

The history: While the history of the program isn’t as long and illustrious as some of the other programs on this list, the last 25 years have been awfully good.

After coach Darrel Bader built up the program in the late 1980s and early 1990s, coach Chuck Ramsey took it to another level in his 19 years as Warren became a state power. From 1999 to 2012, Ramsey’s teams averaged 22 wins a season with 11 regional and six sectional titles. Warren finished second in the state in 1999 and 2011.

Why it’s so appealing: Talent in high school basketball is generally cyclical, and there appears to be a bit of a downward cycle in comparison to the talent this school was churning out during the Ramsey years. But with some very high-level success in the program’s recent history, there is a basketball tradition established.

Plus, there is this number: 4,262. That is the current student enrollment at Warren, which makes it one of the bigger high schools in the state, which provides a large pool of student-athletes for a coach to build with.

Interestingly, veteran coach Don Kloth was hired this past year as a part of Webber’s staff. Might the former Zion-Benton head coach, who won 528 games with the Zee-Bees, be a potential candidate at Warren?

It could become more interesting if rumors that new outside hires in the school district will be very limited in what they will be paid and the years of experience they will be given. That could increase the chances for internal candidates, including Kloth, who is already retired.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
T-Bone wrote:
After just three seasons, Ryan Webber bolted and returned to the Quad Cities area, where he was named head coach at United Township in East Moline earlier this week.

Quad Cities...representin'...

EAST MOLINE!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
lipidquadcab wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
After just three seasons, Ryan Webber bolted and returned to the Quad Cities area, where he was named head coach at United Township in East Moline earlier this week.

Quad Cities...representin'...

EAST MOLINE!!!

Not sure what kind of coach he is. Had a 50-40 record at Warren but pretty tough competition in the northern burbs.