It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:37 am
Posts: 248
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mens-college ... ball-coach


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:37 am
Posts: 248
Virginia didnt go so well for Leitao. He might have maxxed out the last time he was here.


The lady A.D. sure has stuck around a while. Theres no football to worry about. She has done OK with womans basketball, but the big money comes from the men's program and after 13 years, it still sucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10489
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I don't even know what to say about this other than "whatever".

This program lost me a long time ago.

The last Depaul game i went to was in 2002 when I helped organize a walk out to protest the awful coaching of Pat Kennedy. Here is an article about it from USA Today with a quote from me at the bottom...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/basketball/men/games/2002-02-09-ecu-depaul.htm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 42809
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
shakes wrote:
I don't even know what to say about this other than "whatever".

This program lost me a long time ago.

The last Depaul game i went to was in 2002 when I helped organize a walk out to protest the awful coaching of Pat Kennedy. Here is an article about it from USA Today with a quote from me at the bottom...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/basketball/men/games/2002-02-09-ecu-depaul.htm


Little did you realize it would never be that good again. :lol:

_________________
We acknowledge that we are on the traditional territory of bigfan, slumlord, and denisdman.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10489
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:
I don't even know what to say about this other than "whatever".

This program lost me a long time ago.

The last Depaul game i went to was in 2002 when I helped organize a walk out to protest the awful coaching of Pat Kennedy. Here is an article about it from USA Today with a quote from me at the bottom...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/basketball/men/games/2002-02-09-ecu-depaul.htm


Little did you realize it would never be that good again. :lol:


I know, right. I'd gladly take a snake oil salesman like Kennedy now. A guy like that who buys recruits, but can't coach...all he needs is to by himself a Grade A point guard who can coach the team on the floor and even a coach who can't coach can find success. Look what Tark did once he got Greg Anthony. No coincidence that when Anthony fouled out vs Duke with 10 minutes left they went on to lose to a team they beat by about 50 the year before.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
While I dont like the hire for the time and situation, they kinda have 1 more shot before the plug should be pulled on this program.

2 years of construction on the arena and if Leitao's team is not producing a better recruits and some potential, he gets a 3rd year and someone else gets the new arena to recruit as the last great hope for dePaul to continue to play Div I basketball

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 36160
Location: Happy Valley Goose Bay, NL
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Have they broken ground on the Rahmitorium yet?

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10489
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
bigfan wrote:
While I dont like the hire for the time and situation, they kinda have 1 more shot before the plug should be pulled on this program.

2 years of construction on the arena and if Leitao's team is not producing a better recruits and some potential, he gets a 3rd year and someone else gets the new arena to recruit as the last great hope for dePaul to continue to play Div I basketball



What new arena?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The Rahmdome....

if CHUY wins though he will try and cancel the deal...lol...

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 10489
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
bigfan wrote:
The Rahmdome....

if CHUY wins though he will try and cancel the deal...lol...



What deal? The article I found was from 2013 and said the construction would begin in 2014. Doesn't sound like there is a plan.

Not sure if a arena at McCormick place will help get students there...is there a El stop at McCormick place? If there is that would help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 30110
Location: West Side
pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
shakes wrote:
Not sure if a arena at McCormick place will help get students there...is there a El stop at McCormick place? If there is that would help.

Where have you been, Shakes? That opened almost two months ago.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_in ... rtId=26950

_________________
Seacrest wrote:
I rarely troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
The thing wont be done until 2017. Hotels, events center, etc

And while the usual suspects love to argue with me about the distance from the LP campus to rosemont v this new facility, the new facility will draw many more based on the location.

Its not only DePaul, its events of all kinds....its a great idea, great concept if run well. An established event management company that BOOKS shows needs to be involved and not some BS company created to kickback money to Jerry & Co for 'management" of the facility....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-depaul-basketball-arena-on-track-for-winter-groundbreaking-20141015-story.html#lightbox=77488775&slide=1

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 11295
Leiteo? didn't do a bad job of recruiting while he was here the last time. He recruited two NBA players Chandler and Dorrell Wright. I'm not excited about the hire but I am a DePaul fan so hope will always spring eternal when it comes to them. They have some talent on the roster now. I don't if Garrett will stay. It depends on what happens with his father. They should have been an NIT team this yr. I know that's not something to get excited about but it's a start.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52700
he might be building something here

baby steps but two top 25 wins do have meaning

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 18288
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
supposing somebody wanted to watch a depaul game. Where might one be able to find that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 40992
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
McDonough claiming good things this past summer. Not Jon, but Sean

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 52700
Hatchetman wrote:
supposing somebody wanted to watch a depaul game. Where might one be able to find that?


This is one of the big problems. Why do they have no local deal, even if it is on a channel like The U. Get those games on local and free TV at any cost.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
good dolphin wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
supposing somebody wanted to watch a depaul game. Where might one be able to find that?


This is one of the big problems. Why do they have no local deal, even if it is on a channel like The U. Get those games on local and free TV at any cost.
Conferences don't have local deals any more. DePaul would have to go independent to do that.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14338
Location: "Across 110th Street"
good dolphin wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
supposing somebody wanted to watch a depaul game. Where might one be able to find that?


This is one of the big problems. Why do they have no local deal, even if it is on a channel like The U. Get those games on local and free TV at any cost.


I never understand why they pay for crap production & promotion by the Score (or on the radio period). I cannot stomach the Score broadcasts and only occasionally see them when they pop up on FoxSports1 or other off brand channel.

I didn't even realize that Leitao was back until around Christmas.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 14338
Location: "Across 110th Street"
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
supposing somebody wanted to watch a depaul game. Where might one be able to find that?


This is one of the big problems. Why do they have no local deal, even if it is on a channel like The U. Get those games on local and free TV at any cost.
Conferences don't have local deals any more. DePaul would have to go independent to do that.


There has to be some kind of revenue sharing agreement for free tv, especially given the low saturation rate for FoxSports 1 to consumers. I'm sure that Fox would be fine with local over the air broadcast agreements at this shaky/unknown stage of their new-ish channels in many markets.

_________________
"Law cannot change hearts, but it can restrain the heartless." MLKing, 12/7/64, London, England.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54627
Location: To the left of my post
Regular Reader wrote:
There has to be some kind of revenue sharing agreement for free tv, especially given the low saturation rate for FoxSports 1 to consumers. I'm sure that Fox would be fine with local over the air broadcast agreements at this shaky/unknown stage of their new-ish channels in many markets.
There isn't. They buy the whole thing and want to control the whole thing.

It's all about controlling as much unique content as you can. They'd rather just stream it on their app rather than give it up to someone else.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group