It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:24 am 

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mens-college ... ball-coach

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:51 am 

Virginia didnt go so well for Leitao. He might have maxxed out the last time he was here.

The lady A.D. sure has stuck around a while. Theres no football to worry about. She has done OK with womans basketball, but the big money comes from the men's program and after 13 years, it still sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I don't even know what to say about this other than "whatever".

This program lost me a long time ago.

The last Depaul game i went to was in 2002 when I helped organize a walk out to protest the awful coaching of Pat Kennedy. Here is an article about it from USA Today with a quote from me at the bottom...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/basketball/men/games/2002-02-09-ecu-depaul.htm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
shakes wrote:

The last Depaul game i went to was in 2002 when I helped organize a walk out to protest the awful coaching of Pat Kennedy. Here is an article about it from USA Today with a quote from me at the bottom...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/basketball/men/games/2002-02-09-ecu-depaul.htm

Little did you realize it would never be that good again. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
shakes wrote:

Little did you realize it would never be that good again. :lol:

I know, right. I'd gladly take a snake oil salesman like Kennedy now. A guy like that who buys recruits, but can't coach...all he needs is to by himself a Grade A point guard who can coach the team on the floor and even a coach who can't coach can find success. Look what Tark did once he got Greg Anthony. No coincidence that when Anthony fouled out vs Duke with 10 minutes left they went on to lose to a team they beat by about 50 the year before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
While I dont like the hire for the time and situation, they kinda have 1 more shot before the plug should be pulled on this program.

2 years of construction on the arena and if Leitao's team is not producing a better recruits and some potential, he gets a 3rd year and someone else gets the new arena to recruit as the last great hope for dePaul to continue to play Div I basketball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:38 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Have they broken ground on the Rahmitorium yet?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:41 pm 

bigfan wrote:
While I dont like the hire for the time and situation, they kinda have 1 more shot before the plug should be pulled on this program.

2 years of construction on the arena and if Leitao's team is not producing a better recruits and some potential, he gets a 3rd year and someone else gets the new arena to recruit as the last great hope for dePaul to continue to play Div I basketball

What new arena?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:46 pm 

The Rahmdome....

if CHUY wins though he will try and cancel the deal...lol...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:52 pm 

bigfan wrote:
The Rahmdome....

if CHUY wins though he will try and cancel the deal...lol...

What deal? The article I found was from 2013 and said the construction would begin in 2014. Doesn't sound like there is a plan.

Not sure if a arena at McCormick place will help get students there...is there a El stop at McCormick place? If there is that would help.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
shakes wrote:
Not sure if a arena at McCormick place will help get students there...is there a El stop at McCormick place? If there is that would help.

Where have you been, Shakes? That opened almost two months ago.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel_in ... rtId=26950

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:00 pm 

The thing wont be done until 2017. Hotels, events center, etc

And while the usual suspects love to argue with me about the distance from the LP campus to rosemont v this new facility, the new facility will draw many more based on the location.

Its not only DePaul, its events of all kinds....its a great idea, great concept if run well. An established event management company that BOOKS shows needs to be involved and not some BS company created to kickback money to Jerry & Co for 'management" of the facility....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-depaul-basketball-arena-on-track-for-winter-groundbreaking-20141015-story.html#lightbox=77488775&slide=1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:54 pm 

Leiteo? didn't do a bad job of recruiting while he was here the last time. He recruited two NBA players Chandler and Dorrell Wright. I'm not excited about the hire but I am a DePaul fan so hope will always spring eternal when it comes to them. They have some talent on the roster now. I don't if Garrett will stay. It depends on what happens with his father. They should have been an NIT team this yr. I know that's not something to get excited about but it's a start.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 am 

he might be building something here

baby steps but two top 25 wins do have meaning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
supposing somebody wanted to watch a depaul game. Where might one be able to find that?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:16 am 

McDonough claiming good things this past summer. Not Jon, but Sean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:01 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
supposing somebody wanted to watch a depaul game. Where might one be able to find that?

This is one of the big problems. Why do they have no local deal, even if it is on a channel like The U. Get those games on local and free TV at any cost.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

This is one of the big problems. Why do they have no local deal, even if it is on a channel like The U. Get those games on local and free TV at any cost.
Conferences don't have local deals any more. DePaul would have to go independent to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:14 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I never understand why they pay for crap production & promotion by the Score (or on the radio period). I cannot stomach the Score broadcasts and only occasionally see them when they pop up on FoxSports1 or other off brand channel.

I didn't even realize that Leitao was back until around Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Conferences don't have local deals any more. DePaul would have to go independent to do that.

There has to be some kind of revenue sharing agreement for free tv, especially given the low saturation rate for FoxSports 1 to consumers. I'm sure that Fox would be fine with local over the air broadcast agreements at this shaky/unknown stage of their new-ish channels in many markets.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:44 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
There has to be some kind of revenue sharing agreement for free tv, especially given the low saturation rate for FoxSports 1 to consumers. I'm sure that Fox would be fine with local over the air broadcast agreements at this shaky/unknown stage of their new-ish channels in many markets.
There isn't. They buy the whole thing and want to control the whole thing.

It's all about controlling as much unique content as you can. They'd rather just stream it on their app rather than give it up to someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:25 pm 

bigfan wrote:
And while the usual suspects love to argue with me about the distance from the LP campus to rosemont v this new facility, the new facility will draw many more based on the location.

MANY?

2016-2017 Average Attendance = 5,261
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_DePaul_Blue_Demons_men%27s_basketball_team

2017-2018 Average Attendance = 5,738
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_DePaul_Blue_Demons_men%27s_basketball_team

And the honeymoon attendance uptick will soon end. This arena has been an disaster and will continue to be a drain on the city. Thanks Rahm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
apparently, to everyone but Bigfan, that outcome was quite obvious.

Now, should they get very good at basketball, maybe it still works. Doubtful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm 

CAN DEPAUL INCREASE ATTENDANCE BY 9 PERCENT? (PERCENT 9?)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:58 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

His curious antipathy toward the Chairman and claims that them playing at the UC made less/no sense was always off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
me telling my kids about DePaul basketball is like my dad telling me about when UC football was a big thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:21 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
me telling my kids about DePaul basketball is like my dad telling me about when UC football was a big thing.

When I was at Lab nearly 40 years ago, it almost seemed as big a myth as those of the Greek Gods :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

His curious antipathy toward the Chairman and claims that them playing at the UC made less/no sense was always off.

DePaul at the UC didn't make sense to the extent that a 22,000-seat barn was a waste for, shall we say a boutique college program that wasn't going to get great dates behind the Bulls, Blackhawks, and ice shows. It did make sense to the extent that THEY OFFERED FREE RENT!

I believe 1T's big hope was always that the DePaul arena would drive down rent at the UC and screw Reinsdorf (and Wirtz, but he never had the same animus there). Never mind that Chicago needed another arena like it needed a hole in the head.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

When I was at Lab nearly 40 years ago, it almost seemed as big a myth as those of the Greek Gods :lol:

Must be nice to have that kind of money..... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:10 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Must be nice to have that kind of money..... :lol:

U high, not Parker. Did not know reader was a maroon.